[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I simply adore this album, thoughts inside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: Neutral_Milk_Hotel_15685.jpg (617 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Neutral_Milk_Hotel_15685.jpg
617 KB, 1280x720
>What a beautiful face I have found in this place...

Never have I heard lyrics this sublime. Hello. I just gave this album a listen for the first time and--I am simply blown away. I am god damned blown away by the sheer awesomeness of this album.

I'm only just now getting into the post-rock scene, but the Aeroplane Over The Sea might... kind of be... the greatest album ever made?

>The only girl I've ever loved was born with roses in her eyes

Sometimes, when you are at the end of your rope, it's time to look back in time to the story of Anne Frank. Brings a tear to your *eyes,* no?

>Now wings and rings and there's so many waiting here for you

Majestic beauty. I know that one day I will lose my virginity to this song. I know that sounds very silly, but the raw passion, bordering on the, dare I say, sexual, per se, energy exploding out of Jeff Mangum's throat.

>Into a hole where no one can escape *ee dee...

The energy here is like a power plant that generates beautiful impactful music. That's the big deal problem about classical music, is that it's all just safe, bullshit melodies plinking around the scales. Meanwhile, artists sing from the heart.

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea is the greatest album of all time. 10/10, A+, whatever you want to call it--this is an indispensable part of any music collection--a bucket list record.
>>
>>64733496
8/8 b8
>>
>>64733496
its p good anon
>>
Wow, you have a lot to learn newfag. Aeroplane isn't post-rock.
>>
File: jeff_portrait_lg.jpg (857 KB, 1800x1781) Image search: [Google]
jeff_portrait_lg.jpg
857 KB, 1800x1781
>>64733635
I do believe it is post rock in that it "transcands" traditional rock and roll music, no?
>>
>>64733657
>transcands
>rock and roll
I can't tell if you're 8 or 60.
>>
>>64733657
kek'd
>>
>>64733695
Did I mess that up?
It is Rock N' Roll?

Either way, it does not distract from the qualityh of the album in question, you fucking lunatic
>>
>>64733758
It's indie rock and lo-fi, it has nothing to do with 'rock n roll'. Like what the fuck are you on about, how did you even discover this album???
>>
File: 12 sw kidie pool.jpg (136 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
12 sw kidie pool.jpg
136 KB, 1024x683
>>64733600
I absolutely agree to the serenity of the music.
Jeff Mangum's voice takes me away to a place I can't get back from and I get lost

just really really lost

quite often if you think about it

I just think I want to be that comet. I deserve to be that comet. I will be that's comet's flame.
>>
>>64733496
JEEEEESUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST
>>
>>64733864
I love you yes I do!
>>
>>64733822
Hey, you only have to post a photo for the first post in the thread.
>>
>>64733804
I'm sorry but this Low Fi (a stand in for low fidelity) really just means that the sound quality is intentionally shitty like...

Well nails on a chalkboard. When your teacher is up there and starts scraping her nails on there and you just can't fucking stand it holy fucking shit.

Hah, sorry, for the rant there.

I just figured that this album is my portal into another dimension. A diomension where sound rules supreme.

Where the sonic harmonics join together in blissful, epic, transcending blissful, harmonic bliss.
>>
>>64733929
>Nails on a chalkboard
Objectively, no.

What accompanies lo-fi is the distortion created by peaking out the low range mics, which creates a muted sound as a result. It literally CANNOT sound harsh unless you're autistic.
>>
File: 23.png (627 KB, 614x614) Image search: [Google]
23.png
627 KB, 614x614
>>64733983
Are you so retarded you can't grasp the meaning of simple fucking English.

What god was fucking high enough to give you ears you undeserving piece of shit

Maybe you can't speak fucking English huh is that the fucking problem

If I ever meat you, There is a problem between us that we will settle with our fists you mentally retarded pussy bitch
>>
>>64734108

He's right you know. Do your research.
>>
>>64734108
That guy was right you ninny.
>>
sand
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.