[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow this is really comfy and sweet. I swear I kept putting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: illinois.jpg (741 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
illinois.jpg
741 KB, 900x900
Wow this is really comfy and sweet.

I swear I kept putting this guy on hold cuz I thought he looked like an ass, and now I realise he's a talented Christian fella.

What other albums by this guy that are worth checking out that aren't feelsy like Carrie & Lowell?
>>
File: Sufjanstevensageofadz.jpg (66 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Sufjanstevensageofadz.jpg
66 KB, 250x250
>>
Age of Adz
Michigan
All Delighted People EP

those are the ones that you'll like if you don't like stripped down folk or noisy electronics
>>
>>64733248
These songs are just a collection of cyberpunk bangers ready to turn the dancefloor into a fucking warzone.
>>
>>64733252
>All Delighted People EP
still haven't gotten around to listening to this despite loving everything else Sufjan's put out, I guess I'll get on this tonight
>>
>>64733270
Ok memetano go to bed
>>
>>64733252
Thanks a lot senpai
>>
File: cover.jpg (911 KB, 1519x1500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
911 KB, 1519x1500
This is one of his most overlooked and one of his best albums. Don't skip over it.
>>
Enjoy Your Rabbit is good too despite RYM memes. Try that as well. It's like a more whimsical/indie and slightly less electronic Autechre.
>>
>Michigan
>Seven Swans
>All Delighted People
>The Age of Adz
>The Avalanche (if you want more Illinois then these are fully realized b-sides)
>Carrie and Lowell

Any of his mainline albums are great.

My personal favorites are All Delighted People and The Age of Adz.

If you want a stripped down, sweet and sad album then Carrie and Lowell is your best bet as well as Seven Swans. Michigan is like Illinois but laid back and more down to earth (though parts of Illinois are very down to earth as well).

The Age of Adz is like nothing else he's done but its really special.

All Delighted People is the only album that doesn't feel bound by the Sufjan Stevens sound. Its also really special in its own way and he's never really made anything else like it despite it being more traditional compare to Adz.

Sufjan's discography is incredible to explore and I really envy you honestly.
>>
>>64733217

MICHIGAN NIGGA
>>
Any of his albums but I highly recommend Seven Swans.
>>
Recently, whenever Sufjan Stevens gets brought up, so does All Delighted People. Did I miss something? Did it just recently become popular on /mu/? Should probably give it a listen, seeing as I like his other stuff.

Also OP, Michigan is super comfy. Can't recommend that album enough.
>>
File: 1415418281982s.jpg (7 KB, 208x249) Image search: [Google]
1415418281982s.jpg
7 KB, 208x249
I am really, really digging his orchestral compositions on Illinois. Any more albums by him that have lots of orchestral stuff? Also liking the simple lyrics.
>>
>>64734998
Almost trips confirms. It was my first Sufjan and I completly feel in love with it
>>
the indie taylor swift

he can do no wrong

hate this guy desu
>>
File: 1461041044601.png (440 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1461041044601.png
440 KB, 657x527
>>64736438
The BQE is almost fully orchestral. It doesn't feature singing tho. The other choice would be The Age of Adz, but it has features a lot of his electronic experiments too. The title track from All Delighted People might please you.
Michigan is close to Illinois, but more stripped down and not as complex as the latter.
>>
>>64734998
If you can, get your hands on a rip of the vinyl version.

The rearranged tracklist flows better imo, and the piano instrumentals are a nice end after Djorhariah.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.