[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he no longer Relevant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
discuss
>>
>>64710665
Not at the moment, maybe if he puts something out longer than 30 minutes
>>
He was relevant at one point? I like his music, but never thought he was really relevant
>>
He's toking on the ciggie like it's a joint the absolute GOOFBALL
>>
his music's fun but there's nothing else to it, background tunes for PBR parties who refuse to play future or jcole

i'd like to see him record a neo-psychedelic makeoutvideotape-esque 20 minute jam with lots of feedback and adlib lyrics
>>
Why do people care if artists they don't like are "relevant" or not?

It's like you kids need constant validation.
>>
He's as relevant as you think he is. I keep up with his cover songs and videos of him recording for the next album, so he's kinda relevant to me.

If you don't keep up with him then he won't be relevant.
>>
>>64710665
"relevant"? what is he, a satirist?
>>
>>64710665
he'd be good if everything he released didn't sound exactly the fucking same
>>
He's relevant in tumblr fashion for the sub-vicenarian set.
>>
>>64710665
relevant to what?
>>
I just don't think a lot of people have caught on to the fact that he isn't talented
>>
>>64710665
Wait until that new shit with MGMT drops
>>
File: big mac.png (620 KB, 639x478) Image search: [Google]
big mac.png
620 KB, 639x478
>>64710665
mac needs to do something soon. he hasn't been capitalizing on his buzz as well as he could have been. salad days was released over two years ago, and wasn't nearly as good as 2. another one was okay i guess. all he's done since is some covers and release more demos and shit. he needs to up his output, and possibly make more than one song since all his shit sounds exactly the same. he keeps making swingin party by the replacements over and over again, he's got to branch out.
>>
>>64713033
Salad days was if 2 was actually mature though
That said, he hasnt been relevant since 2
>>
>>64710806
fuck's the difference?
>>
>>64713171
well then mac is better immature because salad days sucked dick
>>
>>64710845
this is something i've wanted from mac ever since 2 dropped
>>
mac reminds me quite a bit of young thug. they share a lot of similarities: being le epin goofballs, pitchfork approved, possibly gay, primary audience is white internet hipsters. only difference is young thug is thriving because he's shitting out new material constantly, mac's output has halted recently. mac can be indie rock's young thug and be even more successful if he just stops being retarded for a bit.
>>
>>64713248
he's been releasing something every year since 2012 dude
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.