[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/prod/ - music production general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: thumbs up.jpg (64 KB, 1180x842) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
64 KB, 1180x842
High Energy edition

>'Check the exclusive EQ Masterclass Series in the Pastebin' Edition

>Production Resources: (Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff...)
http://pastebin.com/jew3GPCZ

>/prod/ IRC is up!
To join, you can go to http://www.rizon.net/chat
Choose a nickname, put #/prod/ as channel. Enter!
Or get a lightweight desktop client here: https://hexchat.github.io/downloads.html

Use clyp.it to post your tracks/WIP

NO SOUNDCLOUD LINKS
>>
finally got a decent computer and I can't wait to make music. wish me luck senpaitachi
>>
>people still unironically using disableton

why
>>
hello
>>
>>64722672
>>64722891
>XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
File: based.jpg (51 KB, 600x378) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
51 KB, 600x378
>>64723591
are you okay, friend? do you have a clyp.it to share with us?
>>
File: epicpost.jpg (14 KB, 287x48) Image search: [Google]
epicpost.jpg
14 KB, 287x48
>>64723663
WHAT'S CLYPIT???? I JUST CAME IN BECUZ I SAW ALL DESE DANKASSS MEMEZ
>>
File: lol my niggaa.jpg (236 KB, 1000x707) Image search: [Google]
lol my niggaa.jpg
236 KB, 1000x707
>>64723710
u wuz memes n shit?
>>
oh no
>>
File: 1401926284383.jpg (20 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1401926284383.jpg
20 KB, 400x300
>>64722672
>>64722672
mega links in the pastebin are dead...
>>
https://clyp.it/izzzfads

can i get some feedback? extremely new to this and want to know if this sounds like babby's first beat because I actually enjoy it.
>>
>>64723891
You should learn a few scales.
>>
critique my new song please

https://clyp.it/lfs14fdf
>>
File: the greatest.png (2 MB, 1122x1404) Image search: [Google]
the greatest.png
2 MB, 1122x1404
>>64723890
Actually a bunch of the links are dead...
>>
>>64723981
>critique my new song please
It's shit.
>>
>>64724144
>critique
learn what words mean
>>
>>64724234
OK, I give it 0/5 stars.
>>
>>64724256
also not a critique, holy shit are you ever dumb lol
>>
>>64723891
oh god that fruity loops snare
learn some music theory
>>
Hey I've been lurking these generals for a while, and I've decided to post my music here
Here's the link (critique all you want):
https://clyp.it/ur4daqaq
>>
>>64724319
pretty cool. would you explain these sounds please?
>>
>>64724485
ok these troll posts are getting very lazy
>>
>>64724523
I wasn't trolling but I decided to delete it because it was a bit nasty.
>>
>>64724408
Well I just usually make a bunch of little sound experiments once in a while, and I put them into a track (or more depending on however I feel about it).
This track used Fracture a lot on each sound, to make some "calm" textures. it didn't really turn out calm but I guess it worked.
I'm pretty sure I used a sample of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5U2QydVuS8, though I'm not sure what time the sample was (the core sample part was made months beforehand, it is pretty hard for me to tell since I messed with the sample)
>>64724485
>Where's the music?
Well I dunno, it depends on who is in authority on the subject I guess. It should probably be mentioned that most of the tracks I make aren't very focused on common musical structures, more focused on technical ideas in a way
>>
File: fuckit.jpg (55 KB, 615x345) Image search: [Google]
fuckit.jpg
55 KB, 615x345
I don't want to spend a ton of money on drum mics pls help
>>
>>64724577
thanks family
>>
>>64724710
no problem
>>
>>64724629
CAD, Nady, Digital Reference
>>
any jungle heads in?
>>
>>64724761
Love a bit of jungle, post some.
>>
>>64724629
AKG drum pack. theres more modern AKG drum mic sets however i really think the discontinued Drum Set Big 2 is great. I personally wouldn't use the "snare and tom" mics if i had the choice but they're actually good, i wouldn't choose them but i have used them before on some drums and they strangely sounded great.

http://www.akg.com/pro/p/drumsetbig

the AKG d112 is a great kick drum mic, also good on bass guitars when paired with an SM57.
>>
>>64724818
>also good on bass guitars
I thought everyone DIed basses these days.
>>
File: IMG_6232.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6232.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>64724844
well, a lot of people do. last time i recorded bass i did this:

AKG d112 slightly off axis
SM57 on axis
DI output

you would ideally take DI no matter what.

here's a pic actually.
>>
>>64724915
Nice.
I bet you get a more individual sound.
>>
>>64724733
I'm just as scared to spend this little.

>>64724818
this seems like what I'm looking for

my plan was going to be to do a 4-mic Glyn Johns setup but it seems like just a pair of decent overheads would run 300-400 and I got scared.

>>64724915
when people do cab and DI, do you have to use a splitter or do you pass through the interface? Or is that what a DI box is for?
>>
>>64724809
was hoping for some advice on jungle production and break programming?
>>
>>64724915
sounds good. only issue was that the bassist didn't really play consistently, he was very hungover, 5 string nice Ibanez bass, it sounded good man.

in fact, if it helps, i am uploading it to clyp.it so you can get an idea of how it sounded.
>>
>>64725054
Well my friend.

