[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/daily/ - It's Time to Stop Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85
File: gay hack haven.png (3 MB, 999x672) Image search: [Google]
gay hack haven.png
3 MB, 999x672
It's a day.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow!

http://topsters.net/
>resurrected but keeps fucking up, just use paint for your charts honestly

https://synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension for space-time memery (aka "music") ever since plug deejay was musically aborted

http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff, updating again, welcome back damsjans!

Most importantly, end yourself dude!

Previously, on /daily/: >>64702602
>>
bois
>>
File: tintin dancing.jpg (169 KB, 478x388) Image search: [Google]
tintin dancing.jpg
169 KB, 478x388
>>64744715
for da boys
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 580x435
For de boys
>>
File: folder.jpg (71 KB, 710x710) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
71 KB, 710x710
Hello /boys/, what are you planning on listening to today?
I'll listen to some Bill Evans, what Bill Evans do you guys like? The ones by him I like the most are waltz for Debby and you must believe in spring.
>>
File: ain soph.jpg (75 KB, 945x623) Image search: [Google]
ain soph.jpg
75 KB, 945x623
Why is topsters such a piece of shit?

been listening to pic related and a ton of other dark ambient lately, also been trying to make threads about it but they always die after >5 posts

would appreciate if i could get some cool ambient recs famalongs
>>
File: mohnomishe.jpg (127 KB, 673x658) Image search: [Google]
mohnomishe.jpg
127 KB, 673x658
>>64744806
You probably do but just in case you don't, you should know about :zoviet*france:. Pic related is fire.
>>
>>64744803
>what are you planning on listening to today
planning on watching a film actually cause it's past 10PM here
>what Bill Evans do you guys like?
my ranking for the ones I've heard are
1. Sunday at the Village Vanguard
2. Portrait in Jazz
3. You Must Believe in Spring
>>64744806
I don't know much dark ambient desu but check out Caroline K - Now Wait for Last Year if you haven't
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
Today is first listen for Stevie, 2nd listen for Bad Company, possibly first listen for Clapton but I kind of doubt it.

My dad's coming to visit for a week, so I don't know how much listening time I'll have after today.
>>
File: Tourney.jpg (127 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Tourney.jpg
127 KB, 900x600
good friend rodriguez: Death from Above 1979 - Heads Up

I liked this. It's fun, noisy and energetic. Neat little EP. Pretty solid stuff. I don't think it's as good as orz's rec however. Good friend rodriguez does not advance.

orz: Harvey Milk - My Love Is Higher Than Your Assessment Of What My Love Could Be

Wew. That was some pretty intense and angry music. I preferred over gfr's rec because like I said it was fucking intense shit, it was angrier which is what I wanted for their round, it was more varied so basically I just liked it more. Orz advances.
>>
You are all nerds. Face it.

>>64744803
I like Undercurrents
Waltz for Debby is nice too.

>>64744904
not even part of this and it's still rigged af
>>
>>64744960
This is true.
>>
>>64744960
I'm not a nerd, i'm a cool guy.

I'm listening to Instrumental Music of the Kalahari San
>>
>>64745155
I'm going to be very honest right now; that kinda sounds like something a nerd would do...
>>
>>64745167
nuh-uh
>>
>>64745155
lmao why listen to music if you can't sing along haha :)
>>
>>64745357
Definitely, but Congo and America - while entertaining in their own way - aren't nearly as good as the albums from Cigars of the Pharaohs and onwards. In that way they aren't really that great an introduction to Tintin imo.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10176283

>>64744960
woah woah woah that's a pretty strong accusation
>>
КИП ДAT КУШ AП OH ME
КИП ДAT КУШ AП OH ME
КOЗ AJ КИП ДAT КУШ AП OH ME
КУШ ФPOM AФГAHCTAH
>>
File: leangotmefuckedup.gif (1 MB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
leangotmefuckedup.gif
1 MB, 450x253
>>64745671
this post reeks of uncontainable sadness
>>
What's some good house or techno?
>>
>>64745969
Treehouse
>>
>>64745155
>instrumental music
>almost every song has "with n x's voice(s)"
>>64745733
this kid...
>>
Should have updated this way earlier.

>Os Mutantes - s/t
Summery psychedelia. it's fun.

>buncha dudes - Melt
Wank. Good wank. Excellent drumming, nice noise, sax is cool, just damn fine. 3.5-
>>
>>64746233
I think I asked this before but is the last row just random stuff?
Also those are some fine images, my dude
>>
>>64746233
Oh and don't know how often you check bread so
https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S64702602#p64720840
>>
Where's banjo?
>>
File: benji.jpg (46 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
benji.jpg
46 KB, 720x960
>>64746471
he turned into a rabbit on fb
>>
File: 1425387555064.jpg (82 KB, 312x510) Image search: [Google]
1425387555064.jpg
82 KB, 312x510
>>64744842
>>64744886
thanks for the recs also to whoever recommended me Brannten Schnüre u da real mvp senpai this is exactlyt what ive been looking for
>>
File: come on.png (33 KB, 163x152) Image search: [Google]
come on.png
33 KB, 163x152
>>64746233
listen to the blind street men already
>>
>>64744803
>Hello /boys/, what are you planning on listening to today?
Milton Nascimento. My dad has over a dozen of his cds, so I'm just gonna pick at his collection. Today is Milton (1976). It features Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock and Airto Moreira.
>>
File: 1462594679167.jpg (109 KB, 511x788) Image search: [Google]
1462594679167.jpg
109 KB, 511x788
BUT FIRST
someone recommend me a piece of music or EP that is 25 minutes or less, and I'll listen to it right now and then write a little about it
Must be streaming on bandcamp or youtube
>>
>>64744803
Oh and I'm listening to Glass Bead Games now btw
It's str8 fire
But I feel bad about giving yet another '!'. :(
This is so good tho
>>
>>64746732
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MbAat8yhio4
>>
>>64746229
yeah what's up with that....
stupid folkways...
>>
>>64746679
that sounds p good
I've only listened to Milton (1970), Clube Da Esquina and Milagre dos peixes. All were pretty good though, he seems to have a really consistent discog when it comes to quality.
>>
>>64746732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INYeYz3VE3M
>>
File: A MOON SHAPED POOL.jpg (301 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
A MOON SHAPED POOL.jpg
301 KB, 1200x1200
>Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool

This has been my most anticipated album of 2014, 2015 and 2016. LP9. I had the new tracks from the TKOL tour and from the Pathway To Paris show in constant rotation. I was waiting very patiently for this. I tried not to hype it up, but the last couple of days were excruciating. Expectations were set high.

