[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Float On by Modest Mouse make me cry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 200.gif (1 MB, 367x200) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
1 MB, 367x200
Why does Float On by Modest Mouse make me cry?
>>
do you exclusively listen to it while your boyfriend is buttslamming you or something?
>>
>>64741792
Because you're a pleb
>>
>>64741855
Ew no, just when I'm sucking his cock
>>
>>64741792
because a fat heroin addict with a lisp is telling you to keep your head up, even though you're going through some emotionally challenging times right now. You feel like you needed someone to tell you it's okay
>>
>>64741875
oh haha my bad, i thought you might be a fag or something
>>
how was your 2004?
>>
>>64741999
checked
>>
Because, as seemingly positive and bittersweet the song is, it isn't about assurance that things will be alright. It is about longing for things to be alright, even though things are shit and the struggle itself is futile.

Because being blessed with the capacity to contemplate this futility means having to construct a concept that eases our emotional turmoil, despite the odds: this thing called "hope" or "faith." Be it religious or not, these things allow us to temporarily ignore our reason which only sees the world as it really is.

Although the semblance of inner harmony and peace is fleeting, and in some cases a falsehood, it is worth pursuing because we need a reason to get out of bed in the morning. And try again.
>>
>>64742848
i bet you were real proud of that before you hit submit
>>
>>64741792
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnMALbVHeTU

And we'll all float on OKAnd we'll all float on OKAnd we'll all float on OKAnd we'll all float on OKAnd we'll all float on OKAnd we'll all float on OK
>>
>>64742938
>i bet you were real proud of that before you hit submit
>>
>>64742848
>>64742938
>>64742968
>>>i bet you were real proud of that before you hit submit
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.