[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/daily/ - Daily Album Discussion (snuff jazz is for GARBAGE MINERS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83
File: october the second.jpg (212 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
october the second.jpg
212 KB, 1000x1000
It's most likely no longer Mother's Day

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow!

http://topsters.net/
>resurrected but keeps fucking up, just use paint for your charts honestly

https://synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension for space-time memery (aka "music") ever since plug deejay was musically aborted

http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff, updating again, welcome back damsjans!

Most importantly, have fun!

Previously, on /daily/: >>64672135
>>
first for snuff jazz
>>
first for a veritable amount of Jawou
>>
File: the lusty month of may.png (3 MB, 1680x1757) Image search: [Google]
the lusty month of may.png
3 MB, 1680x1757
>>64702671
second against snuff jazz
>>
File: drep.png (1 MB, 1478x1054) Image search: [Google]
drep.png
1 MB, 1478x1054
woah remember this? regis can bleep pretty well I guess

also radiohead still got it holy shit
>>
>>64702923
you seriously need to listen to you are my everlovin' already

fizheuer zieheuer and larks tongues are also fantastic
>>
File: full.png (3 MB, 1800x1665) Image search: [Google]
full.png
3 MB, 1800x1665
bumpin with daily listens.
>Scandinavian Star - s/t
It's minimal trance with the aesthetic of a modern tape ambient release. Tracks fluxuate from poor man's lo-fi vatican shadow to actually groovy chillwave influenced beats. Interesting, but largely hit and miss.
>Illusion of Safety - Historical
A healthy mixture of semi-boring dark ambient and unoriginal tape manipulation. Not offensive, it has its moments, but it's overall not very good. or interesting. not sure if i should give or take off points for having samples of spoken words that actually made me squirm.
>Itea - The House of the Deaf Woman and the belfry at Eragny
A greatly interesting plunderphonics released. Based around the discovery of obscure youtube videos, the release uses strange samples of home vacation videos, lo-fi nature walks, shitty advertisements, and whatever else the guy found in the deepest depths of the deep internet to create a strange clash of man and nature, glitch and beauty, all in 7 minutes.
>Echo Lane Afterschool Laughs Foundation - bikes clouds cranes phones
Was a big fan of their release Greenvale SodaPop & Clinic, which sounded a lot like the glitchy bits of Three Love Songs mixed with field recordings. This album was largely the same, except it introduced a lot of elements of freak folk and harsher drone. While it was interesting progression, it did make the album feel fairly cluttered in comparison to the effortless lightness of the previous release. Still, very good. Excited to hear more from this guy.
for real though, go listen to Greenvale SodaPop & Clinic. Shit's cash.
>秋山徹次 - Route 13 to the Gates of Hell: Live in Tokyo
First half is boring fingerpicking.
Second half is great minimalist electronic blues mixed with AP.
Conflicted. I'll give it a high 6 for now. Needs more listens.
what should i listen to next?
>>
>>64702923
listen to the breadwinner already pls
>>
File: backlog.png (53 KB, 752x613) Image search: [Google]
backlog.png
53 KB, 752x613
>tfw backlog
>>
>>64703701
>sister fawn
oh fuck I forgot that existed thank you so much
>>
File: descarga.jpg (17 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
17 KB, 500x500
>Flying Saucer Attack - s/t
Well that was seriously unexpected. This is one of those albums where the first few songs give you a wrong impression. I was expecting a shoegaze lo fi album but was actually greeted with some really nice krautrock influenced Tunes. Overall it was a really good album but it was really weird to go from songs like My Dreaming Hill to Popol vuh l and Moonset. 7/10
>>
>>64703191
fizzy zizzy is next desuchan
>>
>>64703338
no but for real tell me what looks good.
or just pick a cover that looks cool idk.
>>
File: 23freeform.png (2 MB, 2400x1400) Image search: [Google]
23freeform.png
2 MB, 2400x1400
death pit- bottomless nachos 1.99 (cheese extra)
does anyone really want to hear another opinion on this?
I dunno. people are hyping this up a lot, saying it's as good as the money store. I don't think so. the band is outspoken against lateral movement in artistic territory, which is cool, but perhaps to a fault. as they progress, they can't seem to hit anything else as good as their debut lp.
it sounds a lot like jenny death with the rhythms of niggaz on the moon, but like those, there's a good amount of filler-sounding material.
I really enjoyed "Three Bedrooms in a Good Neighborhood". I also thought that the opener was good, but the band has built themselves up in my mind as one of the best at starting off an album, so was a little underwhelmed. maybe because I expected to get my tits totally blown off in the first 2 seconds like GP, NLDW, or when bjork comes in on Niggaz.
i'll do the ranking thing now because death grips fans seem to love that

live from death valley>TMS>EXM=s/t ep>NOTM>BP=GP=JD=NLDW>interview>fashion week
>>
>>64704028
Disengage has a cool album cover