Have you heard of...the amen break?
>>
>>64725012
i suggested the AKG. i have done a 2 mic Glyn Johns setup before. However i wouldn't reccomend it. it's cost efficient BUT you can actually get a pretty slamming sound with just 4 microphones. Anything as simple as two overheads, 1 d112 on the kick and an sm57 on the snare

you could probably pull some Rode NT5s for cheap as overheads dude. If you're really desperate there's a SM57 clone made by Pyle. It's pretty fucking average but eh... it's like what £15?

>>64725012
Well that amp actually had a DI output built in but yes that's what the DI box is for.

also >>64725072 was for >>64724962
>>
>>64725075
Yes indeed

Ive just downloaded one of my favourite breaks the boymereng break.

I can never get them to sound right once i start programming the individual hits in though
>>
What should I do if I want to start producing?
>>
>>64724962
>Here's the bass sum:

https://clyp.it/dc4endif

Overall track is uploading now. Router is cunting itself

>>64725187
read. also depends on what you mean by producing? I don't do electronic anymore, sick of it, used to love it but now i just "engineer" or "produce" bands. I prefer that.

what kind of production do you mean anon?
>>
>>64725287
Either electronic or hip-hop instrumentals
>>
>>64725133
I've got an sm57 I can use now to take the sting out of purchasing everything at once. Ultimately, I don't want to have to move mics around for recording different instruments.

I've heard D112 is a solid way to go for kick, and it seems reasonable.

What's your rec for overheads again?

I'm in that weird spot of "hey lets mic the drums, but not spend too much... but still get a good sound..." So many times I've kicked myself for trying to save a little money on equipment, only to realize I should have bought quality shit the first time.
>>
>>64725326
ahh... i see, okay well youtube is probably your friend then. Check out RyanEnzed. about 5 years ago he did a lot of good tracks, maybe he's still doing a channel now. Youtube should serve you just fine.
>>
>>64725287
>>Here's the bass sum:
>https://clyp.it/dc4endif
Were you purposefully covering "Come To Daddy" by Aphex Twin?
>>
>>64725354
Thanks appreciate it. Which software would you recommend to start with?
>>
>>64725333
nah man i was in the same boat as you, i'm looking to get a few sontronics microphones for my own personal use soon, use them a lot but obviously can't take them home.

the AKG c1000s series is pretty good. The Rode NT5 is a pretty good mic for it's price.

What other microphones do you have? I'm low on my own personal collection sicne i just use the studio ones. Buddy of mine has a good collection of nice microphones though.

Yeah overheads, Rode NT5 or AKG C1000s, they're both good. Used a neumann U87 pair as overheads once, worked quite nicely.

also if you can spare an extra mic, a room mic can really complete the sound.
>>
>>64725399
never heard it. It's part of Mr Brightside - The Killers. hate the fucking song.

>>64725418
Well i use Logic and Pro Tools. Logic is great for electronic work too, the built in ES2 synth is genuinely pretty damn good. A lot of electronic producing people i know use FL but i'm not personally keen on it.
>>
File: band.jpg (139 KB, 1500x445) Image search: [Google]
band.jpg
139 KB, 1500x445
>>64725471
Thanks man, I'll check those out.

All I've got now are 3 sennheiser e835s for vocals and the sm57 for guitar.

I wanted to get a nice condenser for dual miking the guitar or as a room mic.
>>
>>64725138
a lot of that early jungle you hear wouldn't have had breaks spliced into individual hits, m8. far too much work on early samplers.

if you want to re-arrange the groove you're better off slicing the break into discrete chunks (quarters, 1/8ths) and doing it that way. you can lay down a rough arrangement that way then spend a bit of time in a sequencer smoothing things out a bit.

when you've got a groove you want, you'll want to do a few things to make the drums sound more 'modern':
- layer (or at extremes, even replace) the kicks - this is almost essential if you want to sound 'big' by today's standards
- distort the break - grab a few good vsts for this (ohmicide, trash 2, fxpansion's maul)
- layer snares or hats as necessary
- parallel compress the breaks if necessary
- bus and reverb for cohesion. you want to be really careful here. short tails. if you want a dirtier, older sound you can get away with throwing the low end at the reverb but slap an eq after > set to mid/side > hard cuts to the side** + low shelf and drop levels quite a bit around the same range in the mids. a few people itt might have a heart attack reading this part, but as long as you control it well you'll be good. super clean low ends are gross anyway.

** easy way would be to just hi-pass around 150hz and call it a day. a lot of mastering engineers will do this as well if they're cutting wax but you can afford to leave a little in there. hi-cut much lower in the sub range and use a lo-shelf. you're allowed to get away with it these days.
>>
>>64722672
its dat boi!!!!

>>64722891
nothing wrong with any major daw friend
>>
>>64725635
okay yeah i know those. Not bad.

Okay well personally, for dual micing the guitar, seriously, two sm57s will do when it comes to that. Look at the "Fredman Technique". A good thought process is "is it working? no? throw another 57 at it".

