[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album is fucking great and anyone who says otherwise is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: LemonadeBey.jpg (131 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
LemonadeBey.jpg
131 KB, 600x600
This album is fucking great and anyone who says otherwise is fucking lying or hasn't heard it. I say this as someone who's been annoyed as shit at her deification.
>>
>>64738733
It's mom-pop.
>>
YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASS QUEEN SLAY
>>
I never cared for Beyoncé. First listen, this album had some hits, some ok, some boring. Second time, some songs like Pray You Catch Me, Forward, Daddy Lessons, 6 Inch started growing on me. Third, I realized how listenable and enjoyable every song is.
I feel like a lot of people's opinions on the album are influenced by the fact that it's Beyoncé. People go into it with preconceived notions without giving it a proper listens.
I mean the lyrics, the variety, but cohesiveness of this album. It's not perfect, but not far.
Some songs, like You Hurt Yourself but not only, she throws in raw emotion lyrically and by delivery.
But as Beyoncé, many listeners are just going to tune it out and just hear, to them, an angry black woman stereotype even though it's supposedly different when a male rapper doing the same. Even when he's shitty.
>>
>>64738887
And I mean the racists and repressed racists are just going to outright hate this album and make up reasons
>>
Granted, I don't really give damn about lyrics, so I'm not evaluating it on that front at all. But it objectively significantly more well-composed & takes more risks than most pop albums out today. It's a real step forward for Top 40, which gets better every year, imo. It was inevitable that Blake-type dubstep would be absorbed fully into the mainstream. I'm glad it's turned out well so far.
>>
>>64738887
I feel like many don't hear the lyrics, just hear the voice saying the words
>>
>>64738987
>if you don't like my shitty music you're a racist
Is this a dank new meme
>>
>>64739071
why is it shitty
>>
Will Jay's album be good, though.
>>
>>64738768
couldn't think of a better word for it
>>
>>64739097
Because Beyonce is a black woman who don't need no man and it boils my pure aryan blood.
>>
>>64739071
I was in fact implying racists wouldn't like black music, but I don't feel that's a stretch>>64739097
>>
>>64739071
it's a /pol/ psy-op designed to make you into a racist. disregard this meme
>>
>>64739255
>black music
Wow that's pretty racist of you. We're all one race of people, man. Stop trying to divide us with your racist pseudoscience bullshit.
>>
>>64739339
pls no strawman
>>
>>64739339
But this album embodies attitudes and ideas of a black person in America?
Did you listen to Formation? Or this album!
>>
Overproduced melodrama for YAAASSSS QUEEEN black twitter children. Pass.
>>
>>64739120
Funny thing, I read an article talking it being a storyline not necessarily reflective of Beyoncé or Jay-Z's indiscretion. I think it's more of an album from a black woman who has to deal with societies injustice against being black, a woman, and being a black woman. They face a lot in just two separate categories, but even within their own race as a woman. I mean shit, all the black dudes who leave a black girl for some "Becky with the good hair"
It covers a lot that truly, from experience, only a black woman can relate to and feel.
>>
>>64739120
history says no
>>
>>64739339
hello reddít, this place isn't your safespace.
>>
>>64739637
Sounds about right.

>>64739688
:(
>>
>>64739637
Lemonade is a slickly produced multimedia commodity. the alleged tabloid relationship drama and much-touted, though dubious, social relevance are merely part of its brilliant marketing strategy
>>
>>64740481

This but also this:

>>64739005

It's not Thriller and not a Thriller moment but it's well-produced and well-memed by people who know what they're doing, chief among them Jay and Bey. People seem to forget just how much time those two have put in at and on the festival circuit the last few years. They know what's happening in the culture, they know what's up.
>>
>>64738733
I agree OP, for her entire career she's annoyed the shit out of me and I've despised her, but this is a great fucking album. I love classic soul, and that comes through in this so strongly I can't ignore it. For me, the only album I can put above it this year is the new Big Ups, because that's what I'm into... noisy, stripped down punk and jazz. But as much as this is out of that element, it's just a fantastic album.
>>
>The album title was inspired by Beyoncé's grandmother Agnéz Deréon, as well as her husband Jay Z's grandmother, Hattie White. At the end of track "Freedom", Hattie White is heard speaking to a crowd at her 90th birthday party in April 2015. During the speech, Hattie says "I had my ups and downs, but I always found the inner strength to pull myself up. I was served lemons, but I made lemonade."[11]

tfw the album title comes from a meme...
>>
>>64741170
> calling old sayings "memes"
I fucking hate you
>>
>>64738733
It's generic trash
>>
>>64741180

Which songs are the worst and why?
>>
>grew up in a time when Destiny's Child was insanely popular
>father/manager made sure Beyoncé got the spotlight in everything the girls did
>always got the impression she was just a talented singer and dancer who shaked her goods while performing sometimes more sometimes less catchy pop songs
>fast forward to 2016
>Beyoncé has turned into soul sister #1 and the personification of the sassy black lady
>people even call her "Queen B" unironically and act like Lemonade will end racism
Did something happen while I wasn't looking?

Lemonade may or may not be a great album, but I will never find out because the entire circus around it annoys me.

You can make a great pop record despite it being designed by committee, that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is the marketing stench that hovers over it. People are being told that by buying this album, they make a statement against racism, against sexism, etc. I'm not buying it. Not at all.
>>
>>64741294
she still shake her goodies tho
>>
>>64741331
I can get behind that. In fact, I'd prefer it to pretending her work is more substantial than it actually is.
>>
>>64741243
You're implying I could differentiate between any of the tracks apart from "'muh country roots" song
>>
>>64738887
Was this the first R&B album you liked?
>>
>>64741294
Are you trying to imply that Beyoncé, due to her lavish and privileged upbringing, don't know about "the struggle"? You racist!
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.