[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now we've had just a little bit to get used to the new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: cover.jpg (843 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
843 KB, 1400x1400
So now we've had just a little bit to get used to the new album, I'd like to talk about just a single song off it - True Love Waits.

Does it live up to the old guitar version, surpass it, or miss the mark? This track seems to be one of the most talked about ones on the album among reviews and I'm just curious what /mu/tants generally think about it.
>>
It makes the album 324980712309 times better. I never feel heavy emotion from music, but this rendition brought me to tears.
>>
Bit off topic but the message of True Love Waits is actually not positive if you think about it. Pretty cool song to end the album.
>>
It uses minor chords while the original uses both major and minor.

The original has both upbeat and sad bits, due to how it was structured. The original as a result had a more optimistic sound.

The new version is much more sad and knowing Thom's history with his wife it makes sense for it to be recorded that way. The new one is minor chords the whole way through.
>>
>>64731764
dunno bout the rest of you, but I thought it was hands-down the best track on the album

not that hardcore of a Radiohead fan though, I'd never heard any other iteration
>>
>>64731764
I like the piano version more. It gives it more emotion in my opinion. Agreed with a great closing track.
The lyrics fucking kill me.
>>
>>64731843
listen to ok computer. right now. and then kid a.
>>
>>64731794
Yeah it's fucking depressing as hell. It's desperate and pleading and like Thom is at his wits end trying to get back to how things were.

Personally I think it might be my favorite song out of their entire discography. It's certainly the most poignant one in my opinion. Definitely my favorite on the whole album for sure, and I actually think it's rivaling Kid A and In Rainbows for my personal favorite.
>>
>>64731795
Ha
>>
>>64731871
Exactly. He was begging for true love.
>>
Should probably have done a poll instead.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10173363
>>
>>64731830
i view the old version as a love song to his wife and this new version as a goodbye
>>
>>64731794
I think Daydream would've been a better song to end the album with.
>>
>>64732070
This. The Live Demo was sweet. The studio version is soul-crushing.
>>
>>64732096
If True Love Waits wasn't on the album I'd be inclined to agree but I can't imagine AMSP closing with anything else. TLW is pretty much the emotional climax of the entire album and it's a beautiful way to close it out. The album feels like a sad goodbye, bringing out a lot of fan favorites for studio recordings, and ending with a pretty mythological song of theirs.
>>
>>64732203
Yeah the song beautiful, definitely my favorite off the album, but the ending is pretty anticlimactic. Daydream flows pretty good after TLW and has a more chilling ending. That's just what I think, still love the album and the set list.
>>
>>64731764
not even in the top 8 songs of the album
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.