2 sm57s, one on axis and one off can sound great but yeah, if you're low on money and want a condenser for the guitar cab, try an at2050 or even an nt1a. They're not bad and definitely not for the price. However also look up the Sontronics Halo. It's a nice little dynamic and personally i think it sounds better than the sm57, more brightness and more focussed. It's great on live vocals, guitars and snare drums.
>>
File: d.jpg (23 KB, 303x361) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
23 KB, 303x361
>>64725791
o shit MAGA!
>>
File: 94f.png (18 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
94f.png
18 KB, 120x120
>>64725805
>A good thought process is "is it working? no? throw another 57 at it".

I wish more things in life worked this way...
>>
>>64725805
lol, I'll try that. I'm not afraid to have an extra sm57 lying around, because I know I can always find a use for it
>>
>>64725864
a drunk bassist i know threw an sm57 at the vocalist when he kept asking me to turn him up in the mix. Sometimes they do that dude.

Wish i could do that with my lady though

>>64725884
you can always find a use for a 57. Those things are great, they can be door stops or even tack hammers if you need them to be.

Solid as fuck
>>
>>64725791
>>64725851
>implying trump would be half the leader dat boi would be
>>
>>64725701
Thanks for the Help

I think cutting the break by detect into individual sounds is what has thrown me off a bit, just tried it on the beat into 16th and its kept its shuffle a lot better.

Thanks for the rest of the production tips too, I'm going to copy that to notepad and run through it once I've got some break chops down.

I've got a feeling as old as it is I'm going to have a lot of fun chopping and playing about with the Amen break.

Thanks again

https://youtu.be/_fwip0h7QpM
>>
>>64725915
shit c1000s are buy one get one free right now, I think that just made my choice
>>
>>64726000
shit where?
i could do with my own pair to be honest.
>>
>>64726021
I guess at their licensed dealers (B&H, Sweetwater, etc)

http://www.akg.com/pro/p/c1000s

" BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE until June 30, 2016
Valid for the US only. Visit your local retailer to purchase."
>>
https://clyp.it/5mvex53z

kinda stuck on this song (no mixing still writing). it feels kinda empty and im not sure if i like the bassline.

tried to add an arp but it sounded too crowded, i need some kind of backing track that doesn't interfere with the chord
>>
>>64726053
ah thanks man, shame i'm not in the USA. I suppose i could order some through some family though. Good thing i don't really need them just want them haha.

good find anon
>>
>>64725943
depending on what you want from the release, keep your tempos relatively low.
not a lot of people playing out jungle tempos these days. low 130s will get you the techno crowd.

ignore my bits about low-end side reverb if you're new to production tho - just cut hard at 150hz + low shelf some more. don't mean to sound like an ass but it's very easy to screw that part up. it gets mono'd on systems anyway. those tricks are mostly just for the headphone crew.
>>
>>64725501
>>64725399
>>64725287
here's the full track, finally uploaded, no idea what the fuck is going on with my internet

https://clyp.it/uow2pkjj
>>
So, my band is set to go record at a local (pretty well known around here) studio in a month or so. We just want a demo done, nothing too serious. Something to throw around while we make more music and get ready for our serious first CD. We have four songs- the total is a little less than 30 mins worth of music. The guy at the studio says we can record this in 2 days and he will mix/master in a couple more days and then have it done. Dude said he wants up to $500 to do this. At 4 days worth of hard work (assuming that's 8 hrs- which i doubt this guy will put in, because he keeps telling me how busy he is) that works out to $30 an hour, IDEALLY. Realistically, this guy will probably only put in 2-4 hours a day, hopefully, which will put it at around $60 an hour, at least. Am I whack or is this fucking whack? And he seems like he really just wants to do it in a few days, doesn't this process usually take longer? Even if it's just a demo? It takes a few days when i do it myself, and I'm an amateur. Yes I have other options but this seems to be the most desirable option, other than price. I'm not hating on the guy, we all gotta get paid, but i just want to know if this seems like way too much or not? I'm going to have to sell a shit ton of CDs just to make it back. And that's not counting the money I'll have to spend to put the music on the CDs, lol.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I've never been in a professional studio before.
>>
File: Dubs.jpg (37 KB, 339x334) Image search: [Google]
Dubs.jpg
37 KB, 339x334
>>64726110
I've actually been producing for quite some time, but I could never really get my head around jungle production and the breaks. Ive been listening to a lot of old classic jungle recently and wanted to give it another go.

So thanks again for your help, will keep those tips in mind
>>
>>64726202
i'm not too versed in the current going rates but that doesn't sound that unreasonable

and yes, he will very likely be able to do much more as a professional in a few days than you would as an amateur
>>
>>64726202
Ive never recorded at a pro studio but the guys always seem busy. One thing ( i think) they will do is tell you it'll take a certain amount of hours to do something, but you must always assume that it will take a little bit longer than that (cus that means more money for him). Also make sure you've heard stuff he's done before and that it doesn't sound like shit.

