[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Music for this feel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1462768313765.jpg (74 KB, 740x746) Image search: [Google]
1462768313765.jpg
74 KB, 740x746
Music for this feel?
>>
Xiu Xiu
>>
This new trend of faux-meta-sincerity where you pretend you're being honest about your insincerity through the very use of collective insincerity itself as a meme is only furthering the death of true insincerity, propagating the rise of meme identification, and causing an even further rift between genuine human expression and the insecurities that have killed it.

So probably vaporwave
>>
Sufjan Stevens
>>
>>64710753
Accurate
>>
>>64710735
>crippling depression

More like apathy, jealousy, and self-pity. Tumblr it's are so overly dramatic.
>>
>>64710833
>This trend of showing your insecurities and being sincere is actually really insincere and fake because you're just following a meme.

Why didn't you just say that?
>>
>>64711736
*tumblrites
>>
File: yel.jpg (390 KB, 1896x2700) Image search: [Google]
yel.jpg
390 KB, 1896x2700
>>
>>64710753
I was feeling a little down but this fucked me up, lol, thanks tho, real nice music
>>
>>64711833
Thank you, I needed that laff
>>
File: Bootsy Player of The Year.jpg (23 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
Bootsy Player of The Year.jpg
23 KB, 220x220
>>64710735
>>
>>64710735
father john misty
>>
>>64711801
Because that's actual sincerity, memes aside. It only makes sense in the context that it's a specific reaction to what came before it, which is post-irony. To describe a reaction to something, you must know that it's a reaction, not a movement in itself.

If post-irony didn't come before it, all this could actually be taken as them legitimately showing their own personal insecurities in the interest of being sincere. But because it did, they're doing nothing more than turning it into an ironic meme which they can further dehumanize themselves behind.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.