[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RUSH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Rush.png (29 KB, 200x230) Image search: [Google]
Rush.png
29 KB, 200x230
Now that these guys are retired, Post your favorite Rush album and why.
>inb4 post-nu-vapor-shoegaze-core fags hate on Rush because they can actually play real instruments well.
>pic related
>>
What? they retired?
>>
>>64730492
hemispheres or moving pictures 4 me, its the peak of their rushness, its nerdy but it sounds fresh and original unlike some of their later work which is a bit dad rocky
>>
>>64730543
I know Neil Peart did at least
>>
It'a either 2112 or Moving Pictures.

But that's only because 2112 and YYZ are so damn fun to play.
>>
right now it is A Farewell To Kings for me
>>
>>64730492

They weren't retired?
>>
they didnt retire

they did, however, say that large scale touring has ended.

shows here and there are still possible, as neil cant keep up with the physical demands of playing a fucking rush song for 2 hours every other day.

they might make another album, who knows,
but since they retired from touring, any show they do will be pricey. and that makes me sad because i didnt get to see them on their clockwork angels tour, i went to see black sabbath with ozzy instead
>>
>>64730492
I love the insttamentals. Their vocals are a huge turn off
>>
>>64730561
I agree. although there are a few good tracks on later albums (ex. Leave that Thing alone from Counterparts and the Pass from Presto)
>>
>>64730492
moving pictures is my dads favorite, and its mine too. hes the one who introduced rush to me, by playing that album.

close second would be grace under pressure.

for my favorite song, that has to be a three way tie between natural science, witch hunt(pops favorite) and mystic rhythms
>>
>>64730492
Really everything from 2112 to Power Windows is god tier. I can't pick just one.
>>
>>64730685
neil did actually retire
>>
File: 51q8oy0jll-_sx500_.jpg (49 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
51q8oy0jll-_sx500_.jpg
49 KB, 500x375
>>64730492
>>
File: 51rEE6G1QCL.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51rEE6G1QCL.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
>>64730889
nice meme
>>
>>64730845
completely??
>>
File: hemispheres-cover-ss.jpg (203 KB, 950x960) Image search: [Google]
hemispheres-cover-ss.jpg
203 KB, 950x960
>>64730492
"Hemispheres" is the height of Rush. Heady storytelling, full of distinct movements, and songs too long to be commercially viable. According to their documentary the music was so complexly layered that even they couldn't play it live all in one go. (Check this out for more depth: https://youtu.be/xAUtQhOFWFA?t=47m56s)

Everything after that was downhill in my opinion. It was at that point in their career they reached as high as they could and maybe higher. I also think that anything "Grace Under Pressure" is disposable so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
>>
Grace Under Pressure is so fucking underrated, shit's awesome

otherwise so far I think Moving Pictures is their best, only heard four of their records though (Moving Pictures, Fly By Night, Grace Under Pressure and Hemispheres)
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.