I had friends that paid like 2 grand for this really shitty demo and didn't know the guy was just gonna rip them off cus they hadn't heard of him or his portfolio before
>>
https://clyp.it/zp1af11d
THIS is how you jungle.
anyone up for a soundclash? see if u can top this
>>
https://clyp.it/sxy42mfv?token=c6de53d29b89051d8564b434c7067400

it's about my dreams.
>>
>>64726202
$500 isn't that bad. I'm not sure on the exchange rates but my buddy charges about £300 per track. £200 for friends.

I'm paid around £20 an hour when i mix/record.

I've seen a few local places asking around £500 a track and to be honest, myself and my buddy mix better. Just shop around a bit.
>>
>>64726314
that's what I figured, but I've never even seen a demo that had "recorded and mastered in -a few days- at studio X" on it. But like I said, i'm not hating, I'm just wondering

>>64726316
some of the stuff sounds good, some doesn't. That's what i'm afraid of, spending my money for this guy to just pretty much rip us off. He doesn't seem like he likes us that much, anyway.
>>
File: lexicon-pcm91-reverb-unit.jpg (18 KB, 600x150) Image search: [Google]
lexicon-pcm91-reverb-unit.jpg
18 KB, 600x150
is there an advantage of buying a reverb unit over a VST reverb (ignoring convenience/space)?

would a higher end FX/reverb unit sound better than a VST reverb?
>>
>>64726110
One thing I'm not sure about is when i chop a break (amen for example) using the by 16th it misses a lot of the actual drum hit start and end points, so when I go in and adjust them and then convert them to a midi track it all sounds totally out of time again?
>>
>>64726595
all depends on your VSTs and your Reverb unit. The thing is, a lot of reverb units can be modelled with a convolution reverb such as the logic pro Space Designer, i actually have lexicon reverbs on my computer that i can use through the space designer. Personally the only outboard gear i like to use are nice mic preamps, EQs, limiters and compressors.

That's what i think at least. you're best off testing whatever you can get your hands on.
>>
>>64726128
fucking gay dude
>>
>>64726595
>would a higher end FX/reverb unit sound better than a VST reverb?
I always thought so until I used Valhalla vintage Verb, so not quite so sure now. Think I'm going to buy a hardware reverb anyway soon as kinda miss having one.
Been looking at the T.C Electronics stuff
>>
>>64726658
what daw/sampler are you using?
>>
>>64726321
come on does nobody want to make music with me
>>
>>64726721
i fucking hate that song.

wanted to kill the vocalist also at times
>>
>>64726751
Maschine.

It's alright I've figured it out. I just needed to adjust the bpm so the 8th notes were hitting on the drum hits. I'm a fucking idiot
>>
tfw waves spammed the fuck out of my email for downloading that shit black friday trueverb there is atleast over 100 emails from them
>>
How do I get roaring bass/808s
>>
>>64726703
>limiters and compressors.

I've been slowly building a setup to move away from my computer and mixing on board. what limiter/compressors would you recommend, entry level but not noisy cheap shit? I make bleeps with some vocals
>>
>>64724319
This is really nice. It's actually the type of music I'm planning on producing once I have my setup back. I like the layers of sounds and how it progresses naturally.
>>
File: dbx-160a_3.jpg (48 KB, 1000x354) Image search: [Google]
dbx-160a_3.jpg
48 KB, 1000x354
>>64726971
Not the anon you're asking but my mate has 2 DBX 160a's and they sound so fucking good on drums
>>
>>64726971
afraid i'm not big on bleepy kind of stuff.

some DBX stuff is pretty good, you can also get some pretty good Neve 1073 clones that fit a 500 series rack just fine. Around £150

Anything by TL-Audio tends to be pretty damn good. Especially their ivory series
>>
>>64727046
Thanks, I'll be making more of this type of stuff, though it's going to sound more "different" than this track. I would send you links to soundcloud/Bandcamp for future reference, but rules I guess (it's the same name as the trip though so it won't be hard to find)
>>
>>64727073
>>64727086

thanks dudes
>>
https://clyp.it/mkxhhost
cracked the code on how to sound like actress tbf
>>
>>64726931
that's why you check your emails regularly and unsubscribe from shit you dont care about, ya dingus
>>
How do I go about starting to make UK garage?
>>
>>64727213
Cool, I'll definitely look it up after. The direction that I want to take is a more "active" (?) one, with some sparse or occasional percussion and my girlfriend singing. Reminiscent of Grouper or Inga Copeland, but not really similar.
>>
>>64728173
Yeah if you were taking an ambient approach that'd be the best way to go if you aren't going for anything too experimental. Good luck on the future project though!
>>
>>64728258
Thank you! I followed you on SC. I'll keep an eye out for your next releases as well.
>>
>>64727226
don't mention it, /prod/ is good. least cancerous part of /mu/
>>
>>64728338
sometimes it gets bad in here but not often
>>
>>64728589
soundcloud kid usually ruins it with his anti-/pol/ cuck shit but looks like he's out shopping for tendies today
>>
>>64728589
yeah it does, though in terms of comparrison, it's far better in here. also this is where i can give out the most info and help people more so it's comfy as fuck
>>
File: cuck.jpg (58 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
cuck.jpg
58 KB, 600x615
>>64728635
>>
(>>64726065) again, I think I filled it out okay without using any arps or unneeded instruments.

https://clyp.it/lwnv14ev

Added a pad to the break and chorus. doubled a few leads. i can work with it now i think, although i'm still not incredibly happy with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (336 KB, 1280x1613) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
336 KB, 1280x1613
So /prod/ can we get some /prod/ projects going in these threads?

