[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
correct me if i'm wrong /mu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: dvfasg.png (110 KB, 993x695) Image search: [Google]
dvfasg.png
110 KB, 993x695
name a more consistently solid musical act
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 640x1136
literally /thread
>>
With the exception of one album I love which somehow got 3.10-3.15, 3.6 has been the practical cut-off of album noteworthiness for me. Don't get me wrong, a lot of RYM 4+'s is bad, but nothing below 3.6 tends to be really interesting either.
>>
neurosis
>>
>>64743997
>but nothing below 3.6 tends to be really interesting either.
That is really sad. You are a drone if you actually believe this
>>
>>64743946
Bach. I don't know any other musical artist with such a lenghty as well as prolific career which stayed so consistently good.
>>
>>64744009
I said 'practical'. I don't prejudge albums based on rating, I just state the empirical threshold of liking an album, which for better or worse turned out to be that.
>>
>>64743978
hahahahahahaha

My mom stopped grounding me when I moved out.
>>
>>64744009
he's baiting. RYM has really bad taste actually
>>
>>64743997
Your newfagness is showing, really badly.
>>
>>64744168
I suppose so. I just counted the RYM all-time top 100 albums I've heard. Two and a half.
>>
My Bloody Valentine
>>
>>64744178
That's actually a good thing

skip mu-core, it's unremarkable and prevents you from actually expanding your taste
>>
>>64743978
m8...

Swans is my favorite band but this is just false.
>>
>>64744229
No, it's a horrible thing. If you think the avant-wank with less than 10 ratings is better than the all-time most revered albums then...

shit i fell for the b8 desu
>>
>>64743946

>the orb

How embarrassing for you.
>>
>>64744178
>>64744229
>>64744259
I dunno if this is actually b8 but I've been here four years and I've listened to less than like, half of the /mu/core in the interest of other genres.
>>
>>64744086
true. i find that non-rock releases with a score in the high 2s are usually pretty good
>>
>>64744259
i'm not baiting though

there are many reasons why it's clear that the most revered albums aren't necessarily the best of the best, but I really don't want to take the time to write it all out
>>
>>64744229
I suppose so as well. I've sampled at least a dozen of that top 100 but closed it. I'm extremely picky regarding what gets to stay on my player. I so far only considered looking into three artists' (nearly) whole discography: Gentle Giant, Kayo Dot, and Miriodor.
>>
>>64744281
nice bait
>>
>>64744283
Would you believe that you could listen to to the /mu/core albums and also branch out and expand/develop your personal tastes. /mu/core is a jumping off point not a do all end all
>>
>>64744321
Why? They are the best albums of all time.
>>
>>64744321
I mean, yeah. I've just never felt particularly interested in doing so.
There's a lot of shit that I can tell at face value that I just won't like.
>>
>>64744319

>unironically likes the orb
>unironically believes they are the """most consistently solid musical act"""
>le bait le meme
>beige, useless taste in music
>probably a beige, useless person

I can smell your neurodevelopmental disorder from here. Stop pretending to enjoy music.
>>
>>64744382
>Stop pretending to enjoy music.

Ah, a /bleep/ chav. Don't you have a Tesco metro to stand outside with your hands down your trackies?
>>
>>64744382
how did you manage to take OP this seriously? it's pretty clear that he was somewhat baiting
>>
>>
>>64744421
>the orb
>good
dont need to be from bleep tbqh familia
t. different
>>
Best place to start with The Orb? Heard an album of theirs a while ago that I really enjoyed, but unhelpfully I can't remember which one it was or what it even sounded like. Suggestions, /mu/?
>>
>>64744463
>t. different
and that's why the poster count didn't change when you said this, yeah?
>>
>>64744421

You're a fucking spastic.

>>64744441

Every orb fan I've met irl has been a dead-eyed, listless mong-type. took him at face value.
>>
>>64744468
You can just start from the beginning with The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld.

Or if you want to ease in with something newew (Adventures might sound a bit dated depending on who you are), try Moonbuilding 2703 AD. It's just as good in my opinion. All of their albums are somewhat different so if one doesn't work for you, then another might.
>>
>>64744516
>Every orb fan I've met irl has been a dead-eyed, listless mong-type. took him at face value.
Ok, and? Stop making such gross assumptions and your life will be so much more pleasant I guarantee you
>>
>>64744450
amnesiac only a 3.85 s m h
>>
i love the orb but sonic youth might be more solid overall
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-10-11-49-59.png (113 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-10-11-49-59.png
113 KB, 480x854
>>
>>64744584

Fuck off. You like the orb. You have no say.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.