First of all, the album name is terrible. I really dislike it. Especially compared to the anticipated “Dawn Chorus” name. Then the artwork isn’t all that great. I saw that the inner sleeve and the artbook include more colorful works from Stanley and are more of what I expected when he said that he has been having fun with spilling out pain on the canvas and seeing where it goes. The tracklist of this album is bizarrely in alphabetical order AND features the two singles as the first two tracks. Very alarming sight. There goes another expectation.
>>
File: Burn The Witch.jpg (172 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Burn The Witch.jpg
172 KB, 1000x1000
>>64746963
Now onto the music. Burn the Witch, the first single of AMSP, has been something I have been looking forward to for so long. The opening lines “avoid all eye contact / do not react” were imprinted into my memory from that Diet Of The Worms page for quiet some time now. The presentation of what would become the lyrics on the track was so haunting. The live teasing didn’t help the mystery either. Now, the album recording of the track that finally shed the light on the matters might be one of Radiohead’s poppiest releases I have heard since IR. Not a bad thing at all, but I’m not sure if it lived up to the hype. The core of the song is based on Jonny’s string arrangements and Colin’s distorted bassline. It has a nice drive to it, but I thought that the drumming on this particular track were way too tame. I am still not that big of a fan of the effects on Colin’s bass, especially after how much groove it provided on TKOL. Jonny’s strings definitely add onto the song (especially the slightly dissonant ending) but I feel like what keeps the whole track away from being mediocre is Thom. His vocals are so goddamn catchy and some of the original lyrics finally made it onto the track. I love his performance on the chorus. That “We Know Where You Live” bit is stuck in my head all the time now. Good track, but could be better if they worked some more on the arrangement. Even more than the 15 or so years it took for this track to finally see the light of day.
>>
File: Daydreaming.jpg (316 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Daydreaming.jpg
316 KB, 1000x1000
>>64746986
The second single Daydreaming follows. It is gorgeous. I love it so much. The ambient piano amongst the small cobwebs of what sounds like xylophones and looped synths is such a wonderful combination. After Thom finishes delivering the lyrical part, the track proceeds into the second major section with a different piano progression. The violas and the cello become the major part of the track. The simplicity of their presence here helps the track a lot. They bring the track to a downward spiral of dark and hollow cello playing along with Thom’s backwards mumbling. Speaking of mumbling, the lyrics on here are the second most important factor. They open one of the major themes on tha album that has been haunting Thom since Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes: his break up with Rachel. It’s a huge thing for Thom. Based off the lyrics, it seems like his pursue of dreams affected his relationship badly. The backwards vocals at the end have Thom repeating “half of my life” and it is just very very sad. The track is beautiful regardless and is one of Radiohead’s best. I’m sure Thom will have some stage breakdowns with this one.

The album continues to cling onto the theme with Decks Dark. Looped piano shimmers from Jonny and Thom playing the main piano progression. I didn’t really dig the track at first but it grew on me, especially the switch to those beautiful choir howls after the drums come in at 1:20. The “it was just a laugh” part was catchy too. The closing section from 3:25 had a very organic Jonny/Ed guitar sections that were mixed into the reverberated backing vocal. Sort of reminded me of the live version of Bloom with that closing looping guitar section. Good track.
>>
File: ok kid.jpg (34 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
ok kid.jpg
34 KB, 620x372
>>64747013
Desert Island Disk is this Neil Young-ish track from Thom where he shows off one of his more impressive acoustic guitar playing. He is definitely not a guitar hero, but I felt like the introduction here was more than what he usually presents. The track was already played once during the Pathway To Paris performance in a very similar manner. I think that this track is also somewhat related to his personal life situation, but it appears to be in a much brighter light. The closing lines “Different types of love are possible” sound very comforting and optimistic. Outside of that, the droning synths from Jonny were engaging.
>>
File: ful stop.jpg (488 KB, 1000x557) Image search: [Google]
ful stop.jpg
488 KB, 1000x557
>>64747034
Then there’s Ful fucking Stop. Ever since they premiered this at Tinley Park, I have been obsessed. This track was one of the roughest Radiohead tracks in a while with Colin’s fuzzy bassline absolutely annihilating the live performances. The track even got a facelift for the European leg of the tour, when Clive’s drum section became much more exciting as the first verse ended (here is an example https://youtu.be/tde3QObBlAo). There are some rudiments of that switch in the reworked version of the track (that switch around 3:10). However, I do have a major issue. The aggression of the bassline is gone. The track turned into a menacing force instead. The bare drum sounds, the very laid-back bass riff and Thom’s Dave Smith Prophet 08 opening up the track. My favorite addition is a fade-in and out of Jonny’s Max/MSP patched guitar here which perfectly fits the track. Thom worked a bit on the lyrics here and writing out some of the sections took away from more interesting dynamic shifts, especially on the cool drumstick hit powered “Take Me Back Again” section from the live performances, where Jonny played his Reich-esque solo (with that cool-ass 2 string capo that I want). The solo is one of the highlights but, as I said previously, a big punch is missing from the song. The arrangement isn’t bad by any means, but it could be so much better. This is still one of their best tracks since Amnesiac B-Sides in my opinion.

Glass Eyes is the shortest track on the album, just barely under a 3 minute mark. I have a stupid assertion that this track is somewhat connected to Black Swan from The Eraser due to some of the imagery, but it’s most probably not the case. Jonny makes this track. I am just happy that he was given so much freedom with the London Contemporary Orchestra on this album because it really kicks up their songwriting game up on this track. It’s simple baroque pop I guess, but the strings fit extra tight with Thom’s piano.
>>
File: radiohead-photo-alex-lake.jpg (64 KB, 807x287) Image search: [Google]
radiohead-photo-alex-lake.jpg
64 KB, 807x287
>>64747056
Identikit is another track that was premiered in the debut TKOL tour date in Miami. A heartbreak song about the loss of identity that became one of Thom’s favorites to perform during the tour. Let me go straight to the issues. Identikit had Ed taken away from the back up vocal role. I am very upset about that. Poor Ed. I really can’t hear much of him on this record. I thought that he worked well with Thom during the live performances. However, the biggest upset here is the LCO choir doing the “broken hearts make it rain” section during Thom’s synth section. It takes away so much attention from the coolest moment on the entire track and that upsets me. That synth line is fucking bonkers. The percussion section got toned down as well, making another thing I like disappear. Jonny’s clean guitar solo closer to the end of the track is still here though and I dig that. A really good track that is brought down by its presentation, just like Ful Stop.