I think it'd be really good and provide a bit of inspiration and general discussions between anons here.

Just something simple like rythem roulette or something simular, we all get a week to come up with something and then help each other out with tips, feedback, answer questions and whatnot?

I think it'd be really interesting to see what everyone comes up with as I'm sure we have people of all ability's and influences in here?
>>
File: Week 01 voice.jpg (172 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Week 01 voice.jpg
172 KB, 800x600
>>64728823
i tried to get this sort of thing started once ages ago and was universally reviled, panned, ostracised and driven out of /mu/ forever. i had to change my entire 4chan persona and backstory to sneak back into the fold undetected
>>
>>64723891
What the others said, learn some music theory. Your main synth line sounds like a preset (which isn't the problem at this stage) so maybe play with that a bit. Your high hat rolls are off, settle on a 4 bar loop that works and repeat it.
>>
>>64726104
I just bought the sure drum kit with the beta 52 and three 57s. No one can seem to figure out what akg is doing with the bogo deal, so they're going to call me tomorrow.
>>
>>64729012
okay, not a bad choice.

If you ever see a d112 on ebay or similar then grab it if it's around or under £100. Really great but also discontinued.
>>
>>64728589
The worst was when the threads were constantly sliding of the board and dying.
>>
>>64726960
Almost every synthesizer has built in sub/808 presets. Tweak those and learn from them. I usually throw a harmonic enhancer and gentle low pass after that.
>>
>>64729084
Will do. Everyone says it's personal preference, so I figured I'd give the kit a shot because it's like getting a free 57.

Thanks again for your advice. As soon as I'm done with dinner I'm going to see how things sound so far. Might clyp
>>
>>64728635
other people have spoken out against your ebin maymays too

you have your own echochamber board for that stupidity, this thread actually has a topic
>>
>>64729118
nah, shit/prod/ is worse than ded/prod/
>>
>>64728928
Why? Seems like a good plan? Why would anyone oppose it?
>>
>>64729211
yeah man, it'll sound good with the right placement and mixing. Sweet, i'll probably be heading to bed but if the threads around tomorrow i'll definitely be in here to check it out before work.
no worries, happy to help
>>
>>64728928
>>64728823
sounds balling. almost like the musikalicous wurfespiel (butchered the spelling i'm sure)

everybody brings something different to the table. Could be cool
>>
>>64729225
this post is a soundcloud kid post

do not respond to any posts like this one

it is a soundcloud kid post and giving it oxygen will only serve to derail the thread
>>
>>64729306
>shitposting and memes
totally fine
>telling people to stop shitposting and memeing
OHMIGOD LE SONDCLEUD KIDDD YOU RUIN ERRRYTHAAAANNNGGGGGG
>>
seriously though guys, do we need to bring the pestposter back here for a lesson in keeping memes in their boards?
>>
>>64729391
i liked pestposting

do i need to post that guy pissing on the stuffed animals again is the real question
>>
>>64729391

just uploaded my new mix, it's in 22 khz because that's the only export option my studio allows (it's a high end one with lots of mixing secrets they don't want to expose)

please give me some feedback on this my, it's like nothing you've ever heard before

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0cvYB4tk7jb

I asked my tutor what he thought and he said "eclectic"
>>
>>64729278
Guitar center had a roughed up d112 for 99.

eBay has a gently used / mint one for 140 shipped

What do you think?
>>
>>64729425
yeah, bad example. it singlehandedly outshines all of /pol/'s shit content
>>
File: you.jpg (388 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
388 KB, 1224x1632
>>64729490
>>
>>64729511
>DOOD! LIBRULS!
>repeat ad nauseum
there you go, your whole board summed up
>>
>>64729442
If you want feedback use
C L Y P
L
Y
P
>>
File: l.jpg (31 KB, 311x342) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
31 KB, 311x342
>>
File: 14231346.jpg (439 KB, 1050x1080) Image search: [Google]
14231346.jpg
439 KB, 1050x1080
>>64729538
>soundcloud kid is a hillary voter

top lel

>>64729561
DONT DO IT
>>
>>64729586
/prod/ - music production general
>>
File: 1462837377271.jpg (26 KB, 301x303) Image search: [Google]
1462837377271.jpg
26 KB, 301x303
what music does he make ?
>>
>>64729303
It doesn't have to be rythem roulette, I'm up for anything really, something to get me out of my comfort zone and like I say I think it will promote discussion here which these threads quite often lack. I also think it would encourage more people to get involved in giving feedback as those participating will have things in common with other anons posting their projects.

