[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize that TKOL was Radiohead's best album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: the-king-of-limbs.jpg (166 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
the-king-of-limbs.jpg
166 KB, 900x900
When did you realize that TKOL was Radiohead's best album?

I mean seriously:

>all of the songs on all of Radiohead's albums are almost ALL in 4/4, whereas TKOL makes use of all kinds of interesting polyrhythms (basing songs on different time signatures at the same time)
>tons of different drum tracks going at once
>very layered unlike other albums where te electronics were basically copied and looped
>uses complex mopdality and even phase shifting

honestly in terms of musicality it's actually their only groundbreaking album
>>
TKOL is also all in 4/4. What polyrhythms are you talking about?
>>
>>64727597
I prefer Amnesiac and the B-sides from around that era personally. Took me a few listenes to get into TKOL and I appreciate it for what it's worth, but I don't think it's their best
>>
> polyrhythms
> modality
> groundbreaking
>>
>>64727597

i used to think the bends was the best album now i know in rainbows is
>>
i don't care if it's complex, polyrythmic or groundbreaking. What i do care is that TKOL is highly consistent, the album simply flows perfectly and never has a low moment.
Unlike In Rainbows i.e. which has two fillers in 15 step and videotape.
This album really grew on me, which made me coming back to him again and again over the last 5 years.
And i'm glad it did, otherwise i would be like all of you guys in desperate need for a new radiohead album.
>>
>>64727597
last year.
Why do you care about time signatures so much you cuck?
>>
who gives a fuck about polyrhythms or other music theory bullshit, literally has no bearing on the quality of music
>>
>>64727597
Separator is great
>>
File: 1460507665747.png (254 KB, 378x395) Image search: [Google]
1460507665747.png
254 KB, 378x395
>>64727756
Seriously nigger? On an album with fucking Bodysnatchers and House of Cards you have the audacity to call the perfect opener and closer filler?
>>
This copypasta is embarrassing.
>>
>>64727784
Agreed, its GOAT
>>
>>64727597
I think you're going a bit overboard but its their best.

>>64727655
Well I'd say that it was certainly unique. Maybe not groundbreaking.
>>
I really like King of Limbs. It's their grooviest/catchiest album in my opinion
>>
In Rainbows is my favorite. Too much run-off alternative on OK Computer and Kid A has some weak moments in my opinion. TKOL is good but it's probably not better than The Bends or Hail to the Thief.
>>
>>64727597

Actually their only good album is Pablo Honey.
>>
your opinion is utter fucking garbage and you're wrong to feel this way
>>
>>64728182
OKC has it's flaws but there's not a single weak moment on Kid A desu.
>>
its pretty good
>>
>>64728364
Dont be a bully anon
>>
The Basement version of TKOL is GOAT.

Honestly radiohead's last few albums have been meh and later get fixed with live studio performances. I just don't get why IR gets the praise it does, until Scotch Mist it just came off completely flat to me.
>>
>>64727789
Every live version of videotape I've heard have been substantially better than the studio version.
>>
>>64727789
Bodysnatchers is 10/10
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.