The Numbers (a.k.a. Silent Spring) was also premiered during the Pathway To Paris event and it did fit there very well. An acoustic guitar climate change song with very pretty string arrangements that should be a staple at your local Greenpeace gatherings. I like the positive message here with some very comforting lyrics, directed towards people doubting the climate change. It isn’t as angry as his stuff from The Eraser though. As cheesy as it is, I really like the “one day at a time” line with all the reverbed backing vocals. I also thought that “the future is inside us / it’s not somewhere else” line was very inspiring. Thumbs up from me.
>>
File: present tense 09.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
present tense 09.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>64747075
The Present Tense. It has been shredding me since Latitude fest. At some point I gave up on hoping for its Radiohead release after Jonny included it into the Norwegian Wood score. Then I had a lot of complaints when Thom changed the picking pattern and the opening chord progression starting from Club AMOK and forwards but fuck it. This is gorgeous. I am so happy about how this turned out! The lyrics, the acoustic guitar, the choir and even the goddamn shaker. Everything is wonderful. I like the touch of an extra guitar that Jonny brought in which makes the song even brighter. This is Thom’s major triumph and one of the best songs he has ever written. I’m so glad they didn’t fuck this one up.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief is one of the most pointless titles from Thom but the track itself is pretty cool! A lot of string arrangements that reminded me off Spectre and Thom’s up close vocal delivery that brought back memories of that solo From The Basement performance. The song is more about Thom’s ecological agenda but this one confuses me due to the title. I really like the climax on this one.
>>
File: 1372107039992.jpg (80 KB, 636x1024) Image search: [Google]
1372107039992.jpg
80 KB, 636x1024
>>64747099
The album ends on True Love Waits. Been kicking on the shelves since 1995, it finally appears completely reworked. Thom and Jonny duet on the keyboards here. This is the most depressing track on the album for me. Might be one of the most depressing tracks in Radiohead’s career too. The thing is the lyrics come from such a warm and pure place in a lover’s heart, where the only thing that can go wrong is if the second half leaves. That’s what happened and it is really painful. “I’m not living / I’m just killing time” sounds so much more powerful. I think it was a brilliant idea to include this one here and the arrangement is wonderful. It really needs that bare bone pianos and shivering vocals take for the effectiveness. Brilliant closer that finally got the release it deserved. At the moment when it was most needed and most relevant for Thom himself.

This album was very good. Don’t really think I disliked anything on this. I am still not content with some of the decisions on the arrangements. I might be a bit too critical in the review because I followed every single change under a microscope. However, I do understand that certain actions were taken towards making the album feel as tight together and “ethereal” as it is, but some of the tracks lack a punch in my opinion. Maybe the “grooves” weren’t as appropriate as they were on TKOL. What I really liked about the album were the moments when Thom’s piano was placed right next to Jonny playing some other keyboard, which rarely happened prior to this release. I thought that was a great songwriting tool introduction that refreshed Radiohead’s approach. The strings were neat too! I would like to point out how not-straightforward Nigel’s production was on this record. Sure, I didn’t like a couple of things but the presence of each instrument, their swift appearances and even shit like fade outs that I would usually dislike were all used in a good manner in here.
>>
>>64747114
Just post a number dude damnnnn
>>
File: Selway 2.0.jpg (120 KB, 978x584) Image search: [Google]
Selway 2.0.jpg
120 KB, 978x584
>>64747114
It is nice to see a lot of the songs resurfacing after so many years of anticipation. This album is definitely a success and a step into a slightly different direction of songwriting and production from Radiohead. I think that as of right now I will rank this album just behind Amnesiac, Kid A and OKC. So far this is the only thing I have been listening to in a past couple of days and I think this trend will continue for another week or so. And maybe see them tour. Maybe.

8+/10
>>
>>64747137
inb4 hampus
>>
>>64747149
no one cares
>>
>>64747114
Thanks for the write up, man! I enjoyed it. You were really following these tracks in the evolution.
>>
>>64747172
np. Glad you did.
>>
File: tintin and dogwander.png (80 KB, 151x247) Image search: [Google]
tintin and dogwander.png
80 KB, 151x247
>>64746963
>>64746986
>>64747013
>>64747034
>>64747056
>>64747075
>>64747099
>>64747114
>>64747137
>>
>>64747158
rewd
>>
>>64747224
Yeah shoutout to you man, making your way through all the memes and melons.
>>
File: jim.png (30 KB, 124x133) Image search: [Google]
jim.png
30 KB, 124x133
Rain outside. I like rainy days.
Open to suggestions on what to listen to on a rainy day.
>>64746679
Sounds interesting. I've never been a fan of Shorter or Hancock though. I'm willing to give them more listens anyway. I've been recommended the all seeing eye since I like Andrew Hill and I found Hancock's grammy-winning record actually nice.
>>64747137
Nice.
I don't even like radiohead and couldn't give less of a damn about their new record, but it's nice to see people enthusiastic about something.
>>64746737
It's all killer, I didn't know I could like modal jazz that much. Blowing in from Chicago is great as well but very different, groovy hard bop.
>>
>>64747347
http://www.allaboutjazz.com/clifford-jordans-glass-bead-games-coltranes-progeny-by-samuel-chell.php?width=375
Read this, it's worth the long read
>>
>>64746775
>Gottschalk- a night in the tropics
I'm not well-versed in classical music by any means, so take from this what you will.
I enjoyed this piece a good amount. It is joyous and triumphant, and sounds like the end of a massive ballet production of a fantastic adventure. There's a lot of gravity to it in parts. It seems like it's trying to address a lot of themes and emotions, and it's a little overwhelming and leaves a somewhat ambiguous impression. It's like an emotional casserole. It was filling and tasty but fuck if I know what the chef was thinking, putting all those feelings in there.
At around the 12-minute mark, the piece changes drastically, and introduces a snare drum that makes the piece hearken thoughts of patriotic John Phillips Sousa marches. I didn't like that.
Anyway. The piece as a whole seems a little discombobulated thematically (perhaps context will alleviate that) but it is still enjoyable, albeit somewhat "safe" sounding (mind you I've been listening to Ligeti and Schnittke).

Thanks for sharing, Comet on a Bus!
>>
>>64747347
>Open to suggestions on what to listen to on a rainy day.
Go for a walk under an umbrella while listing to Lambchop- Nixon
>>
File: 1462110153148.jpg (624 KB, 1666x1718) Image search: [Google]
1462110153148.jpg
624 KB, 1666x1718
radiobed can and very likely will go to 4.0- at the slightest nudge, but right now i just can't do it.

Doggy, I love it when you do these long reviews. genuine love and passion for music on /mu/ is so rare and so nice, it's a big part of why i /daily/ to begin with. even if it causes another hampus shitfit, never stop.
also good job on the gf!! <3
>>
what should i listen to today guyise
>>
>>64747396
Nice.
Also strata-east is a very good cult label, you should dig into it.
>>64747514
Seems like an album I won't like not trying to be rude.
Also it stopped raining :(
>>
>>64747638
dead - musical abortions
>>
>>64746301
Bottom row is double/triple albums, hence the "le dubs feller"

>>64746434
I saw it, forgot to reply. I made the chart for that a while ago except I made it on topsters so it didn't save, I should recreate it and maybe I'll add stuff from this label if it seems cool enough, will have to see when I have the motivation to do it tho