Sounds like there's 3 of us up for it so far the New?
>>
>>64729647
something for kiddies i'm sure
>>
>droves of idiots fall all over themselves trying to LE TRIGGER me whenever they catch wind of me being in a thread
but it's only ever my fault that threads go to shit, right? lol
>>
>>64729647
literally who
>>
>>64729675
you do seemed triggered though
>>
holy shit who cares about pol or reddit or nu males THIS THREAD IS FOR MUSIC PRODUCTION ONLY STOP
>>
>>64729855
hey look lol it's literally exactly what i was talking about in that post
>>
>>64729481
Well they're pretty solid so cosmetic damage wouldn't bother me personally. That said its a pretty small difference and if you want something a little nicer the pay the little extra. It won't sound any different unless it has really been beaten to death.
>>
>>64729920
except i dont try to trigger you it is somebody else who does it
im just pointing out you are triggered
>>
>>64729855
>>64729950
stop responding to soundcloud kid
>>
>>64729950
>it is somebody else who does it
it's nobody who does it

stop trying to play the UMAD??? game like literal teenagers lol
>>
>>64729950
>>64730039
you're arguing about literally nothing. I'm starting to think you're one person
>>
anyone have a mirror for the "Audio Engineering and Acoustics ebook bundle" mega? it is currently down.
>>
Does anyone here have enough experience with ableton and FL studio to tell me which of the two you prefer when it comes to chopping and sampling without bias or talking from ignorance? If you heard ableton is better or because that's all you use, then you are not the person i am looking for.
>>
>>64730337
"Tonal Harmony Textbook" is also down
>>
>>64730393
theyre both alright
>>
>>64724319
Pretty nice, though the intro is maybe a little too boring.
>>
>>64730222
/pol/ may as well be one person for all the originality and wit they share between them
>>
>>64726202
That's a ripoff
But what do I know, I only record local bands trying to make EPs to get the Engie credit.
>>
>>64730785
will you stop complaining about the originality of memes
>>
>>64730883
no
>>
>>64729511
I'm so gay, I would be getting fucked by my bf because it's his birthday if he wasn't in Ireland right now, and this shit pisses me off.
>>
>>64730945
thats gay dude
>>
i got this launchpad, but i usually use more than 8 tracks... should i just get another launchpad to have 16 tracks in front of me?
>>
>>64730964
Still not as gay as those reddit fags
>>
>>64730945
>>64731029
very unique
much different
such going against the grain
>>
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 750x1334
>>64731087
Are you SCkid? I'm not the dude from earlier. Just a legitimate homofag pointing out the shit that makes it suck to be gay.
>>
>>64731186
yes, and i know that's what you are. "gay guy who hates anything to do with the gay rights movement" is an established stereotype by now, hence my comment
>>
>>64730899
I wasn't the guy you were arguing with but seriously it's a meme get over yourself
>>
>>64731235
you get over it lol you like shitty derivative comedy and i'll take every opportunity to remind you of that
>>
File: scorn pepe.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
scorn pepe.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
STOP RESPONDING TO SOUNDCLOUD KID
>>
>>64731253
every meme on the internet is shitty derivative comedy
kill yourself please
>>
>>64731228
Or quite possibly I could be part of a marginalized portion of the gay community that still gets the "you can't possibly be gay, cigs white hetero shitlord" treatment because I don't choose to be a walking stereotype, and have perhaps grown bitter about said marginalization.
>>
>>64731296
who tf is soundcloud kid
>>
>>64731298
i know, and they're all terrible!
>>64731296
they dont have the willpower
>>64731319
possibly, but you could also be just a contrarian douche who happens to be gay
>>64731344
you've got a lot to learn
>>
>>64731344
Jorman Benitez
He says he isn't, but it totally still is.
>>
>>64731366
nope, still not jbenitex lol

go to the archives and read his posts or something for fuck sakes, we dont have anywhere close to the same posting style
>>
>>64731381
So how's the 5.1 setup Jebenny?
>>
>>64731414
i dunno, ask the guy who actually has it and still is not me lol
>>
>>64731356
if you've never liked a meme in your life how would you have ever found your way to a place like 4chan?
>>
https://clyp.it/yj0v30cx

How does this sound? Would this make a decent rap beat?
>>
why are musicians so angry all the time
>>
>>64731470
because i was a shitty teenager once too
>>64731535
because they can't take the thought of someone disliking memes or altright douches
>>
>>64731535
cuz they ain't got no money for drugs and hookers
>>
>>64731553
>calling a gay guy an altright douche
There's only one douche in here, and he doesn't fuck dudes (or probably anyone)
>>
>>64731592
>calling a gay guy an altright douche
not who i was referring to lol (although it wouldn't surprise me if he subscribes to all the non gay-hating parts of the alt-right worldview)

there's more than one person whining about me right now, you know (or you would know if you could follow a simple conversation i guess)
>>
i sexually identify as soundcloud kid
>>
>>64731705
nah, you just like ruining threads like the rest of the kool kidz
>>
>>64731741
i actually dont ruin threads though
>>
>>64731774
see: above
>>
>>64731553
post your music if you want to get all high and mighty
>>
>>64731786
i literally made 2 posts and youre mad as fuck why dont you chill out or something
>>
alright fuck this shit

i'll see you guys in another thread someday
>>
>>64731884
And don't come back.
>>
>>64731803
well you blend into the crowd of mouthbreathers very well
>>64731802
why should i? i'd much rather sit back and watch everybody make their valiant efforts to save the thread
>>64731803
>>64731774
>>64731705
>>64731592
>>64731556
>>64731535
>>64731470
>>64731414
>>64731366
>>64731319
>>64731298
>>64731296
>>64731235
>>64731186
>>64731029
>>64730964
>>64730945
>>64730883
>>64730222
>>64730012
>>64729950
>>64729855
>>64729586
>>64729511
these are all quality posts, right?
>>
>>64731897
www.reddit.com

