[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where were you when lp9 aoty confirmed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: aoty m8.png (6 KB, 318x164) Image search: [Google]
aoty m8.png
6 KB, 318x164
where were you when lp9 aoty confirmed
>>
Going to give it a solid week before we see some "what went wrong?" threads, fatassano panning it, and then /mu/ turning on it because its a hivemind
>>
>>64707069
if you're implying that's gonna happen because that's what happened with painting with you're wrong. the only positive reaction painting with got here was for less than an hour after its release with a few anons raving about it probably after they only got up to Vertical in the album. Within a day the opinion was more negative than positive. The pitchfork and fantanny reviews made it worse, that's for sure, but the response wasn't nearly as positive
>>
>>64707069
The album is perfect. It won't be panned
>>
>>64707033
How about AOTD?
>>
>>64707500
depends on who you ask

pitchfork gave mbdtf a 10 and i would be very, very surprised if they gave amsp a 10
>>
File: mh.jpg (90 KB, 951x462) Image search: [Google]
mh.jpg
90 KB, 951x462
nah album put me right to sleep
if that was their intent i'll change my score
>>
>>64707718
just because an album is relaxing and low-key doesnt mean its bad.. do you rate ambient music that low? what about things like gsybe?
>>
>>64707677
I'd go femminist for that 2bh
>>
A Moon Shaped Pool has the now noticeably 30 year old band, Radiohead, starved for ideas and doing things by "The Numbers." In a return closer to 2007's In Rainbows than their last record The King of Limbs, Radiohead return to poppier formulas and more tangible grooves with a distinctly lacking energy. There's no song on AMSP with the crispness of "15 Step," yet simultaneously very few moments of true intimacy as they mastered last album in songs like "Codex" and "Give Up the Ghost." The songs are in a vague halfway-point where the band is not really sure where they want to go, other than away from the lackluster reception to their last record. It's unclear if the inclusion of one or more filler tracks ("Desert Island Disk" in particular) and Thom's rather frail and unmoved vocal delivery is representative of artistic choices or aging rockers near the end of their careers. Ultimately, I paid $20 for the 24 bit WAV download and do not regret buying the record: it's more enjoyable music from Radiohead that I did not hear yesterday and, for the first time in a while, is music I can actually talk about with my friends. But I am left with a feeling that after years of waiting, little to nothing of substance came.
>>
>>64707033
the anco album started at a high rating too, got panned, and is now below fucking 3.0 on rym
>>
>>64707790
honest question montie, how old are you? are you still in highschool?
>>
File: qwe.jpg (80 KB, 1201x408) Image search: [Google]
qwe.jpg
80 KB, 1201x408
>>64707770
nah I like some ambient
i'll probably bump MSP to a 3.0 later this week
>>
>>64707887
sounds good m80. its a pretty unassuming album desu. which isnt really a bad thing
>>
AMSP is literally perfect to fall asleep to, and this is in no way bad.
>>
>>64707812
I am out of Highschool as of this month and I am now a freshman in college
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.