[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats a good budget synth? preferably under $600
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: th.jpg (18 KB, 480x256) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
18 KB, 480x256
Whats a good budget synth? preferably under $600
>>
go to goodwill and pick up a casio
>>
Preferably over $600
>>
File: PressFerraro1-real210213.jpg (441 KB, 600x663) Image search: [Google]
PressFerraro1-real210213.jpg
441 KB, 600x663
>>64733297
nice
>>
>>64733282
You pirate Massive.
>>
>>64733297
this
also a minibrute if you can find one
>>
>>64733282
Korg Minilogue that came out recently looks good and is maybe the only polyphonic analog synth in that range.
>>
>>64733282
elaborate on what you need it to do (are you a performer or a midifag?)

>>64733297
in 2012 i found a korg polysix at a goodwill, cost me $130. had to get the battery replaced as it had leaked on the pcb board, only set me back another $120. Sold it a few years later for $600 on craigslist probably to some /mu/tant.
>>
>>64733634
Also, Korg MS2000 is pretty good used for ~$400 but is digital. Same architecture as the super-popular MicroKorg, but with more hands-on controls.
>>
>>64733757
Currently a midi fag, i want to upgrade to can actual synth for easier/better recordings
>>
>>64733964
*an
>>
>>64733964
okay then yeah you could go with the minilogue or the boutique range or jdxi by roland. whatever you do avoid the microkorg which is THE memesynth.
>>
Why don't go anon for a MIDI controller instead anon?
If you're under a budget it could be more useful.
>>
>>64734256
MIDI controller only good if you have a DAW. who has time to learn the ins and out of one of those things?
>>
>>64734934
You don't have to learn the "ins and outs" of a DAW if you just want to play a VST
>>
Please anons, help me. I can't remember the fucking name of a music. It's played on a synth, and has maybe 3 layers. It has a very positive mood. It starts with a simple pattern with 4 notes, then a new layer with a higher pitched tone adds up, with various close notes (very rapidly), with maybe 1.5 second pauses.
>>
>>64735217
my girls - animal collective

but seriously, you just described every synth pop piece ever recorded
>>
>>64735245
I'm sorry if I'm being vague. It has no vocals and it's a short music, I think it has a minute or a minute and a half. It is only these patterns. It's some older shit, and I can't remember who is the author
>>
You can get multiple budget synths for $600. A cheap digital and a cheap analog for a 1-2 punch.

Like a Yamaha TX-81Z (FM synthesis) and a Korg MS-20 Mini or Arturia Mini/Microbrute (analog) will easily be under $600 used.
>>
>>64735305
any percussion?
>>
>>64733282
ju-06
>>
>>64735465
no, just the synth
>>
>>64735217
Sounds kind of like like Plantasia, which is very popular here on /mu/. Probably not it, but it doesn't hurt to try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUVmcKcTZ4A
>>
>>64735869
the first layer/pattern is identical from those first 5 seconds, but it is way more strong and more 80ish
>>
well, I'm going to sleep, after checking about a hunderd musics on youtube my memory is getting fuzzy. Maybe I have a epiffany while dreaming. Anyway, if I find it, I'll come back and make a thread. thanks for trying!
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.