>>64746645
sometime
>>
>>64747347
>>64747612
<3
>>
>>64747715
>dead - musical abortions
ive heard this bro
>>
Where the fuck is this? I need it!
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/unauth/%E7%81%B0%E9%87%8E%E6%95%AC%E4%BA%8C_%E9%AB%98%E6%A9%8B%E6%82%A0%E6%B2%BB/may_12__1979/
>>
>>64748041
no idea, can't find it on asian torrents either
>>
>>64748100
That's a pity. A 1979 recording from Haino sounds pretty rare.
>>
>>64747669
>Seems like an album I won't like
I wasn't sure able it myself but Karenin loves it if that's any testament to it's quality. Try the opener at least, that's my favorite from the record
>>
>>64748137
hey, in what quality do you have secret black box btw?
>>
>>64748137
moreover which keiji haino records do you own physically?
which of them are (non-western) japanese release?
>>
>>64748251
same as everyone 256
>>64748472
hmm.I have Soul's True Love, Last Live, After Seijaku, Mail From Fushitsusha, Koko, Nothing Changes, Global Ancient Atmosphere, Animamima, Yaranai, C'est Parfait on CD. That's it I think.
>>
>>64748630
soon to have Watashi Dake? and Live 1 or 2 when p.s.f. 2.0 vinyls them
>>
>>64748695
Probably, yes.
>>
noone has musics for me?
>>
File: 6027644.png (517 KB, 688x696) Image search: [Google]
6027644.png
517 KB, 688x696
>>64748860
>>
>>64748860
No, fuck off.
>>
>>64748860
Boggle, listen to Heavy Heavy Low Low's Turtle Nipple or Hospital Bomber.
>>
>>64748630
>souls true love, nothing changes, animamima, yaranai, mail from fushisusha

are any of these that you own are released on a japanese label? if so, do you have mega links to rips of them.
>>
>>64744904
Oh do me and Black God next
>>
>>64749149
I feel like yaranai was slightly corrupted in the last minute or so. not sure, but here's the link
https://mega.nz/#!Q8hkzYgQ!4ik3DkEl2QPJ7yivvdD0XYH18N2_WBIeZ6rgT6YXSPE

>STL
https://mega.nz/#!1gpjQYyY!pwwjOXHm1UYXGmVxhNEVgelehnmYG8JI3VEBpYRoxmo

>Nothing changes
US label

>Mail From Fushitsusha
https://mega.nz/#!wgg0SCwa!_Dqj9f2mX6E9seC_Mv9mkiTovqd6W6LPEH_Ux2pY95g

>Animamima
US label
>>
>>64749639
thanks!!!
if you're searching for something from asia and you're out of luck and don't want to buy, ask if I can get it 4 u
>>
>>64749795
:ok_hand: ty
>>
File: fräse19.webm (1 MB, 600x344) Image search: [Google]
fräse19.webm
1 MB, 600x344
Man I'm so busy with uni and doing normie stuff I barely have time to listen to music anymore. Anyway, I'm listening to SFTB for the second time now, Helpless Child is really beautiful.
>>
File: 1993.jpg (20 KB, 280x300) Image search: [Google]
1993.jpg
20 KB, 280x300
so i guess this is a fanmade compilation of Rocketship's pre-album singles? it sure sounds like it, cause the volume differences between the different tracks are really, really grating.
otherwise i've been enjoying this a lot; it's more focused on being pure twee pop than A Certain Smile and they're much better pop songwriters than they are feedback romancers.
Mark and Nat should check this out/10
>>
>>64750587
Sounds nice, do you have a link for it?
>>
AMSP>BP
>>
>>64750587
also zippy (mp3 160 kb/s) for those interested; most of the versions on soulseek have in incorrect (?) tracklist but i think i managed to puzzle it together
http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/hbko5nvO/file.html
>>
>>64750646
i came prepared >>64750705
>>
File: like.png (105 KB, 2000x1713) Image search: [Google]
like.png
105 KB, 2000x1713
>>64750705
>>64750760
>>
Going through the new Wire issue and this seems interesting (and poseur as fuck at the same time)
https://agf-poemproducer.bandcamp.com/album/kon-3p-ution-to-e-vol-ution
>>
what do you guys think of the new Pokemon starters?
>>
>>64751307
fire cat is most unoriginal poke i've seen in awhile, water seal is a dummy, grass birb is cool
who are you
>>
>>64751396

Keiji Haino. AMA
>>
>>64751439
haircut when
>>
>>64751515

It's iconic. Like the sunglasses.
>>
>>64751307
really boring. Owl one is okaayyyy but compared to hoothoot and that christmas owl pokemon, it's still a pretty weak design

is it just me or have the past 4 generations of starters looked exactly the same bar a few minor changes
>>
File: Cover.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
Digging the concierto de Aranjuez on this one. What have you been enjoying lately?
>>64748218
Karenin loves some stuff I can't get into either. But anyway, on second though I'm gonna check it out eventually, gotta step out of the comfort zone every once in a while.
>>64751307
O W L S & S E A L S.
Don't really care for pokemon games though.
>>64751439
What's behind the glasses?
>>
>>64751621
Been enjoying today's album despite the lower score. He's like Smog, I'm gonna check more of him out eventually.
>>
>>64751621

I'm actually blind. That's why I have a cane.
>>
File: the lusty month of may.png (3 MB, 1680x1757) Image search: [Google]
the lusty month of may.png
3 MB, 1680x1757
>>64751649
>>
>>64751649
By the way, are you planning on watching any of the films from the soundtrack section? Fantastic planet is really unique, beautiful and about 70 minutes long, very easy going, I'd recommend it strongly.
>>64751676
Damn...
>>
>>64751858
yeah 8 1/2 piqued my interest. no idea what kind of film would have that soundtrack so I guess it's now a to-watch list eurgh.
>>
>>64751897
Fellini's a cool director. If you're not familiar with the movie then I won't spoil anything for you, but I think it's a really good one.
>>
>>64751897
8½ is really fucking good! Have you maybe seen other Fellini (La Dolce Vita, Fellini's Satyricon, Amarcord)?
>>
>>64752073
>>64752091
This will be my first Fellini, I think my dad likes his stuff. I'll check it out ASAP.
>>
File: mmh.jpg (26 KB, 552x594) Image search: [Google]
mmh.jpg
26 KB, 552x594
Psycho was great, couldn't take my eyes off the screen and in general i was very entertained. The fact that some scenes are part of pop culture (you know, THAT one) ruined a particular scene for me though, but I loved it anyways!
>>
>>64752288
Have you seen Vertigo? That's far and away my favorite Hitchcock.
>>
>>64752374
no, but i plan to
actually i haven't seen really many movies in general sooo
>>
>>64752488
Cool! I really recommend this list http://www.theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films_table.php
>>
File: deaf grapes.png (546 KB, 789x494) Image search: [Google]
deaf grapes.png
546 KB, 789x494
I heard /daily/ gives good recs
I'd love to get into emo and hardcore a bit more, haven't found a good entry yet, any help is welcome
>>
>>64752618
thanks! looks interesting. ill go through the famous/classic shit first
>>
anyone have the newest daily chart? the one on the site is extremely low quality
>>
>>64752673
Single Mothers is some really cool shit I like. Their self-titled is really catchy. Check out the emo general sometime, lots of good recs in there. Some people try too hard to be obscure though.
>>
File: husker du zen arcade.jpg (644 KB, 1879x1891) Image search: [Google]
husker du zen arcade.jpg
644 KB, 1879x1891
>>64752673
For Hardcore
>>
File: daily.png (4 MB, 1480x2529) Image search: [Google]
daily.png
4 MB, 1480x2529
>>64752374
Seconding vertigo. Rear window and north by northwest are also nice ones.
>>64752721
It's a nice list. What films do you already like by the way?
>>64752744
Here.
I recommend top right for best taste.
>>
helo
i am bak
>>
>>64751146
To me poseur means interesting, and based on the first track, it does sound pretty poseur. That description is really edgy though.

