[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /mu/, who have you seen live recently?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160508_230221~01.jpg (854 KB, 1440x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160508_230221~01.jpg
854 KB, 1440x1920
So /mu/, who have you seen live recently?
>>
Sunn O)))
>>
tortoise
>>
Space Wax
>>
I'm soon seeing King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard twice in one day.
>>
>>64728802
I went to Desertfest last weekend. Saw Monolord, Oranssi Pazuzu and Electric Wizard.
>>
Saw The Front Bottoms and Brick + Mortar on saturday
>>
David Bowie
>>
why is this thread so quiet? do you fags not go to shows?
>>
Beach House, they were fucking incredible
>>
Sufjan Stevens

>>64732683
Take that back :(
>>
>>64730332
did they play any of their old stuff?
>>
melvins with melt banana

and i guess napalm death was ight.

BORIS AND EARTH IN AUG BOYS
>>
>leaving your apartment voluntarily
>>
>>64733083
Probably because I made a boring OP.

Pic related in >>64728802 was Violent Femmes last night at The Observatory. Pretty great show, Gordon, Brian, all on point. That kid playing saxophone nearly stole the show for a minute

All in all, would see again. Definitely more energy there than I was expecting, you can just tell everyone had a good time. Some panties hit Gordon's face mid-show, what I'd give to catch his reaction on vid
>>
>>64733510
>>64728856

Saw both of these consecutively at the same venue

Sunn was fucking tight
Melvin's were okay and Napalm was boring but Melt-Banana surprised me with how exciting their performance was

Where did you guys see them at?
>>
Intervals supported by Plini and Angel Vivaldi and some band from Pittsburgh or sumtin

>>64733339
How was it anon?
>>
>>64733613
why were there security guards blocking the front of the stage at a violent femmes concert
>>
>>64733787

Bay area fags?
>>
>>64733787
>Napalm was boring
were you a fan of their new album apex predator?
>>
>>64733855
I think it was just to prevent crowdsurfers from accidentally fucking themselves up when they reached that gap between the mini wall (which isn't really visible in the pic) and the stage

The guards only stood there when someone was nearing the front
>>
>>64728802
Iggy Pop (April 11th and April 14th)
The Residents (April 23rd)
>>
Kurt Vile
>>
Jon Brion last Friday, LCD on Easter, and a couple in between that I'm forgetting
>>
Mammifer opened for Faust
It was beautiful through and through.
>>
Iron Maiden, last night
>>
The smashing pumpkins
>>
Modest Mouse
>>
Saw Deerhunter at Webster a week or two ago.

Was a great show, Bradford was super into it and his dad was in the balcony, so it was kinda sweet. Lots of crowd interaction. He tried to play Twilight at Carbon Lake for shits but forgot the lyrics.
>>
I'm 21 years old, I play guitar, bass, piano, ukulele, violin, and sing and I have never been to a concert or live music venue.

Should I feel bad?
>>
Saw Sunn O))) a few weeks ago, Young Thug last night, and seeing Peter Brotzmann tomorrow
>>
>>64734303
same except it was last week in Brisbane
>>
>>64728802
Recently saw Rüfüs in Sydney Australia, but I only remember half the set because I took many MDMA caps, blacked out, and ended up in hospital
>>
>>64731188
Shut the fuck up, Chad
>>
Beach house, summer doesn't seem to have any good shows that are close. So i'll wait til fall for more.
>>
Haven't seen anyone so far this year. Seeing Nothing in July
>>
>>64734697
Same anon here, seeing The Smith Street Band and The Cat Empire at the end of the month
>>
I just got back from seeing King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. They were fantastic, definitely recommend seeing them if they play near you.
>>
>>64734697
what a faggot
>>
>>64734799
The Smith Street Band are real entertaining live
>>
>>64734697
>>64734799
you have shit taste and are a contributing factor as to why Australian festivals are coming under fire for drug related incidents. learn how to take drugs and not kill yourself you dumb cunt.
>>
>>64728802
>>64733613
small world, I was there too
>tfw some random qt started grinding on me during encore
Surprising for sure, bredy nice though. She was messed up af
>>
>>64728802

My friend's band was the last one

Saw Migos and Travis Porter before that at some fraternity band parties

Havent gotten to see anything cool recently
>>
File: 2016-05-09_22h30_25.png (712 KB, 482x531) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-09_22h30_25.png
712 KB, 482x531
>>64734888

Yeah, I saw them on Sunday night. They were fantastic. Sounded even better live than they do on their records if that's possible.

Kickin' myself for not picking up this sweet poster before they sold out.
>>
Animal Collective on Molly. Was fucking incredible
>>
>>64734241

Fucking jelly
>>
>>64728802
Paul McCartney
dope as shit. 74 and still energetic/flirty <3
>>
Well I was SUPPOSED to go to Levitation...

But I ended up seeing Animal Collective that weekend and they were great. Would have loved to see Slowdive though
>>
>>64735233
Atlanta?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462851464100.jpg (24 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462851464100.jpg
24 KB, 960x540
Melvins/Melt Banana/Napalm Death in NY. Was fun
>>
>>64735205
I'm upset that he decided to skip LA this year's tour. I swear, he's going to kick it before I get to see him

I'll be seeing Ringo in the summer though, heard nothing but good things about him live
>>
I'm taking my dad to see Swans in September.

Is anyone going to Dope Body's farewell show? Im so fucking pissed i never got to see them live.
>>
Dizzee Rascal performing Boy In Da Corner

At MHOW/WBurg
>>
>>64730424
Atl??
>>
>>64735172
My city sold out incredibly fast.. missed my shot last night I think :(
>>
>>64734653
yes, because of your attention whoring

here's your (you)
>>
>>64735165
Damn that's nice! Yeah they didn't have the poster tonight but I picked up a shirt

Totally agree about them sounding better live, they need to release a live album asap
>>
Death grips and animal collective
>>
>>64735395
Didn't know they were calling it quits. Thanks for the tip. I have senpai in Baltimore so I might slip down there to see em
>>
Went to a Father John Misty concert.
Was actually a lot better than the last time I saw him, way more energy.
He did NIN's "closer" in the encore and it was dope
>>
no one comes to miami
>>
Frenzal Rhomb with Clowns and Agent 37.
Seeing The Bennies with Clowns in a few weeks
>>
Quilt and Ra Ra Riot. Oh how I wish RRR's last two albums were at all worthwhile.
>>
>>64733918
o shit waddup
>>
Saw Black Sabbath a month ago

They were pretty good
>>
I dont like seeing live shows because its too loud and ear plugs make me nauseous

I guess i could wear muffs
>>
>>64737757
At least you're smart and wear something.

WORD TO THE WISE for everyone here:

Sure, your ears might have rang before, and hey, it probably went away after a few hours/day right?

But guess what, one of these times, it ISN'T going to go away. WEAR FUCKING EARPLUGS TO SHOWS.
>>
Last show i went to was gloss, cctv, cochina, the bug and tigress. I dont go to shows much lately.
>>
>>64728802
the observatory
noice
>>
Dopapod

they're cool, but you guys wouldn't like them
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.