[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that one album you can't listen to anymore because it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: The Downward Spiral.png (3 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
The Downward Spiral.png
3 MB, 1000x1000
>that one album you can't listen to anymore because it reminds you of an unpleasant experience/memory

What is it, /mu/, and why?

This album reminds me of when I used to constantly be angry all the time for no good reason. I was easily triggered over the stupidest shit. One day I snapped at a random stranger over something fucking retarded not even worth mentioning and they looked terrified of me, like I was some maniac about to kill them. I had never felt like a bigger piece of shit in my life. I especially can't listen to Big Man With A Gun without feeling those exact emotions again.
>>
>>64709945
Le essential bullied teenager core.
>>
File: team sleep.jpg (54 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
team sleep.jpg
54 KB, 500x500
As edgy as this may sound, I tried to commit suicide while "ever (foreign flag)" was playing in the background 4 years ago. I can't really listen to this album anymore.
>>
>>64709945
For me, I had a lot of emotions running high (depression, isolation, addiction) when I had TDS on heavy rotation, but revisiting the album every once in awhile always seems to provide some new insight, and serves as a reminder of how far I've come from all of that.

>>64710167
You never came back, to it, ever.
Sorry that happened anon
>>
anything that i listened to with my ex bums me out pretty hard for the most part

good if i need to cry i guess
>>
File: 6ths Hyacinths and Thistles.jpg (110 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
6ths Hyacinths and Thistles.jpg
110 KB, 700x700
I had a stephin merritt song playing when I told this girl I loved her for the first time. Later that night she said she could imagine us getting married...
Didn't work out.

Can't listen to any Merritt songs period, but specifically...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ9WLOra3CY
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8qhC7gFJxY

Not an album but mainly this song.
Looks edgy I know. But I was incredibly depressed at one point. Hated everything and everyone around me. The winters were in the negatives and that song made me calm back then. But I can't listen to it now without feeling bummed all over again.
>>
>>64711117
You've told this story before. Something about taking a walk on the beach and you two kissing when the lyric "shall we choose the date" happens?
>>
>>64711420
yep, i'm the same guy.
I'm surprised you would remember, i feel like that was months ago...but, yeah, i'm still dwelling on it
>>
>>64711547
I discovered that song because of you and I always picture that sequence in my head when I listen to it. You're lucky to have experienced something so beautiful. Gives me some powerful feels, so what happened with the girl?
>>
21st century breakdown/american idiot. i dont care because i hate green day
>>
>>64711580
it was the first time either of us had fallen in love. We both made a lot of promises we couldn't keep, and pretty much ignored the world around us.
I was cutting out of work too much and she ending up flunking out of school. Her family blamed me and after a few month it just wore her down and she started to blame me.

It came to a head one night when we were out dancing and she just refused to look at me the whole night. Just silently slow dancing, me looking at her, her refusing to look me in the eye. We held on a little longer, but that was the night we stopped loving one another.
>>
>>64709945
For a while a couldn't listen to bloc party - silent alarm and caribou - swim due to a traumatic trip. There's also a bunch that remind me of when I was more depressed, but I can still listen to most albums without issue now.
>>
>>64710045
Yeah but it's still great
>>
ok computer
>>
File: 613R825iQmL._SY355_.jpg (39 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
613R825iQmL._SY355_.jpg
39 KB, 355x355
>>
Pink Moon by Nick Drake. I used to listen to it with my buddy while we were both going through a really bad depression in 2010. He picked up a ridiculous weed habit, spending all his money on it all the time, and ended up developing severe schizophrenia. He's never been the same since. That album makes me pine for my buddy back so hard that I cry like a child before the first song is even finished. I can't do it to myself, it's too painful.
>>
Not a particular album, but the same idea:

Joy Division - Ceremony

I listened to this song every day before my shitty McJob @ age 18. My co-workers were 3rd world trash, the customers were drug addicted trash and I was bottling
up a lot of anger due to that. I never spoke of it, but hearing it just brings me back
and infuriates me all over again.
>>
File: Dear_science_album_cover.jpg (58 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Dear_science_album_cover.jpg
58 KB, 300x300
Not going into details was a depressing time in my life and made a ton of mistakes that lead me to where I am today. If I could change the past I would. pic related.
>>
>>64711859
different person, but i'm sorry to hear that, anon.
>>
>>64709945
That album reminds me of sucking a girls tits in the back of my car by the beach at 3am back in 2009. So many feels.
>>
Gogol Bordello - a mosher fell back onto me at a concert, then I fell back TOWARD some girl, but not on her. This pissed off her hippie idiot friend, who started pulling my hair and screaming on me. Then some guy said "nice suit" mockingly because I was wearing a coat (it was fucking snowing outside), and then some girl tried to pull the button of my coat off. These were all skinny hipsters and hippies. This type of thing, ironically, NEVER happens to me at real punk shows

Siouxsie & The Banshees - I was wearing a shirt I didn't care about with them on it as an exercise shirt - I was helping a friend move. A guy sees it, goes up to me, and starts harassing me because he doesn't see how I could like a band that I wasn't old enough to see, and tells me I shouldn't wear the shirt because of that. I still want to literally kill that guy.

New York Dolls - this one is the most annoying association because I really like this band, but I was at an NY Dolls concert and these scene kids start yelling "play Personality Crisis" after every song and when there are flowers on stage they say "those better be for Johnny Thunders" (as if there aren't 3 other dead members). I glance at them, and a guy grabs me by the collar and says "are you even a fan?!" One song later the whole group leaves the concert to go smoke cigarettes outside for the rest of the concert.

The bigger the concert, the bigger the assholes.
>>
>>64715352

This. SO much DXM taken to this album in high school.
>>
>>64715478
boohoo i had to work with poor darkies and serve poor addicts please sympathize :'(
>>
>>64715711
That's a shame about Gogol Bordello, the crowd I saw them with was by far the best rowdy crowd I've ever been involved in. People bouncing the fuck off of each other and acting wild as fuck, but smiles all round.
>>
In the Court of the Crimson King always makes me feel slightly ill because I listened to it for the first time while I had a really bad fever. Still listen to it because it's a good album tho.
>>
the entire Swans discography.
I had this contact who was a massive Swans fan but also many fucked up things, as a person I'd compare him to a living /b/, sexually a living /d/, ideologically a living /pol/ and religiously a living /x/. The worst part is that I'm only a month older than him, we've been living the exactly same time in the same city at exactly as long and we've taken the same steps in our lives, graduation and such. the most troublesome thing is that I see me in him if I wouldn't have any restraint, he reminds me of myself being something else in some other dimension, I keep analyzing the things he says and I've established that he really has an extremely similiar mindset than I do but instead of being nice, humanistic and being open to ideas he spams his own mindset and thoughts to other people without a care unlike how I retract most things I want to say because I fear they insult someone. he's anti-me, yet so close to my life, has always been.
>>
All the music i listened to when I was in high school reminds me of my ex and i hate her, so i don't mind listening to it. Because i love to hate.
>>
File: edgy.jpg (17 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
17 KB, 240x210
>>64718124
>>
>>64711859
Sounds like a scene straight out of Devil in a New Dress
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.