>>64751307
I have a history of picking water starter, so if I decided to get this gen (probably wouldn't seeing as I never bought a 3DS) I'd have to go with the clown seal. The birb is the best though.

>>64752673
Give pic related a try

>>64752908
Welcome back
>>
>>64752673
Honestly a lot of the emo classics are pretty decent, Snowing, Diary and Cap'n Jazz especially
if you've tried the classics already though check out these
Sleepytime Trio - Memory-Minus
The Van Pelt - Sultans of Sentiment
1905 - Voice

My general rule of thumb is that anything from 95 - 2003ish is usually p good
>>
Also, anyone know the (computer) science between file sizes?

How is it that hampus can upload a ginormous pyramid pic, but nat can't upload a larger /daily/ chart, and I can't even upload a 1200x1200 Moss Icon album cover?
>>
>>64752853
>north by northwest
why do people like this one? it was one fo the most boringest movies I've ever seen
>>
>>64753028
Because compression and file type.
>>
>>64751307
fat owl is best
>>
File: test.jpg (893 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
893 KB, 2000x2000
>>64753064
Oh I see.
>>
>>64753062
Why? It's like an early James Bond, just a really fun movie.
>>
File: Untitled-1.gif (18 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.gif
18 KB, 5000x5000
>>64753174
I could explain it more deeply if you really wanted to, but there's a lot to it. It's really similar to audio compression desu
>>
Nat, I think that's the answer to your daily chart size limit problems, assuming the size limit is on 4chan's end (assuming you haven't already tried saving as a lowery quality jpg).

>>64753064
Yeah, sweet. Thanks.
>>
>>64753062
It's a nicely done thriller, I really don't see how it's boring. I understand if it doesn't keep you on the edge of your seat but it's not slow (like Tarr for example) and there's a lot of stuff going to keep you entertained, Although a bit dated still exciting at the least.
>>
>>64753219
Nah, it's all right. I think I even knew all this at one point, when I tried to get into graphic design a while back, I was just being retarded there.
>>
>>64753229
>Nat, I think that's the answer to your daily chart size limit problems, assuming the size limit is on 4chan's end
It definitely is. 4chan has a 5MB size limit and a max resolution of 5000x5000 (unless it has changed recently, it wasn't that long ago that the file size limit was 3MB).
>>
>>64753024
>>64752980
>>64752796
>>64752789
Oh thank you, it's true what people say! This helps alot, I heard the classics, but none of them stood out very much. On the other hand they all were interesting enough to make me want to explore those genres more
>>
>>64753273
4MB currently I think
>>
File: Lyburnum Wits End Liberation Fly.png (496 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Lyburnum Wits End Liberation Fly.png
496 KB, 1200x1200
>>64753273
The weird thing is that the Moss Icon cover I was trying to upload is only 508KB, and it still didn't let me upload it
>>
Oh weird, there it goes. It works now.
>>
File: The-pyramid-01.jpg (4 MB, 4950x3599) Image search: [Google]
The-pyramid-01.jpg
4 MB, 4950x3599
>>64753336
Yep, seems to be correct.

>>64753461
What error message did you get?
>>
>>64753518

What's some essential xenharmonicism? I'm ready to join the patrician scene.
>>
>>64753218
well considering I find James Bond movies to be really boring...
>>64753230
I suppose so, I guess that's what really put me to sleep though, it was so average. Good cinematography, I think Hitchcock is always great visually, but the story was so forgettable. Also I despise 50s and early 60s American acting style. Also mysteries from that era tend to bore me.
I dislike it for essentially the same reasons I can't get into film noir.
>>
File: spnt004_front.jpg (111 KB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
spnt004_front.jpg
111 KB, 440x440
>>64753565
>>
File: cal post punk funk free jazz.png (3 MB, 2000x1444) Image search: [Google]
cal post punk funk free jazz.png
3 MB, 2000x1444
I didn't even start with this...
>>
File: plan.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1800) Image search: [Google]
plan.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1800
>>64753682
... and already made this. Rate my calendars I guess?
>>
>>64753727
this one looks really nice.
>>
>>64751307
I love the owl and the cat, the seal's not ideal but not too bad and might have some dece evolutions.

>>64752673
rites of spring, assfactor 4,
>>
>>64753727
>>64753682
How are these calendars?
>>
>>64753589
The thing that struck with me the most at first was actually seeing Cary Grant so orange on some scenes.
>>64753727
Good.
>>
>>64751307
Owl is cute. Will pick.
Cat is decent, but will evolve into some boring buff cat dude.
Seal looks weird and gross, but cute. Worst of the 3, but still decent.
>>
File: temple.jpg (4 MB, 4950x3599) Image search: [Google]
temple.jpg
4 MB, 4950x3599
highlighted what i listen to most often / most highly respect and follow. chart's still missing some styles
>>
>>64754285
Such as?
>>
>>64753518
why is gothic rock that low? i think you're mistaking it with mallgoth, it needs to be type I, not 0
>>
>>64754680
>>64754285

Please keep pyramid discussion to one thread >>64753015
>>
>>64754680
where's the difference between bauhaus and evanescence desu
>>
>>64749132
ive heard heavy heavy low low's discography.
>>64748896
aw you have me not filtered any more, how sweet <3
>>64748887
k thx
>>
>>64755086
No clue who you are son.
>>
sync???!?
>>
File: plug dj with maseo.png (206 KB, 594x385) Image search: [Google]
plug dj with maseo.png
206 KB, 594x385
>>64755292
you know it
>>
>>64753518
Originally, a file size too large error, I think. It's working now, though, so that must not have been it. Thanks for troubleshooting, btw.
>>
File: tumblr_n90pjpffnn1tahrlzo1_500.gif (604 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n90pjpffnn1tahrlzo1_500.gif
604 KB, 500x282
I'm late with the reviews nobody cares for
>Sun City Girls- Torch of The Mystics
That was amazing. On my first listen i wan't paying too much attention to the instrumentation, but after several listens i realized how good it was. I guess i love those spacey guitars. If i had to describe this album, then i'd say it's similar to TMR, with more accesible melodies but with a layer of weirdness added by the Chanting. While the album is amazing, the 2nd half felt somewhat dissapointing. Burial on the sky was a kind of weak closer. But, i feel like the first half is good enough to make up for it.
Final score: 8/10
Best tracks: Soace Prophet Dogon, Tarmac 23, The Shinning Light
Worst Tracks : Burial in The Sky

