[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pick one and explain why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: postpunk.png (645 KB, 697x662) Image search: [Google]
postpunk.png
645 KB, 697x662
Pick one and explain why
>>
>>64719431
The Pop Group - Y
>why?
Y
>>
Metal Box

It really captures the anti-punk/anti-pop inaccessibility sound that I think post-punk was going for while still being enjoyable upon discovering and redisovering.
>>
For me it's This Heat: intelligent, nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
Didn't care for Pere Ubu
Really liked the Pop Group
Have been meaning to hear This Heat
Don't know the other one
>>
>>64719431
none of them they're all garbage
>>
This Heat just never clicked with me. I love the other three, but that Pop Group albums is one of my favorite albums of all time, so I have to go with that.

BTW, to anyone who's only heard Pere Ubu's album material, be sure to check out their early single "Final Solution", it's just fucking awesome - one of the best, if not THE best art punk tracks.

As for PiL I keep moving between their first 3 albums on which is my favorite
>>
Metal Box

As much as I like This Heat, really, their standout work is their self titled debut. Public Image Ltd.'s second album is an utterly genius and incredibly creative concoction of going against the norm, which used to, ironically enough, be going against the norm. This time we take influence from dub music, krautrock, and various other forms of experimental music to create this odd "punk rock" record which is entirely unhinged, cold, and eerie.
>>
>>64719484
Y not?
>>
It seems like The Pop Group is the least well known of the four, but the most influential...
>>
Who cares, they're all poseurcore for edgy 16 year olds
Pop Group is the worst one though, I don't know why people pretend to like this commie garbage
>>
pere ubu because i like that shit
>>
Deceit > Y > Metal Box >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Modern Dance
>>
>>64719717
because it's funky, it's powerful, and it sounds neat
>>
>>64719671
I'd say they're about as well-known as This Heat, basically only among fans of post-punk.
>>
>>64719732
Y > Metal Box > The Modern Dance > Deceit
>>
>>64719732
>>64719769
"no"

Meal Box > Deceit > Y > Modern Dance
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.