[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does one into Death Grips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: vP0RgIh.png (132 KB, 640x488) Image search: [Google]
vP0RgIh.png
132 KB, 640x488
how does one into Death Grips?
>>
File: Y4lDfwc.png (218 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Y4lDfwc.png
218 KB, 1200x1200
I got into them by listening to Exmilitary a couple times, not "getting" it, then a couple months later I get the random urge to listen to it, then go on from there.
>>
alcohol
>>
>listen to their music (optional)
>post memes
>>
have a girl break your heatr
>>
>Listen to Money Store
>If anything clicked, cool, you might be ready for some more
>Go from there

Seriously though, Money Store or Exmilitary will be the test. Niggas on the Moon and Bottomless Pit are probably the next in line after that. Government Plates and NLDW and Jenny Death are some real out there trips, but worth it in their own right if you're up for it.
>>
>inb4 someone posts girls can't into death grips copypasta
>>
Death Grips is just Pop with weird electronic sounds
>>
>>64704118
a girl broke my heatr once and ive been a cold man ever since
>>
>>64704147
Actually that's Animal Collective.
>>
I loved Ex Military and The Money Store. I kinda drifted off after NLDW then I heard GP which wasn't that great. Is Bottomless Pit as good as you guys meme it out to be?
>>
>>64704174
I would unironically argue that. You see every time i listen to a Death Grips song they all have a Pop song structure, or maybe pop rap. I love them but i never got the "Experimental trascendental Hip Hop"
>>
>>64704128
>>64703953
Honestly, just go in chronological order. Government Plates can be skipped, but make sure you come back to it later once you become patrish.
>>
I always liked industrial music so I naturally enjoy it. It's not for everyone, I don't even know why they're so popular.
>>
Surrender every ounce of humanity within you.
>>
>>64704406
I honestly think Fandango is the only reason they got as big as they did
>>
>>64704147
>>64704174
ok but how is pop bad you teenage spergs?

Pet sounds is one of the greatest albums ever
>>
File: ride_face.png (293 KB, 799x649) Image search: [Google]
ride_face.png
293 KB, 799x649
>>64703953
listen to Exmilitary/Death Grips EP/Deathbomb arc maybe
if you don't like that listen to TMS
if you don't like that listen to NLDW
if you don't like that listen to GP
if you don't like that listen to NOTM
if you don't like that listen to either JD or BP
if you didn't like any try a different band
>>
File: 1364504169923.jpg (284 KB, 1280x848) Image search: [Google]
1364504169923.jpg
284 KB, 1280x848
if you don't like it you probably aren't turning it up loud enough

it's very cathartic, so being sad or angry is definitely a plus
>>
1. build a time machine
2. go back to when you were 13
3. blast death grips in your basement before bedtime
4. there you go
>>
1. Be ANGRY
2. Listen to Exmilitary at high volume
You can now into Death Grips

I tried listening to Exmilitary while lifting weights, it turned out to be a great boost to my lifts and it was how I really got into Death Grips.
>>
>>64704091
I love that photo, looks like he's going to beat some wives.
>>
File: mcriddle1.jpg (177 KB, 452x452) Image search: [Google]
mcriddle1.jpg
177 KB, 452x452
>>64704128
This.

I saw the memes. I heard the praise. I gave Exmilitary a listen. Didn't like it. Gave Money Store a listen. Thought a few songs were alright.

Listened to Money Store again a few weeks later because I knew there had to be something to the albums I was missing since they were always so highly commended and I liked it a little more. Listened to the two on repeat in my car and after the 4th times I was into both. Did the same thing for Government Plates, NO LOVE DEEP WEB, Niggas on the Moon, and Jenny Death, except while I was at home doing miscellaneous shit.

Now Death Grips is one of my all time favorite bands. I was loving Bottomless Pit on the second listen.

Death Grips is an acquired taste. Like beer for a lot of people. You have to want to like it and you have be persistent if you want to like it. You probably won't enjoy it the first time, or the second, or even the third. But if you do like it you'll notice that you dislike it a little less each time and before you know it you've look down at your phone and realize you've listened to nothing but Death Grips for the last 2 weeks.
>>
Listen to ExM first
I know they are labeled as Experimental Hip-Hop, but DON'T GO IN THINKING IT'S HIP-HOP.
Makes the experience much better.
>>
Mfw I paid 350 last week for copy of exmilitary and I don't like it
>>
Opened the link to The Money Store (full album) on YouTube, immediately thought Get Got was catchy/hype af; kept listening and liked more songs; listened to other albums and liked more songs.

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>64707368
What the fuck man how retarded are you
Why didn't you sample it online first jesus
You deserved to lose that money you fucking retard
>>
everyone in this thread is a fucking faggot
>>
>>64707368
>he unironically bought an original Exmilitary pressing
please be joking my friend
>>
>>64707461
That's where you're wrong, fucko.
>>
you don't
>>
>>64707437
Everyone here said it was awesome, so I bought it. How did people buy records in the days before the internet? I prefer to read reviews and not ruin the experience by listening to it before hearing it on vinyl.

This is how I live my life. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
>>
>>64707480
Why would I be joking? It will only increase in value anyways so whetever. It's an investment.
>>
>Be paranoid
>Ruin life with sex,drugs, and violence
>Fall to the dark side and like it
>Snort a fat line of blow
>Wear a hoodie with the hood on and walk by yourself at night
>Blare NLDW in your phones

Sounds edgy? You got the right idea.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.