>GoGo Penguin - V 2.0
Not as good as Man Made Oobject, but not a bad album. I feel like this album, while being quite similar to their new release. For those who don't know, these guys are a band that make "Post-Jazz" as some reviewers claim (pretty stupid desu), which just means taking elements of New Age, math rock and ambient and fusing them with Jazz. The album was good but i felt it was lacking, specially compares with their amazing new release.
Final score: 6.5/10
Best: Garden Dog Barbecue, Murmuration
Worst: The Letter
I'm listening to Thunder Perfect mind, will release review Later
SCHEDULE:
>Today: Current 93 - Thunder Perfect Mind
>Tomorrow: Death In June - But, What Ends When The Symbols Shatter?
>Thursday: Anthony Braxton - Dortmund
>Friday: Swell -...Well?
>Saturday: Boduf Songs - Stench of Existence
>Sunday: Paul Schütze - Apart
>>
>>64755835
Cool stuff, got a nice line up going on there, though I don't really like that Current 93 album, but I seem to be in the minority there.
>>
>>64755835
Oh wait I misread. I thought it was Special Plan but I guess you changed that, I do like that one.
>>
>>64755930
>>64756006
So far i'm really liking it, and yes i changed it, was told it wasn't a good place to start
>>
>>64753788
30 albums for a month that has roughly 30 days. Maybe I should have used chart instead but that always makes me think of a favorites chart.
>>
Desde thread
>>
>>64757233
???
>>
>>64744806
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FUTCngCkiI
>>
>>64757308
Dead* fuck this phone
>>
Is the plural of hampus hampi, hampuses, hampus, or hampodes?
>>
>>64757412
hampuses
>>
Where do I start with Nina Simone? Any particular album, or do I download singles or a compilation?
>>
>>64757932
Don't listen to people which didn't wrote their own songs dude. Waste of time.
>>
>>64758210
yes, don't listen to any orchestral music, jazz standards or traditional folk music.
idiot.
>>
File: chart.jpg (138 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
chart.jpg
138 KB, 680x680
>The Microphones - The Glow Part 2
I expected this to just be sad indie rock, but i was pleasantly surprised. I really like how each song had a unique sound to it and how all of the tracks slowly flowed into one another. I also liked how the vocals would just come and go at random points and how some songs were just instrumental. 8/10

And with that i finish my first chart. It was quite fun and i found some new music that i really like so i think i'm gonna continue. I think for my next chart i'm gonna switch from a 1-10 scale to a how much i liked/ disliked it scale cause deciding between one number and another is annoying.
>>
>>64758243

What does that has to do with the fact that the Nina Simone, Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Beyonce, Britney Spears are nothing but hacks with their ghostwriter batallions?
>>
File: Country Chart.png (3 MB, 1201x1123) Image search: [Google]
Country Chart.png
3 MB, 1201x1123
The Ozark Mountain Daredevils - The Ozark Mountain Daredevils (1973)
>country rock, progressive country

Starts off /really/ generically and irritating, but turns into a really charming and catchy little country record. Very down to earth record, little pretention, just a lot of cool country instrumentation in a poppy context. Goes down a lot in quality when it gets rockier, but the poppier, more pastoral bits are really nice.

3.0-
>>
File: Freeform Chart 3.png (752 KB, 1560x720) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 3.png
752 KB, 1560x720
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Nonagon Infinity (2016)
>psychedelic rock, garage rock

Really cool that this is basically one song, and there are some wonderful hooks here, but it gets old quickly. But besides the hooks, the songwriting here is pretty bland and not very good, they just kinda jam. The jamming is cool, but it gets old quickly and is very substanceless.

2.5-

Herbert Distel - La stazione (1990)
>musique concrète

The definition of a headphones album. Nothing very musical about this, just a lot of manipulated found sounds swirling through yer head. Has a bit of a meandering problem, but its mostly very good. The way the sounds just move so effortlessly from the different channels is extraordinary.

3.0+

>>64757932
pastel blues is her big album, its got "sinnerman". also make sure to check out "mississippi goddam", its a wonderful song.

>>64758746
simone didn't have ghostwriters, she performed jazz standards and spirituals and didn't hide that fact. she also did write her own songs, and arranged all of her covers.
>>
>>64758746
Elvis is the only hack you listed.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=139gq3oelpw

dis sum gud shit mayne
>>
>>64759257
If you like musique concrete then check out David Tudor - Microphone. Really good album, quite interesting. But to me it doesn't have much replay value, it's a nice one time listen
>>
>>64760091
ill check it out!
>>
File: musical abortion.gif (427 KB, 320x258) Image search: [Google]
musical abortion.gif
427 KB, 320x258
>>
Is it pleb if i wear an aphex twin shirt? The selected ambients black and white
>>
>>64760316

It's pleb to wear shirts in general. Patricians are all nudist.
>>
>>64760316
I've always wanted a hoodie with the aphex logo, where the hoodie is red and the logo is white. Also it's a really cool symbol nothing wrong with it
>>
Working on chart...done by tonight maybe???

>>64751146
dogman I need your rec to finish up my tourney my guy.

>>64747612
>Xiu Xiu better than OG Twin Peaks
I actually have to agree.

>>64753682
>>64753727
sick charts yo, looking forward to these.
>>
>>64760316
it would be less pleb to have the saw ii relief
>>
File: skepta.jpg (5 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
skepta.jpg
5 KB, 150x150
Thanks to Karenin for recommending this - it's one of the best hip-hop releases of the year
>>
File: Freeform Chart 3.png (792 KB, 1560x720) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 3.png
792 KB, 1560x720
Horrific Child - L'étrange Monsieur Whinster (1976)
>progressive rock, avant-prog

The first track is wonderful, but the other two are bogged down so much by these goofy sound effects, this isn't a fucking comedy album, they're just hard to listen to and don't mesh with the music well at all. It's a shame, because the music is wonderfully eclectic. Its definitely worth it for the wonderful first track though, especially when it just /explodes/ with sound.

2.5-
>>
>>64760055
That was pretty bad

>>64760316
Of course not. If you're wearing a windowlicker shirt or something, though, you'd have to be pretty damn effay to pull it off.

>>64761165
Oh jeez, I was so sure I could write this off as a meme, but now I'm not so sure.
>>
i have a fever
what is some good sick music
>>
>>64761454
Death Grips - The Fever (Aye Aye)
>>
>>64761474
i knew that one was coming
>>
>>64761517
Dead - Musical Abortions
>>
>>64761454

Diamanda Galas - Plague Mass

;^)
>>
File: daily.jpg (724 KB, 1700x1700) Image search: [Google]
daily.jpg
724 KB, 1700x1700
sup /daily/
literally my first time participating in one of these threads
X = not a new listen
Green = Loved it
Yellow = Liked it
Orange = Meh
Red = Disliked it
>>
>>64761701
ayy!
dance of the moon and sun is top tier. nice chart.
>>
>>64759017
my local record store has their country section in the bathroom :)

>>64752853
looks like I'm set to fuck, for the most part
>>
>>64761701
Where'd these albums come from? Just random stuff on the backlist? Good shit either way.

