[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you believe AMSP > TKOL? Or, are you a man of taste?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: TKOL.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TKOL.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
http://www.strawpoll.me/10172648
>>
>>64729168
>http://www.strawpoll.me/10172648
they're equal for me
>>
File: Avril sk8er boi.jpg (47 KB, 719x405) Image search: [Google]
Avril sk8er boi.jpg
47 KB, 719x405
>>64729168
Both of them aren't very good but TKOL is probably better. IDK, it's been a while.
>>
>>64729194
This

They're very different albums, but I like them about the same. I never really got this "TKOL is bad" meme that I kept hearing everywhere. I can understand it being a disappointment as a follow-up to In Rainbows if you were expecting something totally different, but own its own merits it's an incredibly beautiful album.
>>
I haven't even listened A Moon Shaped Pool, but I voted for it lol.
>>
File: Boy Alone.jpg (215 KB, 726x593) Image search: [Google]
Boy Alone.jpg
215 KB, 726x593
I can't really listen to them anymore, maybe in a few years
>>
File: 1462682220253.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1462682220253.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>64729327

Thanks for your contribution to this thread.
>>
File: DSCN8409.jpg (188 KB, 526x662) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8409.jpg
188 KB, 526x662
>>64729352
you know I like to participate
>>
>>64729502
coz it feels liek the kids of now should be laughing at their waster dad for having a Radiohead collection

"ah guted Dad's got Radiohead"

while they listen to whatever we don't know about

I can't believe Radiohead are 'hip'
>>
>>64729502

Doors

How transcendental

>>64729560

There is such thing as patrician dads
>>
>>64729845
>There is such thing as patrician dads
yeah but their Patrician children must hate their guts

as Nietzsche sad, gonna fuck you up.
>>
I like TKOL and respect what it does but I find AMSP to be a much more detailed and intricate affair. All the experimental loops and polyrhythms are cool but I'm much more enamored by the dreamscapes of AMSP, what with all the blending of classical and electronic arrangements. Besides, shades of TKOL's loops still crop up in songs like Daydreaming and Present Tense.
>>
One thing I'll say about Limbs is it's definitely a grower. I think the people that hate it wrote it off too quickly without giving it a chance to sink in. I just don't understand how you can like Radiohead's whole discography but hate that album. The overlapping rhythms, the ethereal melodies, the atmosphere of it all - it's quite intoxicating.
>>
File: radioheadmoonshapedmain.jpg (93 KB, 633x356) Image search: [Google]
radioheadmoonshapedmain.jpg
93 KB, 633x356
Guys... g-guys... I'm pretty sure they did it
>>
File: Boy drinkingsmall.jpg (142 KB, 734x545) Image search: [Google]
Boy drinkingsmall.jpg
142 KB, 734x545
>>64730479
saved me 40 minutes in a sentence, cheers
>>
>>64730504
did what?
>>
>>64730504
And by that, I mean, I think this is a resounding success. It lives up to their standards
>>
>>64730479
agreed

>>64730500
its just a few people who hate it. I think most people really like TKOL but we just dont like it as much as everything else they've done (minus Pablo).
>>
Eh, I might just need to listen to it more but so far AMSP seems very frivolous to me. There's lot of good ideas there but I feel like there's too much emphasis on experimentation rather than good song writing. It feels nice and dreamy when I listen to it, but it doesn't take me on much of a ride. I feel pretty flat the whole time when I should be dipping in and out of a variety of emotional highs and lows. It just feels like they could have done more by doing a little bit less and polishing up a bit more, ya know?
>>
>>64730535

I'm currently having the internal debate of whether or not I like it more than OKC. AMSP is definitely a high ranking effort for me.
>>
Glass Eyes > Codex

That song literally does everything the other one attempted, only better
>>
>>64730670

I think that's the deciding factor of sorts on this record. It's very dreamlike and not very tight on the songwriting at all. Personally I like that sort of thing but I can see it bothering those looking for something a bit more grounded or immediate.
>>
>>64730804
I thought the songwriting was amazing
>>
>>64730786

I don't see too many similarities but I do agree that Glass Eyes is the better track.
>>
>>64730853

As do I but it's certainly not for any degree of conciseness. Like I said, I dig how ethereal and dreamlike the album is. IR and TKOL have much more focused, on point structures but I don't think that's a slight against AMSP personally. It COULD be depending on your preferences, though.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.