[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Residents appreciation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Residents-Eskimo.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Residents-Eskimo.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
Can we talk about this amazing band for a bit?
>>
EASTER WOMAN CAME TODAY
>>
I think they're touring right now for something I dunno
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_mMKy_Bhnk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhGRNyLxwY8
>>
Who /shadowland/ here? I saw them in CT last month and they were fucking great.
>>
I appreciate the Residents.
>>
I've recently been getting really into Mark Of The Mole, back in the day I checked it out but I didn't like it at all, now I think it's probably one of their best works
>that feel when you will never see the mole tour
>>
God in Three Persons is one of the greatest albums i've ever listened to
>>
>>64735137
AND TOOK AWAY MY WIFE
>>
File: randy.jpg (75 KB, 630x330) Image search: [Google]
randy.jpg
75 KB, 630x330
>that feel when they're not even trying to hide it anymore
>>
>>64735381
To be fair, ever since the early 80s it has been pretty obvious that Homer is the leader of The Residents.
>>
>>64735627
yeah, but it used to require a fair bit of interest to realize, now it's completely out in the open
>>
i got a hole lotta dick
>>
>>64735671
I don't think it really matters to much anymore, it's always been less about the people behind/are the Residents and more about the work they produce
>>
what is everyones favorite later-era album? demon dance alone is fucking brilliant. it legit sounds like leonard cohen

>>64735381
It's kinda lame how they broke kayfabe but it doesn't really bother me
>>
>>64735859
that's what I think is the problem though, it seems now that they (or at least Homer) wants to reveal himself, as opposed to just making the art and letting that be it
>>
>>64735899
wormwood and gingerbread man are fucking great. i realize now that the only post-2000s residents albums i have are demons dance alone and tweedles.
>>
>>64735981
wormwood is one of their best in my opinion
>>
>>64735981
gingerbread man made me depressed for a week

Listen to the bunny boy its like an updated commercial album that's a bit more proggy
>>
File: tweed500.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tweed500.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
benis
>>
I wish they would cut the shit and tell us their actual life story.

Just so we know what the hell "Not Available" was about.
>>
>>64736085
it's better not knowing, because it's not going to be anywhere as interesting as we think it is
>>
File: media burn 1975.jpg (117 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
media burn 1975.jpg
117 KB, 600x401
>>64736133
I actually found one third-party source on the band: in 1975, when the Frisco avant-garde group Ant Farm did a publicity stunt involving blowing up TVs, Homer Flynn and Hardy Fox dressed up like CIA agents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXY6ocvaZyE

Now I'd just like to know what else they were involved with.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.