Just relistened to Fire of Love recently and it was a lot better than I remember.
>>
File: 81OiunndTmL._SL1398_.jpg (224 KB, 1398x1392) Image search: [Google]
81OiunndTmL._SL1398_.jpg
224 KB, 1398x1392
>C93 - Thunder Perfect Mind
Well, i have to be honest, i am nlt in the mood for sad music. Things are sailing smoothly for me so i guess i can't engage that much in this album. However, i thought that it was really good. I actually have been looking for accoustic medieval music like this. The songwriting is amazing and some of these songs contain the best lyrics i've ever heard. However, while the singer's voice is quite unique and engaging, sometimes he just failed at the delivery department. I believe that his screaming is voice is an odd one. In songs like Kaiki as Hitler (ome of The best songs of The album) his madman voice brought a unique vibe to the album. However, in songs like The Descent of Long Satan and Babylon and Rosy Star Tears from Heaven where unfitting. In the instrumentation section i was actually in love. Eerie and mysterious are the words i'd use to describe most songs. Almost frightening even. But even more than that, they were quite engaging and even fun to listen. I feel like i will come back to this album, when i ser the mood, but for now i'm not seriously prepared
Not-so-Final score: decent 7/10
Best Tracks:
Hitler as Kaiki, Thunder Mind l&ll, All the Stars are Dead Now
Worst:
Rosy Star Tears
SCHEDULE:
>Tomorrow: Death In June - But, What Ends When The Symbols Shatter?
>Thursday: Anthony Braxton - Dortmund
>Friday: Swell -...Well?
>Saturday: Boduf Songs - Stench of Existence
>Sunday: Paul Schütze - Apart
>>
Is Sufjan Stevens worth getting into?
>>
>>64762404
No.
>>
>>64762404
Yes
>>
File: chart 2.jpg (280 KB, 994x1099) Image search: [Google]
chart 2.jpg
280 KB, 994x1099
Just finished making my second chart, any recommendations on where to start?
>>
>>64762560
Weezer
>>
>>64762560
suicide - s/t
>>
>>64760594
I was gonna say "they'd be on par if it weren't for the extra tracks the OG badalamenti version doesn't have", but no. Xiu Xiu did it better than it actually is regardless
>>
>>64762560
Good shit mang

I would say start with the Mollusk, but Millions Now Living, Animals, and Slow Riot are musts.
>>
>>64762560
Flying Saucer Attack- s/t
>>
>>64762560

Red and Slow Riot are my favorites there. I'd start with Red, personally.
>>
>>64762404
i'd say so. he's done so much you're bound to like something he's done, unless you hate indie, folk, hip hop, AND glitch.
>>
>>64762580
>>64762594
>>64762604
>>64762623
>>64762648
I guess ill just have to listen to all of these at the same time. Thanks for the recs.
>>
File: coop thumbs up.jpg (42 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
coop thumbs up.jpg
42 KB, 620x372
>>64762974

Like, on top of each other?

Whatever floats your boat, my man.
>>
File: 1462928873463.png (567 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
1462928873463.png
567 KB, 525x700
>>64762974
Truly patrician. You are a hero to us all.
>>
File: spurdo.png (117 KB, 1024x749) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.png
117 KB, 1024x749
>>64763026

haha benis :DDDDDDD
>>
File: albert ayler.jpg (127 KB, 799x450) Image search: [Google]
albert ayler.jpg
127 KB, 799x450
[avant-garde honk]
>>
File: 2016-5.png (2 MB, 2320x1710) Image search: [Google]
2016-5.png
2 MB, 2320x1710
>>
Good Morning /daily/!

More Radiohead I guess.
>>64760594
>dogman I need your rec to finish up my tourney my guy.
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/charles_hayward/double_agent_s___live_in_japan_volume_two_/
>>
>>64763767
added!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks :333
>>
File: maycalender.png (858 KB, 2376x1836) Image search: [Google]
maycalender.png
858 KB, 2376x1836
calender- now pixelated as fuck edition
>>
>>64762331
Michael Snow, Asphixiation, Paul Bley, Dead Boys, Pop Group and CCC are all from my local record store. Some musician dropped off a bunch of rare improv-type stuff (Peter Cusack, Eugene Chadbourne, etc) and these were grabs from that collection.
The rest are typical stuff I explore, which I guess isn't that typical.

Fire of Love is absolutely top-tier shit!
>>
File: image.png (730 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
730 KB, 1334x750
Bad Company - Bad Company
Goddamn this was uninteresting. I had pretty low expectations for this album, but learning it was the first release on Swan Song Records temporarily bumped them up. Nope. Braindead lyrics, uninteresting playing... Title track is catchy but not worth the eye roll. I could give this a third listen to try to find something to praise (other than "they know how to play their instruments") but I don't care to make the effort. Doesn't cover any new territory. Rebellious only against creativity and depth. 1.5
>>
>>64763767
hey do you have a better download for that Charles Hayward? The SLSK one is gonna take 2+ hrs ig :/
>>
>>64764334
I'll up it in a sec
>>
>>64764339
ty, I just wanna get right into after I'm finished with this James Blake (spoilers: disappointed)
>>
File: download.jpg (3 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3 KB, 225x224
>Tfw helped a friend move the other day
>took all day, had good time, pizza and beers
>help her set up her brand new bed, among other things
>lay down momentarily to test it out
>wind up listening to pic related and cuddling with her in her incredibly cozy bed all night
>She says it's good music
Life is nice
>>
>>64764356
https://mega.nz/#!c5ZRlZrL!vPWNtjnd-LZyqv6Dn6GAKmFmU986aGKQCcTa94QKIu8
>>
>>64764412
That sounds sweet. Glad you had fun.
>>
>>64764428
thanks!! *pets*
>>
>>64763933
Accurate screw rating
I'm trying to get through as many of his mixtapes as I can to find all his best tracks, it's exhausting. 200+ tapes, each as long as a double album
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>64764280
Oops, this was me. Turned my trip off to go shitpost

Anyway, almost done with my April-June listening (note the Q2 mark up in the right column). Can I get a 101 about running a tourney, since I'll be 5 or 6 weeks ahead of schedule?
>>
>>64764571
Tourneys work here usually by accepting 16 participants, each of whom recommends an album (sometimes based on a given criteria). The participant who picked the record the tourney holder liked best carries on til it's done
And all you have to do is post the blank template and you'll get 20 replies of people reserving spots.
Also did you see my write up on that piece of music earlier today?
Also can I have a spot?
>>
File: 3103576.jpg (46 KB, 600x603) Image search: [Google]
3103576.jpg
46 KB, 600x603
yeah this is really good too btw. it's everything i like about EAI in one record.
second 9 this month damn.

>>64764571
me too i want a spot too
>>
>>64764718
Thanks! Note to self, Nyarlahoyep definitely gets a spot, but I'm going to wait a week to set it up.

