[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KID A DISCUSSION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: kida.jpg (95 KB, 1024x1001) Image search: [Google]
kida.jpg
95 KB, 1024x1001
>Your thoughts on this album as a whole?
>What songs symbolize the album for you?
>What songs do not feel like a part of this album?
>How does this album compare to other RH stuff?
>>
File: 1242112-bigthumbnail.jpg (132 KB, 450x281) Image search: [Google]
1242112-bigthumbnail.jpg
132 KB, 450x281
As a start, I will post my commentaries I intended to post on another thread that 404'd before I was done:

1. "Everything in Its Right Place"
>Beautiful and haunting, sets the tone for the rest of the album. Very wintery feeling. Superficially calm-sounding, but you can sense anxious longing on the inside. I have this mental image of being in a buzzing, busy airport or a train station by myself, seeing a lot of people around me but despite that feeling lonely and longing for inner sense of peace.

2. "Kid A"
>I have always considered this track to be a transition from Everything in Its Right Place to The National Anthem. Mental image of standing in a log cabin in the woods, where it's warm and cozy, staring out from the window and observing the heavy snowflakes slowly falling.

3. "The National Anthem"
>Anxious feelings from Everything in it's Right Place hit the peak in this track and you can sense desperation and cacophony that is screaming "I don't want to be here!". A mental image of protesters being taken down by the security forces and the police next to a G8 meeting.

4. "How to Disappear Completely"
>This is the most painful track for me to listen to. It is so emotionally loaded that I only tend to listen to it separately when drunk. There is something extremely haunting about Thom repeating a self-helping piece of mantra to himself, desperately trying to distance himself from circumstances he is in. I have a mental image of being able to become invisible and observing people from a distance like a ghost.
>>
File: kida51.jpg (92 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
kida51.jpg
92 KB, 500x250
5. "Treefingers"
>I have a personal theory that Treefingers has an actual healing effect on the brain's nerve cells or to connections in between. Listening to it feels like my mental exhaustion is drifting away and I feel myself to be in a better place. I have a mental image of walking around in Chernobyl on a slightly rainy morning, all by myself, observing all the stuff and memories people have left there.

6. "Optimistic"
>This track kind of breaks the continious flow of the album, but I don't know if it's intentional or not. I just personally feel this track kind of separates or breaks apart the flow, and attempts to set a new undertone to the rest of album. Optimistic sounds more like something OKC-esque than Kid A-esque. There is something strange about this track, as if it's a temporary attempt to touch a different theme within the boundaries of the artistic concept of this album.

7. "In Limbo"
>This track features a sound that is similar to the falling tone. Kind of disorienting, makes me picture some weird physical sensations, such as being able to lie flat on your stomach on the pavement, floating above it and slowly drifting onwards.
>>
File: tumblr_mxhlxjYhpA1rf1mb7o1_1280.jpg (535 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxhlxjYhpA1rf1mb7o1_1280.jpg
535 KB, 1024x768
8. "Idioteque" (Radiohead, Paul Lansky, Arthur Kreiger)
>This track is genuinely haunting in a sense it makes me imagine some skynet-esque robot takeover. I feel like this track is a passive-aggressive attack on the fact that most successful people are dead inside, the philosophical zombies. The energetic beat is very pleasing, has a nice rhythm that accomodates my anxious feelings and entertains them in a manner that they won't feel displeasing, as if this song understands my anxiety disorder.

9. "Morning Bell"
>This track pictures me a strong mental image of cemeteries for some reason. I feel like this song has a very strong connection with a message of dieing or suicide for some reason. At the same time, I feel a calm, knowing that we all are going to die some day and find peace in a place far away from this world.

10. "Motion Picture Soundtrack"
>This song reminds me of a true story in my art school where a former young female teacher in her 30's, after getting a renowned prize for her art gallery, actually committed suicide in the House of Artists in my hometown. This is actually one of my favourite songs, and I have feelings of butterflies in the stomach, feeling love and longing for something unearthly beautiful and haunting. This song illustrates me how it feels like when you have accomplished something you have been wanting for your whole life and then you feel so happy that you feel like your fear of death is completely vanished and you wouldn't care if an asteroid impacted right now and took away your life and everyone else's around you.
>>
To me, it's less wintery-feeling and more "the icebergs are melting". The book that came with the special edition CD really drives this home, you can probably find a .pdf of it.

Dr. Tchock = Thom Yorke
>>
>>64712376
Mm, a booklet? What is that booklet about? Sounds kinda interesting, can you describe further?
>>
Morning Bell

Motion Picture Soundtrack

How to Disappear Completely
>>
>>64712293
Lel fuck this album

Who /AMSP/ here?
>>
ad never even seen a shooting star before. 25 years of rotations, passes through comets' paths, and travel, and to my memory I had never witnessed burning debris scratch across the night sky. Radiohead were hunched over their instruments. Thom Yorke slowly beat on a grand piano, singing, eyes closed, into his microphone like he was trying to kiss around a big nose. Colin Greenwood tapped patiently on a double bass, waiting for his cue. White pearls of arena light swam over their faces. A lazy disco light spilled artificial constellations inside the aluminum cove of the makeshift stage. The metal skeleton of the stage ate one end of Florence's Piazza Santa Croce, on the steps of the Santa Croce Cathedral. Michelangelo's bones and cobblestone laid beneath. I stared entranced, soaking in Radiohead's new material, chiseling each sound into the best functioning parts of my brain which would be the only sound system for the material for months.

The experience and emotions tied to listening to Kid A are like witnessing the stillborn birth of a child while simultaneously having the opportunity to see her play in the afterlife on Imax. It's an album of sparking paradox. It's cacophonous yet tranquil, experimental yet familiar, foreign yet womb-like, spacious yet visceral, textured yet vaporous, awakening yet dreamlike, infinite yet 48 minutes. It will cleanse your brain of those little crustaceans of worries and inferior albums clinging inside the fold of your gray matter. The harrowing sounds hit from unseen angles and emanate with inhuman genesis. When the headphones peel off, and it occurs that six men (Nigel Godrich included) created this, it's clear that Radiohead must be the greatest band alive, if not the best since you know who. Breathing people made this record! And you can't wait to dive back in and try to prove that wrong over and over.
>>
>>64712502
Wew lad

>>64712518
Is that a copypasta or not? I am confused.
>>
>>64712912
its from the p4k review
>>
My favorite album.

Kid A and Treefingers symbolize the album for me, these are the two songs, for me, that really set apart the mood of this album from others.

Every song on this album fits in well i can't think of a song that is out of place.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.