[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ALL HAIL QUEEN BEY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: beyradio.png (9 KB, 996x95) Image search: [Google]
beyradio.png
9 KB, 996x95
Bow down to the Queen.
>>
The exact moment when you realize critics are shills
>>
>>64724576
both of those albums are used as tools for attention by review sites
>>
>>64724576
You've only just realised that?
>>
>>64724576
i'm confident that a lot of the professional critics are just forcing themselves to see the positives in the album because they're afraid of triggering beyonce's fanbase
her last album did basically the same thing but a lot better
>>
Using metacritic for music is interesting because it shows how inflated scores have gotten in the last few years. If you look back to about 10 years ago 75 is considered really good, but somewhat subpar by today's standards. I wonder why this happened really. It's sort of similar to how rottentomatoes has became so important to movies as well. I think the whole thing is stupid personally. It's glorified blogging if you think about it.
>>
>>64724630

No it's not. Lemonade is "Facebook Post, the album."

Beyonce updated her status: "JAY CHEATED ON ME! WHAT AN ASSHOLE YOU GUYS!!! AMIRITE YOU GUYS???!!!"

This post has 93 likes. There are 100 comments:

Reviewer 1: OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS?! FUCK HIM!

Reviewer 2: OMG I'M HERE FOR YOU GIRL

Reviewer 3: NO FUCKING WAY! STAY STRONG GIRL!

Reviewer 4: WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT?! I'M HERE IF YOU NEED ANYTHING

Reviewer 5: Damn, girl, that sucks. Does that mean you're single?! lol ;-) you know I'm just playing...but not really if you are...lol ;-)

Reviewer 6: OMG #5 seriously?! Not a good time! GIRL YOU DON'T NEED NO MAN TO MAKE YOU HAPPY

Reviewer 7: SOUNDS LIKE IT'S TIME TO HIT THE CLUB GIRL!

Reviewer 8: OMG I'm here if you need girl. You're the best! Love ya.
>>
>>64724787
That shit is fucking everywhere though, to the point where in vidya "It's ok. 10/10 -IGN" became a meme.

The reason is probably clickbait from the journos, noone wants to read an average review, people love sensationalism, it's either the best thing ever, or a pile of poop. Also some journals feel pressure from their reading base for specific scores, so they don't really stray far far away from them (Pitchfork and hip-hop is a classic example)
>>
>>64724553
I don't see how this is even a contest. Lemonade is the best album Beyonce's ever put out. Whereas AMSP is below average for a Radiohead album (not that they aren't already overrated as hell).
>>
>>64724836
this is a cool and funny post and all but i don't understand why you replied to me
>>
>>64724921

>noone wants to read an average review

This is the only answer needed.

Out of curiosity, what did you mean by this:

>Also some journals feel pressure from their reading base for specific scores, so they don't really stray far far away from them (Pitchfork and hip-hop is a classic example)

That they know how white they are so they bump every hip hop rating up at least 2 whole points to keep people off their back? Or just that they try too hard to seem cool so they bump every hip hop rating up at least 2 whole points so people think they're the "cool" white people who "get it"?
>>
>>64725008

Looking back on it, I don't know why I did either.
>>
>>64725018
The second one, but I'm not really talking about the white thing, more about not alienating their fanbase and the confirmation bias of people in said fanbase.

If Pitchfork would suddenly give TLOP a 4, some people (not all) would flip their shit and leave to other sites.

Of course, then we have people like Scaruffi, but noone outside of this board takes him seriously tho.
>>
>>64725018
The same could be said for AMSP

>Or just that they try too hard to seem cool so they bump every Radiohead album rating up at least 2 whole points so people think they're the "cool" people who "get" an otherwise dull release that's a watered down version of its influences?
>>
>Lemonade is the best album Beyonce's ever put out.

lel goddamn.. if this is true then just how shitty is the rest of her discography?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.