You have to go back.
>>
>>64731897
>clicking every post that replied to you
>evidence that you *didn't* ruin the thread
Who exactly are you trying to convince?
>>
>>64731937
>manually typing out the contents of existing meme jpegs
HAIL

THE SAVIOUR OF /PROD/ HAS ARRIVED
>>
>>64731956
>evidence that you *didn't* ruin the thread
it IS that, i can only make my own posts. the crowd of people who engage with me are making their own choice to o so, yet somehow can remain totally blameless for the thread derailing every time? my ass lol
>>
File: D0xku2d.jpg (40 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
D0xku2d.jpg
40 KB, 600x450
>>64731897
Why don't you make like a tree and get outta here.
>>
>>64731978
but you are derailing the thread
>>
>>64731978
>who engage with me are making their own choice to o so, yet somehow can remain totally blameless for the thread derailing every time?
The ironing.
>>
>>64732002
but would i be doing that if there wasn't a bountiful and endless supply of dumbasses who choose memes as the hill they want to die on?
>>64732023
no, not really. but congratulations on being the 5 millionth person on the internet not to understand irony
>>
Help

someone tell me if this sounds promising and if it is already a song that has been made. im dying

https://clyp.it/n0msfqxo
>>
>>64732023
you're in a 4chan thread complaining about memes every day
>>
>>64732046
why do memes make you so upset
>>
>>64732046
Explain how you claiming that everyone thinks they are blameless yet you yourself think you are blameless isn't irony.
>>
>>64732083
you're in a 4chan thread complaining about somebody complaining about memes every day

it is fucking amazing how none of you possess the ability to apply what you are saying to yourselves before you try and use it against me
>>64732099
because they aren't funny and they make unfunny people think that they're funny and because look at the reaction it provokes when i insult memes, i must be doing something right to enrage so many horrifically stupid people
>>
>>64726110
Actually jungle's having an underground revival.

It's worrh pursuing I reckon.

I can't mix my jungle tunes amazingly. They never quite sound right to me.
>>
>>64732083
I am? Please feel free to point out whichever post I said something remotely along those lines.
>>
>>64732121
>yet you yourself think you are blameless
nope, gotta learn to read first champ
>>
>>64732152
So you share equal blame then? Fine. I never claimed I was blameless, learn some comprehension kiddo.
>>
>>64732150
he thinks you're me for some reason

see what i mean by unable to follow a conversation?
>>
>>64732182
You should pick up a trip then. You have to admit, the volume of posting you create when you do this is large enough to cause confusion.

Also large enough to to cause this. >>64732188
>>
>>64732179
>learn some comprehension kiddo
in response to
>gotta learn to read first champ
now you're just TRYING to be unoriginal lol
>>64732188
how could i ever stop with such golden reactions as these?
>>
>>64732223
it really isn't though, and fuck a trip, why would i let myself be filtered by alt-right edgelords?
>>
File: wg5P7W2~3.jpg (148 KB, 606x606) Image search: [Google]
wg5P7W2~3.jpg
148 KB, 606x606
Why are everyone arguing? Wasnt this a /prod/ thread?
>>
>>64732254
It really is though. It's not going to clear things up just because you claim to. Only you really know which posts you have made, which is a pretty hefty bias only in your favor.
>>
>>64732278
glad to see goatse making the rounds again
>>
jesus fuck, just rate my shit already
>>
>>64732325
its basically art
>>
>>64732285
lol no idea but shit is crazy
>>
>>64732278
>he's so addicted to defending epic memes that he needs to get himself banned to be productive
i still produce on all the days i do this lol, get some self control
>>
>>64732345
post what you got so far man
>>
>>64732254
>why would i let myself be filtered by alt-right edgelords?
So you don't have to whine about how people replying to you are shitposters all of the time. So maybe you can actually spend some time talking about production. But goddamn, would that make far too much sense for you to do.
>>
>go into /prod/ because most of the generals become drama filled shitholes
>right when I post it becomes a drama filled shithole

Oh boy!
>>
>>64732314
>Only you really know which posts you have made
i'm the only one on my side lol, still having trouble?
>>
>>64732345
yea post your music
>>
>>64732285
soundcloud kid
>>
>>64732360
>>64732376
nah im good
>>
>>64732372
Not me. Just pointing out some large logical flaws in your thinking. I know it's hard to image what another perspective might be, but at least apply yourself to another situation that doesn't revolve around you.
>>
>>64732409
oh ok that's cool, just asking
>>
>>64732423
dont pretend you know what logic is if you cant figure out which posts are mine lol
>>
>>64732473
I never said I couldn't figure out what posts are yours, can you even read? I was pointing out how you can't even imagine another perspective where somebody might not be able to follow your posts (because it has clearly happened more than once), and you automatically assume I'm not able to follow your posts. No fucking logic to that.

