[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that the two best songs on this (Ful Stop, Identikit)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: cover.jpg (843 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
843 KB, 1400x1400
Reminder that the two best songs on this (Ful Stop, Identikit) are actually from The King of Limbs period (starting with These Are My Twisted Words and culminating in The Daily Mail/Staircase).

Are people going to start realising TKOL is their best album yet?
>>
are actually just a continuation of The King of Limbs period**

Yes, I know they were first performed after The Daily Mail was released.
>>
File: 234523532234.jpg (22 KB, 499x430) Image search: [Google]
234523532234.jpg
22 KB, 499x430
>TKOL's best songs were on a different album
>this makes TKOL the best album
???
>>
>>64744027
No, that's not the logic at all. The logic is that even the lowbrows here are saying that Ful Stop and Identikit are the best songs on AMSP, while they are actually more reminiscent of TKOL period than anything else, and should be seen as the final release related to those sessions. Radiohead's best songs are actually Feral and These Are My Twisted Words.
>>
shaddap biotroll
>>
And True Love Waits is from The Bends period
>>
>>64744027
/thread
>>
>>64744005
Radiohead always does stuff like this.

You know that Burn the Witch was originally written during the sessions for Kid A, right?
>>
Yes, and one of the best songs on In Rainbows (Nude) was written for Ok Computer originally.
>>
>>64744005
That's like saying Nude isn't one of the best songs on In Rainbows because it was written during the OK Computer era.
>>
i dont get the hype for ful stop and i think identikit's only good part is its chorus
>>
People are just starting to realise saying TKOL is the best Radiohead album gives you internet cred in """""""""""""""""""patrician"""""""""""""""""""" scenes like /daily/ and /rym/
>>
This album might as well be TKOL Part 2.
50% of TKOL was incredible top shelf material, and same goes for AMSP.

There's a lot of ho-hum stuff on Kid A and Amnesiac too but then you have How to Disappear, Idioteque, Life in a Glass House, Pyramid Song, Knives Out etc.

They have yet to release a perfect album because even OK Computer has Fitter Happier getting in the way of the good stuff.

Daydreaming #1 on AMSP btw
>>
But anon... the bes song is the present tense
>>
>>64744218
I thin they fucked up the chorus, the live version was better in my h opinion
>>
>>64744147
Burn the witch is from httt era
>>
>>64744976
Deaf... Dumb and Blind
*heavenly guitar/choir/pad shit pops in*
>>
good thread
>>
You gotta be dumbest motherfucker that has ever posted in this board.
>>
>>64745024
Yeah, verses on the album are a step higher, while the chorus stays the same pitch
Really loses the effectiveness of the closing imo
>>
but Identikit is by far the worst song on this album
>>
>>64745058

There's actually a Mellotron in there. First time they've used it since OK Computer AFAIK (Exit Music, Lucky). It's using strings tapes instead of the choir ones used for those songs, though. The choir in PT is an actual choir.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.