[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who thinks Hesitation Marks was better than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: ninhm.jpg (230 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
ninhm.jpg
230 KB, 658x658
Seriously everyone gave NIN shit for HM. The singles were bland, but as a whole album I think it was better than the new Death Grips or new Radiohead and everyone is praising both of those.
>>
I think HM was great, but let's see what the new album brings, and we can compare that to BP and AMSP
>>
I wonder if the new NIN will get half as many threads as Radiohead.

Hesitation Marks was the best NIN since The Fragile imo.
>>
NIN is dead, they didn't release the Bluray of 2014-2015 tour.
>>
>>64714043
not a chance

My favorite since Fragile was Year Zero, but HM is definitely up there
>>
>>64713529
As a NIN fan, I couldn't get into HM as a whole. I can see what Trent was trying to do, and I do like Came Back Haunted and Everything, but a lot of the songs dragged on longer than they needed to and I lost interest in them after a while.
>>
>>64714355
hey friend. as a long time NIN and music enthusiast, your post has me intrigued.

would you care to tell me why it is that of all of the marvellous songs that grace the tracklist of hesitation marks, you actually thought that the blink182 meets trent fuckfest that is everything isn't anything short of the worst song in an otherwise extremely consistent discography??

thanks for reading
>>
>>64715701
dice
>>
I fucking loved HM. Came Back Haunted, Dissapointed, In Two, Copy Of A...I pretty much like all the tracks.

>>64715701

I enjoy Everything as well, the lyrics get darker and Trent's vocals are actually pretty desperate, hating on this song is a pretty big meme which I don't get. It is definetelly not their worst song.

The worst song NiN ever made was "Wher Is Everybody" the lyrics on that thing are atrocious, don't get me wrong, I fucking love The Fragile, but the lazy "IYNG" rhyming in there is seriously distracting especially with Trent putting such an emphasis on it with his voice.
>>
The whole album is about getting addicted to drugs. Everything is meant to sound like someone in the middle of drug addiction. It's supposed to be a clusterfuck.

This isn't super-deep analysis, it's obvious as fuck, and anyone who takes that song in isolation rather than how it clearly fits into the arc of the whole album is a fucking mong.
>>
>>64716254
I genuinelly don't get people who claim Everything is too "happy" or "poppy" It gets kinda spooki in the middle when it becomes a cluster fuck.
>>
>>64716289

Exactly. Even the lyrics mirror this incredibly obviously, going from euphoria to sudden dread and anxiety as the clusterfuck bass drums and chorus kick in.

Right in the middle of an album about drug addiction and people seriously think it's meant to be a pop-punk Blink 182 tribute, jesus fuck.
>>
>>64716351
Trent deals with so much stupidity around him. People are quick to judge the music from beginning. I respect Reznor for still doing what he does even though people are too dumb to actually realize what Trent is doing.

This has been happening to Trent all the fucking time, from Closer which is seen as a "lust" anthem. And "Big Man With A Gun" to some people is seen as a song that "makes them feel like a man"
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.