And I'm glad you enjoyed the Gottschalk piece. I agree about the lack of combobulation, but the 13:00 mark section is my favorite part, so, shrug.
>>
>>64764780
Wew, note to self, don't say "tourney" until you're ready to take spots
GFR gets a spot
>>
File: 1458364222920.gif (1 MB, 234x233) Image search: [Google]
1458364222920.gif
1 MB, 234x233
>>64765123
>>
>>64764412
This is a cute story, I'm happy for you.
But sad at the same time since I know this will never happen to me.
But I'm kinda okay with that fact, so no worries.
Sorry for offtopic-posting.
>>
>>64764412
Adorable, congrats on such a good day
>>
>>64765123
(hey, give me a spot too :3)

>>64764412
>Nyar has a twee day
wew
>>
>>64765216
Hey man, as long as you're happy doing what you're doing, keep it up. You'll do well, anon
[Spoiler]daily goes off topic all the time it's all good mate[/Spoiler]
>>
>>64765374
Fish gets a spot

>:0 no more spots being given out at this time
>>
>>64765015
Yey

It was definitely the most interesting part of the piece! Maybe I'd like it better on its own, without the lengthy different atmosphere preceding it
>>64765213
I thought you were Drop for a moment when I saw that gif
>>
>>64765429
:3

>>64765417
[spoiler]If it is "on topic" for /daily/ to be "off topic" is /daily/ really ever "off topic?"[/spoiler]
>>
>>64765478
>[spoiler]If it is "on topic" for /daily/ to be "off topic" is /daily/ really ever "off topic?"[/spoiler]
You cracked the code
>>
>>64763933
can't wait for a disagreeable polly bradfield score.
>>
>>64765417
I'm giving my best to think that way, usually works
thanks for the heads up
>>
reviews comin up in a few prepare your recs
>>
>>64765468
it's a pretty good gif
>>64766272
OH BOY
>>
File: Tourney.png (4 MB, 1280x1284) Image search: [Google]
Tourney.png
4 MB, 1280x1284
Round 3: “Funny” Intro About How I’M FISH Has No Taste

Sarah
>Jack Rose – Kensington Blues
I don’t wanna keep giving her the wins, but she keps reccing good shit yo. In fact, she’s the only one left after this round who isn’t a /daily/ regular (other than FMD, who’s a friend). This is one of the best primitivism albums I’ve heard yet. Hear this if you haven’t yet
8.0+

Misha
>Dalek – Negro Necro Nekros
As usual, the beats and noise were much more interesting than MC Dalek’s lyricism/flow, but this time the gap was much wider. The dude brought practically nothing to the table, despite how interesting the abstract music in the back was.
5.5+

Nyar
>Man Man – The Man in a Blue Turban With a Face
These guys have a lot of elements I like, the punk influence, the lush instrumentals, the experimental elements, the crescendos, but for some reason I wasn’t huge on this. Maybe it was execution, maybe it was how similar every track was, but this was not really my thing.
4.5+

Kevorkian
>The Magnolia Electric Co. – s/t
One of my new favorite alt-country albums. The variation in voices/songwriting makes it almost seem like a comp in parts. Pretty full-sounding for an album so seemly barebones.
7.5+

Eruditey
> Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Free For All
God. Damn. Heavenly shit. Sone of the best jazz albums I’ve ever heard. The whole thing was so instantly satisfying. I knew first listen that this would be a new fav. Thanks Roody!
9.5-

Triangle
>V/A – Psychegaelic: French Freakbeat
Not sure if I really disliked or was just bored by this boot comp. Basically a comp of Psych-y Garage and every other artist sounds the same. Not many of the songs stood out as engaging or original other than a few tracks like “Exister” or “Leon’s Blues.”
4.5-
>>
>>64766272
most exciting part of the day
you host the best tourneys FISH
>>
File: 1461302207464.png (171 KB, 549x413) Image search: [Google]
1461302207464.png
171 KB, 549x413
>>64766493

Backlog
>James Blake – The Colour in Anything
So is this dude done making interesting music? His s/t was one of the most original R&B albums I’ve ever heard. This is just like the rest, just with more UK influence. Elements like the autotune seem to be just a stylistic choice rather than a chilling songwriting element. Wish I could love this like some others claim to.
3.5-

Yamir
>Daniel bachman - orange co serenade
Enjoyed this, albeit less than the other primitivism albums on this chart. Wew short reviews.
7.0+

GFR
>Battles – B EP
SZ2 is maybe the best Battles track I’ve ever heard? Other than that, this was some pretty pretty boring post-rock/drone. I’m not huge on math rock, but these guys make it interesting for me with their colorful sound and building crescendos. Needed more tracks like the first one.
4.0-

Moregwessor Movenglut
>Charles Mingus – Blues & Roots
One of Mingus’ best. “Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting” gave me spiritual feelings and “Moanin’” made me do just that.
8.5-

Torts
>Baaba Maal & Mansour Seck – Djam Leelii
Very obviously-African music, seeming to be very western-influenced. A lot more fun than I expected, actually.
6.0+

Green Lamp
> Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third
Some modern prog that didn’t make me want to tear my balls off! As much as I really enjoyed the first two tracks, it’s sort of downhill from there. The instrumentation gets slightly less interesting/unique and I’m pretty sure there was some lyrical concept (it is prog afterall) but The lyrics were so silly sometimes it was hard to stay interested in it.
wew
5.5+
>>
File: 1447820931809.png (254 KB, 600x435) Image search: [Google]
1447820931809.png
254 KB, 600x435
>>64766516

Anonymousé
>Kinshi Tsuruta / Katsuya Yokoyama - Japon - Musique Millénaire
>That feel when you’re the first person on RYM to rate something and you didn’t really like it so now it has a shit rating.
It hurts.
3.5+

Tripfriend OTS
>Robbie Basho – Visions of the Country
“American Primitivism can have vocals??” –Me, an ignorant shitman. Right after I heard Kensington Blues this came on. Of course I have to bring up Fahey, but this is definitely from the Folk aspect of this genre, rather than the blues-y part. Oh, and it’s pretty damn good.
8.5-

Filthy McRottenDude
>The Microphones – Live in Japan
Forgot several times that this was live. The best kind of live albums. Longer songs were spooky and ethereal, but had a few “live quirks” to it, like the few minute long songs that weren’t interesting at all, honestly.
6.0-

Dogwanderer
>Double Agent(s) (Live in Japan Volume Two)
Two “Live in Japan” albums right next to each other. How about that?? The first track’s improve reminded me of Keiji Haino a lot (and not just because it was in Japan). The improve here is fucking great all around, diverse, interesting, and Nice Drums™ How can I not love this?
9.0-

GFR had 3 spots and still lost. Everyone look. Everyone laugh. Ha. Ha. Ha. Kev you’ve like never recced me something bad so you better beat Sarah because it would be so dumb if a non-/dailien/ won. Especially since Triangle is just gonna use her spot to rec his own shit since he lost this round.

Also I'm glad "Backlog" finally lost. Jesus what a stupid idea.

>>64766504
:D

sorry you lost tho

D:
>>
>>64766493
>4.5
nvm you are the worst tourney host >:(
>>
>>64766553
DDDDDDDDD:
>>
>>64766493
fuq.
well, at least i lost to a 8.5.
>>
ANYWAYS

I need recs from

Torts
Dogwanderer
Kevorkian
Yamir

Best of luck :D

>>64766585
If it means anything, SZ2 is one of my new fav jams
>>
>>64766543
>GFR had 3 spots and still lost. Everyone look. Everyone laugh. Ha. Ha. Ha.
rude.
and one of those was a joke one for my mom.
and you have bad taste.
(not true desu)
>>
>>64766611
>I'M FISH
>Not bad taste
oh boy

>>64766666
>>
>>64766655
frick

at least I got dubs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>64766655
>>64766677
aye

we dem guys
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.