[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many more years till people finally come to their senses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: TKoL.png (119 KB, 201x204) Image search: [Google]
TKoL.png
119 KB, 201x204
How many more years till people finally come to their senses and realize this is Radiohead's magnum opus?
>>
>>64737222
It's fucking not so no one will ever come to that realization.

I need to relisten to their discog but I've always been a pretty big fan of Kid A and Amnesiac.
>>
How many more years till you finally come to your senses and realize this is a middle of the pack average Radiohead showing?
>>
>its been 5 years and people are still trying push this meme

TKOL is great yes but it does not compare to Ok Computer, Kid A, In Rainbows and now A Moon Shaped Pool
>>
File: Isaac_scribble.png (3 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
Isaac_scribble.png
3 KB, 175x175
I remember listening to this album for the first time and it went like this:

>NEW RADIOHEAD OMG
>OMG
>TODAY NEW RADIOHEAD PLAY PLAY PLAY
>song 1 plays
>ok, yeah
>song 2 plays
>I go to next track
>next track
>keep clicking
>ok. yeah, well,.....ok
>next track
>....................
>I'm back at the beginning
>wait what was that? was that an album? a radiohead album? but where is everything?
>it wasn't a mistake, it was all there
>but it wasn't
>lay down and stare at ceiling blankly
>hm yeah
>............
>realization I had waited 4 years for what I just listened to
>realized I had another 4-5 before another would arrive
>take off headphones and sob softly
>>
Their weakest album next to Pablo Honey.
>>
>>64737259
>>64737304
>>64737554
plebs
>>64737406
I respect ur opinion
>>
>>64737626
it's mediocre at best my friend. They have way better albums. Sorry you're going to call anyone who disagrees with your label of "magnum opus" as a pleb because of your own pleb status.
>>
>>64737222
I'm still waiting for people to realize Amnesiac is their magnum opus
>>
>>64737554
huh funny I just did the same thing for this one.
>>
>>64737859
most people already have come to that conclusion. although. that or OKC. or Kid A. or In Rainbows.
>>
Reckoner
>>
>>64737975
>>64737554
both are great friends
>>
>>64737222
A magnum opus it is not but it's still a great and generally underrated album.

I still say that had the band waited and included The Daily Mail and Supercollider it would have been much more well received. Even Staircase would have been a good fit.
>>
It's a good album but in a lot of ways it just sounds like an average Krautrock jam session. Not very high praise if it's representative of their "magnum opus".
>>
Their magnum opus is very obviously either OK Computer or Kid A. Amnesiac, In Rainbows, King of Limbs, and Moon Shaped Pool are all second tier. Hail to the Thief (sorry guys it's just not as strong as the rest) and The Bends are third tier and Pablo Honey obviously comes dead last.
>>
>>64739681
There's no way that TKOL is better than HTTT
>>
>>64739979

I'm a HTTTfag but I can see how someone could come to that conclusion. That album's lack of a cohesive tracklist makes it come off as a bit of a mess. TKOL absolutely does not have that problem - it's brief and a bit oddball but it does sound cohesive from start to finish. At that point, it's all about being impressed by TKOL's attempts at experimentation and I could see it surpassing HTTT for some people.
>>
In Rainbows is their best but Kid A is their most defining. OK Computer, Amnesiac, and Hail to the Thief are all about equally good. The King of Limbs is really good, but isn't as important to their discography. The Bends is top tier 90s alternative, but is too different to compare to the rest of their discography. A Moon Shaped Pool is nice but honestly doesn't add up to much. Pablo Honey is kind of shit even when not compared to the rest of their work.
>>
You can't fully appreciate TKOL without listening to the live versions first
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2084nQbmvk
>>
>>64740099
So if I have to rank them it's In Rainbows > Kid A > The Bends > OK Computer = Amnesiac = Hail to the Thief > The King of Limbs > A Moon Shaped Pool >>> Pablo Honey
>>
OK Computer is their most defining album
Kid A is their masterpiece
>>
Kid A > In Rainbows = OK Computer = Amnesiac > A Moon Shaped Pool > Hail To The Theif > The Bends >The King of Limbs > Pablo Honey
>>
Kid A > OK Computer > A Moon Shaped Pool = Amnesiac > In Rainbows > King of Limbs > HTTT > The Bends > Pablo Honey
>>
HTTT > Kid A > AMSP = OKC > Amnesiac = IR > Bends > TKOL > PH
>>
Wow it didn't take long for this to degenerate into a Radiohead albums ranking thread.
>>
>>64737222
Because they released their magnum opus two days ago.
>>
Kid A = OKC > In Rainbows > Amnesiac > AMSP > The Bends > HTTT > TKOL > TLOP
>>
I don't know about magnum opus but its pretty great and I don't think it gets the credit it deserves.
>>
>>64740334

Only took 2 and a half hours.
>>
>>64737222

it has really interesting rhythms and anti rhythms or whatever, first song is really good.

but for some reason that type of music just isnt that great. doest last with repeated listening. and also takes time to get into , so you just have a small window interval when its good before you just get bored.

i guess its the first album which has this kind of music and the last
>>
>>64739322
Definetly agree with this.
It was a Radiohead album without any (for use of a better term) 'bangers' on it. I guess that's why people draw relations to Amnesiac, but TKOL doesn't have anything like Living In A Glass House.

It's not that TKOL is bad, it is good, just a little disappointing for a band with such grand releases.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.