[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
metallica's best album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: metallicaalbumcover.jpg (19 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
metallicaalbumcover.jpg
19 KB, 600x600
when did you realise this was their best work?
>>
>>64735072
It's not though, it's a thrash metal band selling out and writing the same arena rock they bitched about when they started
>>
when trump gets elected
>>
>>64735476
Once you realize thrash is garbage you actually appreciate this album. The attention to sound quality, clean vocals, drums, well everything. Listen to it on 45RPM vinyl and its amazing. Just because something is different doesn't mean it's bad.
>>
File: Metallica - Kill 'Em All.jpg (37 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
Metallica - Kill 'Em All.jpg
37 KB, 500x485
You mean this, right OP
>>
>>64735948
>The attention to sound quality, clean vocals, drums, well everything

the bass is fucking buried in the mix. nice one metallica!
>>
>>64736028
>complaining about the mix on one of the best mixed metal albums of all time

nice one anon
>>
>>64736028
No, you mean And Justice For All, you're getting albums mixed up
>>
>>64736138
>best mixed metal albums

youve got a problem there buddy. an album is an album. calling it a "metal album", with its own set of rules, is an arbitrary distinction.

the bass is buried, because they didnt want anyone to fill cliffs place.

>>64736201
>you're getting albums mixed up

and justice literally has no bass. st has very little bass presence.
>>
>>64736367
Fuck bass
>>
>>64736393

bass is boss. guitars are for fagets.
>>
>>64736028
I can listen to it on youtube on 144p quality and still hear the bass.
>>
>>64735072

this was the first cassette i ever bought
>>
File: Front.jpg (238 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
238 KB, 720x720
>>64735476
>the same arena rock they bitched about when they started
It's poppier than their 80s masterpieces but I wouldn't quite go that far, Enter Sandman is fucking bullshit but then you have Through the Never, The God That Failed, My Friend of Misery, and a few other genuinely solid heavy metal tracks. Not thrash, just good old fashioned metal.

However, the best "black album" by any thrash band was The Ritual by Testament, with Countdown to Extinction by Megadeth in second place.
>>
>>64735072
But that's their worst album though.
>>
when i was an edgy pre-teen
first 2 are GOAT in hair metal terms
>>
>>64735476
This

>>64735072
>>64735497
Go to Hell

Master of Puppets >= Ride the Lightning > Kill em All > And Justice for All > Black Album > Who Cares

That is the only correct ranking

Not sure why people talk about Metallica when Megadeth, Slayer, Coroner and Kreator all blow them out of the water.
>>
>>64735497
Sorry. Meant to tell >>64735948 to got to hell
>>
I had to buy the Japanese import because their cover of So What by The Anti Nowhere League wasn't on the U.S. version.
>>
>>64736974
Youthanasia is a good album too. Blood of Heroes is definitely a great track. Also train of consequences and addicted to chaos.
>>
>>64738166
Mah nigga. Youthanasia is painfully underrated. Killing Road is a great song too.
>>
>>64738313
Also the title track is fantastic. Killing Road is also good. Def underrated offering.
>>
>>64738393
My only problem with Youthanasia is that I can't stand Reckoning Day and Addicted to Chaos. I skip them everytime lol. Countdown to Extinction has bigger hits but is a weaker album overall imo
>>
>>64735964

Yes
>>
>>64738442
Reckoning day isnt such a bad song. In my opinion it has a neat opening riff definitely sounds angry and aggresive for the tempo(which isnt a fast tempo). I have good memories in middle school of Addicted to Chaos so im biased. Sure it is a more pop song but I dig it.

Countdown had sweating bullets and that song is a little boring. However the title track countdown is great and so is psychotron. Symphony of Destruction was my first Megadeth song.
>>
>>64736746
this was the first cd i ever bought
>>
let's just sum this up, the 5 first metallica albums are good and the rest of them are shit
>>
>>64740060
The first four Metallica albums are good and the rest are shit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.