[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will this go down as a chamber pop essential?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: a moon shaped pool.jpg (140 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
a moon shaped pool.jpg
140 KB, 640x640
Will this go down as a chamber pop essential?
>>
chamber pop is not a real genre

it's just a jazz fusion album you hipsters
>>
>>64738616

lmao it really is not tho
>>
>>64738640
>jazz fusion
nigger what
>>
>>64738616
No. This album doesn't stick to that sound or any sound in particular long enough for it to be conveniently labeled in any specific way other than a Radiohead album.
>>
coldplay rip-off essential
>>
>>64740054
>implying Coldplay even compares to radio head
>implying that Coldplay did it first
Pleb overload
>>
File: Picture-33.png (247 KB, 585x400) Image search: [Google]
Picture-33.png
247 KB, 585x400
>YOU REALLY MESSED UP EVERYTHING

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>64740242

poluting and global warming and all that
>>
File: vlv.jpg (124 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
vlv.jpg
124 KB, 600x600
How does it stack up against the GOAT?
>>
>>64738640
How could you possibly be stupid enough to call this album jazz fusion
>>
>>64740533
S T O P
>>
>>64740032
Huh. Feels like Radiohead's most consistent album since The Bends to me.
>>
>>64738640
>jazz fusion
Have you ever heard any jazz fusion in your life and how does this sound at all like it
>>
>>64740577
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKlpMxBX-jk
>>
I've never really been into Radiohead but I love chamber pop and from the few songs I've heard this shit sounds pretty good. Need to give it a proper listen.
>>
>>64740597

Dude, what. I love me some AMSP but it moves between styles like crazy. Aside from the general tendency to marry classical and electronic arrangements to dreamlike effect, the most stylistic consistency this album has is that it has 2 folksy tunes with Desert Island Disk and The Numbers. The rest of the album feels so one-shot in nature that even Hail To The Thief arguably has more stylistic cohesion.
>>
>>64740724
No it flows pretty excellently. Hail to the Thief flows better than 90 % of this board will tell you, and this flows much better than that.
>>
>>64738616
Also, this is a post rock album.
>>
>>64740735

Flow is one thing and I do think the album maintains a consistent atmosphere, but in terms of genre and stylization it's pretty diverse. As for HTTT, it's actually my favorite album of theirs and just like AMSP, it definitely maintains a fantastic atmosphere from start to finish but that doesn't stop it from basically being a sampler of all of Radiohead's eras.
>>
The Present Tense >>>>>

Can't believe I saw so many ppl calling it one of the weakest...
>>
>>64740757

The only track on here I'd readily call post-rock is Ful Stop, MAYBE Daydreaming.
>>
>>64740533
This is a legitimately great album fuck off
>>
>>64740810
Parachutes is objectively GOAT Coldplay
>>
>>64740757
It's as post-rock as it can't get.
>>
>>64740821
Prove it retarded faggot
>>
Does Ful Stop sound like "And It Rained All Night" from The Eraser to anyone else?
>>
why is this so boring?
>>
>>64740851

Because it largely eschews conventional hooks and tight performances for a more ambient and dreamy vibe. A lot of the intrigue for me comes from the sheer layers of instrumentation more than the song structures themselves.
>>
>>64740851
Maybe because they're going more for an atmosphere than trying to experiment? For me, it might be their best release.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-10-10-11-53.png (27 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-10-10-11-53.png
27 KB, 440x330
Is this accurate /mu/?
>>
>>64740950

The psych folk bit I can kinda understand with Desert Island Disk and The Numbers. Art rock is kind of a vague, catch-all term so I can't really disagree but it's not exactly informative either.
>>
>>64740950
Psych folk maybe. There is barely any rock on this with exception to Identikit and Ful Stop
>>
>>64738640
>chamber pop is not a real genre
>he hasn't heard Veckatimest
>>
>>64738616

>experimental rock
>art pop
>indie
>electronic rock
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.