[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How fucked am I?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1462134867958.jpg (66 KB, 700x601) Image search: [Google]
1462134867958.jpg
66 KB, 700x601
>be me, doing a music performance course at college
>you get put in bands and you cover songs at college gigs and get graded
>be socially retarded, shy doesn't even describe it, however I don't get stage fright
>made one single friend the entire time I've been here, I'll just call him Chad, he's this loud extrovert guy who talks to everyone
>everyone else is in bands with their friends and my band is just me and Chad
>Chad is the singer, I'm the guitar player
>Chad listens mostly to top 40 radio hits, Ed sheeran esque acoustic music and Soul, rap and shit
>He doesn't take rehearsing seriously, just thinks he can wing it
>Doesn't realize I need to get my shit tight or it will sound like shit, all he thinks about is his singing, he doesn't give a fuck about the instrumentation
>One of the songs we're doing is fucking Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls, I fucking hate this song
>We have no drummer or bassist
>I asked a guy a few times to drum for us and he said yeah but he always makes excuses when I say we should rehearse, he also doesn't own a drum kit at home so I doubt he can even play
>Have no other connections in my classes so I asked this rocker girl if she would and she said yeah and then backed out
>Nobody to play bass

tldr; playing a college gig in 2 weeks, singer doesn't give a shit, we never rehearse, unreliable drummer and no bassist, what do?
>>
>inb4 Iris is a good song

It's an alright song, it's just to overplayed and fucking lovey dovey, it makes me physically ill listening to it, it's also the most fucking boring song to play on guitar and sounds like shit unless you play the original tuning version, which basically kills your guitar because it's like BDDDD or some shit
>>
Seriously guys I need advice, I can't back out and not play because then I'll fail the course
>>
Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls is a great song fuck you
>>
>>64719793
email the one in charge of the course
>>
>>64719793
Drop the chad, play a classical piece.
>>
>>64719932
this
>>
>>64719793
date rape chad
>>
>>64719793
learn percussive guitar styles
get a loop pedal
get a drum machine
practice with recordings
easy fix boi
>>
>>64719793
this proves again if a singer doesn't at least play one instrument he is not a musician
>>
>>64719793
can you not just do an acoustic version of iris with no drums or bass? just you on guitar and chad singing? otherwise just pick a different song that doesn't require a bass
>>
>>64719793
I'm preety sure Chad can play Iris on the bass
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.