[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Punk Albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: eyebrow raise.gif (1 MB, 350x259) Image search: [Google]
eyebrow raise.gif
1 MB, 350x259
I'm thinking about getting into Punk rock, what albums should I download that you think a newcomer like myself would enjoy?
>>
File: MI0000832128.jpg (15 KB, 400x346) Image search: [Google]
MI0000832128.jpg
15 KB, 400x346
Start here.
>>
>>64730184
I already have that album
>>
File: 1355505979580.jpg (634 KB, 1040x1074) Image search: [Google]
1355505979580.jpg
634 KB, 1040x1074
>>64730128
>>
>>64730128
post a chart of yours and then we can work from there
>>
The Misfits - Static Age
Minor Threat - complete discography (really short tbqh, just listen to it)

and that's it, assuming you've already listened to The Clash and The Ramones. Punk is the sort of genre you pick a few meme songs from and stick to them.
>>
>>64731855
Punk is incredibly broad and post-punk is the best subgenre. Really bad opinion you've got there.
>>
File: germs.jpg (44 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
germs.jpg
44 KB, 500x500
>>
Does post-hardcore count as punk, too?
>>
File: download (2).jpg (8 KB, 273x185) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8 KB, 273x185
One of my favorite albums and one of the best punk albums ever
>>
>>64731855
you are shockingly ignorant
please don't give people advice on things you don't know anything about
>>
>>64730128
The Dead Milkmen - Big Lizard In My Backyard is a must listen
>>
>>64730128
Minor Threat - Out Of Step
Titus Andronicus - Most Lamentable Tragity
Pennywise - Land Of The Free?
Bad Brains - Banned In D.C.
Black Flag - Damaged
Bad Religion - Stranger Than Fiction
Fear - More Beer
>>
>>64730128
>Germs - G.I.
>Ramones - Rocket To Russia
>The Clash - London Calling
>Minor Threat - Out Of Step
>Embrace - Embrace
>>
Traditional punk is garbage for the most part. Protopunk, Postpunk, Posthardcore, Hardcore, nearly everything that came out of it is fucking fantastic though.

Anyway, listen to these:
The Damned
Buzzcocks
The Clash
The Germs
Dead Kennedys
The Misfits

Imo the rest is boring shite.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.