Then again, I assume your aim is to cause confusion and act superior when people don't follow your intentionally misleading posts.
>>
>>64732392
Who is that and what has he done?
>>
>>64732573
>you can't even imagine another perspective where somebody might not be able to follow your posts
... because it's so god damn easy, where are you even getting lost in this exchange? once again I AM THE ONLY PERSON ON MY SIDE, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS NOW THAT IT HAS BEEN SAID A SECOND TIME IN BIGGER LETTERS?
>>
>>64732619
he's responsible for everything annoying and faggy and he's anti meme and pro social justice

he's like the devil
>>
>>64732619
i tell peopole not to post shitty /pol/ memes and somehow it turns the thread into fucking nuclear winter
>>
>>64732689
>he's anti meme and pro social justice
as opposed to being anti-social justice and pro-meme aka literally every edgy teenager
>>
>>64732676
Goddamn. Is it really that hard to read a post before replying to it? It's like you can figure out what the individual words meant but when they're added up into a sentence, the original meaning is all lost on you. The public education system has truly failed.
>>
>>64732701
People shouldnt really post that stuff in a prod thread desu
>>
>>64732749
>dood i'm not saying that *I* don't know which posts are which im just like um uhh saying like um it could happen or something and YUR TOO STOOPID TO REALIZE IT COULD HAPPEN SO UR DUMMYFACE
pottery
>>
>>64732785
right? but somehow they think otherwise enough to do all of this about it
>>
faggots
>>
>>64732787
Man, your intellignce just shines through. Especially when you make the same arguments every time, and grasp at straws this hard. Who are you really trying to convince though, me? Or yourself?
>>
>>64732838
so
>>
File: notbanned.jpg (263 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
notbanned.jpg
263 KB, 1280x960
>>
File: xDDDD.jpg (136 KB, 725x1044) Image search: [Google]
xDDDD.jpg
136 KB, 725x1044
>>
>>64732785
>he started typing in a different style on a different ip to act holier than thou
Absolute kek
>>
>>64732852
i still have literally no idea what your fucking argument even is lol get some fucking coherence you dumbshit. how is "i'm the only one on my side" not all that needs to be said about this whole "which posts are which" thing that you keep whining about?
>>
File: reddit.jpg (283 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
reddit.jpg
283 KB, 960x1280
>>
>>64732919
or maybe
OTHER PEOPLE DISAGREE WITH YOU!
>>
File: faggots.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
faggots.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
you niggers have to go back
>>
>>64732923
I'm saying you should pick up a trip so you don't have to do this whole "you're all stupid for not telling which anon posts are mine" but every time, keeping your shitpost streams a bit smaller. But I know that's the opposite of your intentions.
>>
>>64732868
>>64732896
>>64732927
not gonna report you anymore lol i know that's what you want and it's even funnier if i have to leave you to leave me on your own willpower (which we've established you don't have nearly enough of to actually do so)
>>
>>64732919
I am not him lol. I just think that prod threads should be about music production
>>
>>64732971
but i dont NEED a trip to be identified because, for like the fucking fourht or fifth time now
I'M
THE
ONLY
ONE
ON
MY
SIDE

YOU ARE WILLFULLY NOT PROCESSING THIS INFORMATION AT THIS POINT
>>
>>64732974
i just want you to shut the fuck up basically
>>
>>64732949
You could have just not replied to that, instead of incriminating yourself.
>>
>>64732994
>>64732785
my mistake, this guy is ... kinda on my side, but he's identifiable as a separate person to anyone with a brain stem as well so no differentiation really needs to be made
>>64733021
lol no detective /prod/, we really are 2 people

you fucked the case again, one of these days you're getting demoted to beatcop
>>
Chopped this together in a few hours. Still need to add the sub bass. What does /prod/ think of what I have so far?

I want to make it a bit more jazzy maybe with some dub background.

https://clyp.it/zt0hlhba
>>
>>64732868
>>64732896
>>64732927
>>64732963
I was banned 1 day for saying that Marina diamond has nice breast, but you can post all this dumb shit?
>>
>>64733068
it sucks
>>
>>64733076
the mods probably killed themselves t.b.h.
>>
>>64733077
So does your whore mother but I'd still rat her 7.5/10, fuccboi.
>>
>>64733000
>I'M
>THE
>ONLY
>ONE
>ON
>MY
>SIDE
It's a good thing too. But seriously, there's multiple reasons to trip, not just one. All the bad /pol/ baddies will filter you so you won't get all of those sweet (you)s from them, so you will be truly blameless. Plus people can come back for your plentiful advice, since they'll remember a helpful trip like you. And finally, you don't have to spend large swaths of thread acting superior about how you're the only one on your side.

What do you have to lose? If you really just wanted to shitpost all of the time, it wouldn't make sense to trip, but if you're truly earnest and not just being facetious, then there's no reason not to trip.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.