[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planning on getting into Death grips, is this a good place to start?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: Bottomless_Pit.png (166 KB, 1280x1284) Image search: [Google]
Bottomless_Pit.png
166 KB, 1280x1284
Planning on getting into Death grips, is this a good place to start?
>>
Money Store
>>
>>64719937

Just start with exmilitary, this >>64719977 or your pic related.
>>
>>64719937
Exmilitary is the only one worth listening to
>>
>>64719937
Hot Head is, but the rest of the album isn't. Start with Exmilitary to get a feel. Once you're comfortable, go to The Money Store, move on to NLDW, then The Powers That B. You should probably leave Government Plates out of the equation. There's a reasons it was free. (but You Might Think He Loves You For Your Money But I Know What He Really Loves You For It's Your Brand New Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat is a fuckin' GOAT track, one of their best, actually. So listen to that, but not the rest of the album.)
Bottomless Pit is just OK.
>>
>>64719977
>>64719977
This. Maybe Exmilitary if you're a hip hop fan.
>>
>>64719995
sure if ur a pleb lol
>>
listen to all of them in any order you like

listen to the ones you like again

don't listen to the ones you don't, except for the songs you did like
>>
It's the best entry point except for Exmilitary
>>
>>64720001
But what about Ann Bonny, Birds and Whatever I Want?
>>
>>64719995
it's not the only one worth listening, but it's their best one. so start with exmilitary OP
>>
>>64720322
Birds is OK. Whatever I Want (Fuck Who's Watching) kinda goes down a path that goes nowhere for me. Anne Bonny is ... eh.
>>
>>64719937
It wouldn't be a horrible starting point. But it will have you thinking Death Grips are more accessible than they are. It's probably their easiest album to get into.
>>
>>64720127
absolute madman
>>
>>64720127

Woah what the fuck man
>>
>>64719937
I wouldn't feel compelled to listen to the albums in any specific order, people rate the albums wildly different. Personally, the album that hooked me was Government Plates and listened to their older stuff afterwards. I could see BP being a good first album, as Eh and Ring a bell are so fucking good
>>
>>64720001
nah it's still their best pleb
>>
>>64719937
Start with Exmilitary and go release order from there.
>>
>>64720127
a logical response? you're on the wrong website pal
>>
>>64719937
yeah it works
>>
I never understand these threads. Just start at the beginning. The hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>64720953
sometimes a band's first album sucks ass while their later output is GOAT
>>
>>64719937
Death Grips EP
Exmilitary
The Money Store
No Love Deep Web
Government Plates
Niggas On the Moon
Fashion Week
Jenny Death
Interview EP
Bottomless Pit

In that order
>>
>>64720994
>>64720953
>sometimes a band's first album sucks ass while their later output is GOAT

This. Music isn't anything like a TV series, pal.
>>
>>64719977
This
>>
>>64719937
You can start with BB Poison and Houdini actually. It sounds enjoyable for eerybody
>>
>>64720001
Almost all of their albums were free
>>
>>64720001
>GP is bad
how wrong can you be
>>
>>64721015
What about their rare and obscure tracks.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.