[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
currently listening to this after listening to AMSP why did no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: In_Rainbows_Official_Cover.jpg (49 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
In_Rainbows_Official_Cover.jpg
49 KB, 300x300
currently listening to this after listening to AMSP
why did no one tell me IR was so much better?
>>
>>64713032
It's not...it has higher peaks for sure though I'll give you that
>>
>>64713032
Because everyone on /mu/ is a pleb who doesn't think IR is a 10/10
>>
In Rainbows is objectively the second best Radiohead album behind Kid A
>>
>>64713032
its not?
>>
>>64713032
It is for lords
>>
>>64713032
jigsaw falling into place is fucking GOAT
>>
>>64713491
>2nd worst song on the album
>GOAT
lol
>>
>>64713513
FUCK YOU!!!!!!
>>
> tfw got into OK Computer/Kid A/The Bends/Hail to the Thief/Amnesiac 8 years ago, but still haven't gotten around to listening ot In Rainbows or any of their other recent albums
>>
>>64713539
its so overrated man. most people I know who think its GOAT have only listened to IR like twice.
That and Faust Arp are just weak tracks.
Best songs are Weird Fishes, and Bodysnatchers.
>>
>>64713491
Best song on the album family

Probably top 5 Radiohead songs of all time, too
>>
>>64713419
Lol that's funny considering OK Computer is their best.
>>
>>64713684
>radioheads 2nd most overrated album
>better than their most overrated album
lel
>>
>>64713491
What the fuck is your problem, Bodysnatchers is the ultimate best
>>
>>64713684
>>64713419
Most of my favorite Radiohead songs are on Hail to the Thief and Amnesiac. I realize HTTF is just a bunch of songs thrown together, and Amnesiac is the leftovers from Kid A, but I find them much better than their other releases. I guess it just goes to show, concept undercuts quality (the Pete Townshend rule)
>>
>>64713759
>I realize HTTF is just a bunch of songs thrown together,
Unlike Kid A or In Rainbows?

>Amnesiac is the leftovers from Kid A
Not leftovers. It's the second album compiled from those sessions. It was always intended to be released.
>>
>>64713032

It's not "so much better," but I could see how one would think it's better. It's a lot less subtle in it's beauty.
>>
>>64713859
Yes, Kid A is literally the definition of concept album.
>>
>>64713056
Correct, this and OKC are the only 10/10s in the discog.
>>
IR is really good

Faust Arp and House of Cards are kind of meh though, but there are parts I love about them.

It's really hard to discredit Nude, Weird Fishes, All I Need, 15 Step, Reckoner, Jigsaw or Videotape

Bodysnatchers kind of falls in the middle, although I adore that middle section

That being said, In rainbows is only my fourth favourite radiohead album
>>
Reckoner is LITERALLY the greatest song of the 2000s and beyond so far
>>
>>64713032

I don't think it is. If anything, I think AMSP is a direct improvement on IR in most respects. IR has tighter songwriting but that's about it - musically and lyrically I prefer most of AMSP.
>>
>>64714781
The music and lyrics are the two largest foundations of songwriting you idiot
That being said I agree with that statement about AMSP being superior to IR.
>>
>>64714823

When I say tighter I mean there's less meandering. AMSP tends to float about with abstractions here and there while IR generally "gets to the point". I'd say from a sheer accessibility level IR is a much more snappy, digestible album. It has nothing like Daydreaming, Ful Stop, or Tinker Tailor on it; at worst there's what, House of Cards? Beyond that, I don't think it has much of anything on AMSP.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.