Have you heard his collab with oren ambarchi, Behold? I just heard it today and it was amazing.
>>
>>64703338
do the one with the cake on the cover
>>
>>64704607
>Live from Death Valley
>Better than Exm or Ep
Nah dude
>>64703338
Dude. Hex ; Or Printing The Infernal Method is one of my favorite Earth albums. I liked it a lot. Check it out
>>
>>64704621
oh yeah i love that record.
won't do disengage right now because i'm going in order with his discog, but thanks.
>>64704691
will do. that one looks good.
>>64704701
and i guess i'll get started with the earth exploration as well. thnx.
>>
new james blake is better on second listen, probably going to be like 6 or 6.5
>>
File: maycalender.png (3 MB, 2376x1836) Image search: [Google]
maycalender.png
3 MB, 2376x1836
Ready for the House was 2spooki but the repetitive strumming wears thin by the end
>>
>>64704701
I think fyrd up is the best song they've ever made
>>
>>64704972
Well that is like your opinion. Death Grips and Full Moon are my 2 favorite DG songs
>>
File: Country Chart.png (3 MB, 1201x1123) Image search: [Google]
Country Chart.png
3 MB, 1201x1123
Dwight Yoakam - Guitars, Cadillacs, Etc., Etc. (1986)
>bakersfield sound, neo-traditionalist country

Bland, boring, hokey, meatheaded, truck-driving, gun-toting, Trump-supporting AM radio country with a nasally vocalist and an awful Johnny Cash cover. Bro-country 20 years before that was a thing. Fucking horrendous.

>>
>>64705050
>Well that is like your opinion
of course it is, what else could that statement have been?
>Death Grips and Full Moon are my 2 favorite DG songs
those are really dang good, I love listening to death grips while driving.
right through ya sku-sku-sku-SKUUUUUUUULLLLLLglglglgwhoawoawoa
>>
File: hqdefault-3.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-3.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
What's some essential sad-core?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss49euDqwHA
>>
>>64705759
>>64704816
the whole playlist
>>
>>64705759
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e6D4mqpx9s
he literally starts crying
>>
>>64705816
yeah i'm gonna need more albums like this
>>
>>64705759
needed that, thanks
>>
>>64705759
the original isn't on youtube, but I never listened to Prince before, and then when he died a local radio station played him for hours, and some woman called in and requested that song "Sometimes It Snows In April". it wrecked me. so incredible.
>>
>>64705759
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyhmDYLXFto
>>
>>64706121
damn, the power of Prince even effects you nyar? he's so quintessentially 80s!

>>64705759
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG9ZH-1TSUQ
>>
>>64705759
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9GlC9GyF4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6b4s4ENfJU
>>
File: maxresdefault-3.jpg (191 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-3.jpg
191 KB, 2000x1125
>>64705759
Adding to my own sad-core shortlist with this fucking fan-made music video
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Gz0Jfp-jI

>>64705816
I've always felt like he's hamming it a bit
>>
>>64706486
lol don't I know it
but that's a tremendous song.
>>64706542
I love that song with all my heart but I don't really care for that video
the fact that footage was taken at all is in pretty bad taste.
>>
>>64706596
Yeah its of questionable taste at best
>>
Finalizing reviews. Round 2 part 2 comin' soon. Who /hype/?

Rev up those recs boys!!!
>>
>>64706683
o boy
>>
File: japanesememeguyhasaparty.jpg (88 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
japanesememeguyhasaparty.jpg
88 KB, 1024x768
>>64706683
h y p e
y
p
e
>>
>>64706764
btw I've always been wondering: does your name stand for "Tripfriend On The Spot" or does OTS mean something entirely different?
>>
>>64706683
>>
>>64705165
You're right sorry. I misread it as "Fyrd Up is the best thing they've ever done" didn't see the i think. Also Yes, i can't believe how good DG is for a car playlist.
>>
>>64706823
i assumed it was on the spot as well, like the ween song.
>>
File: Johnny OTS.jpg (27 KB, 369x500) Image search: [Google]
Johnny OTS.jpg
27 KB, 369x500
>>64706909
which also comes from the Porta-Potty. He might've named himself after that, though.
>>
>>64706823
Original Track Sound
Only The Stupidest
Owls Talk Shit
Open Top Sedan
>>
>>64706990
>Owls Talk Shit
it better not be this

Overly Talkative Stork
>>
>>64706823
>>64706909
as a connosieur of both the mollusk and /daily/ history OTS is definitely named after the ween song.
>>
the wrecking crew documentary kinda sucks
it's so disjointed and doesn't form a clear structure to drape the information on.
also the filmmaker is waaayy too in love with his own movie and he should not be narrating.

but I also watched the Cannon Films documentary, Electric Boogaloo, and that was fantastic
>>
>tfw wake up at 3 and can't fall asleep
Just fuck my dick senpai

Do I just skip this whole monday

>>64705149
Were you expecting anything else? You made a country chart, so clearly this is what you get.
>>
>>64706909
>>64706823
that is what it means because the mollusk was the first album that i gave a 5 to while /daily/ing
>>
>>64705149
my guy, you need to listen to Silver Jews or you will die.
>>
...are you ready?

>>64707303
I

FRICKING

KNEW

IT
>>
>>64707339
yes pleas
>>
File: Tourney.png (4 MB, 1300x1305) Image search: [Google]
Tourney.png
4 MB, 1300x1305
Round 2 pt. 2: I’M FISH Goes to Taste Town and Everyone Tells Him to Leave.

1. GFR
>Keith Rowe - Duos for Doris
I’m not afraid to say when I don’t get something, and I don’t get this. I didn’t absolutely hate it, but I just didn’t find myself enjoying something like this, especially not for over two hours man.
2.0- triangle’s friend Sarah moves on!

2. Misha the Handsome
>灰野敬二 [Keiji Haino] - ここ (Koko)
Fuck. Haino is a god.
9.5-

3. Herb Kid
>Canidas – Golden
Some really okay downtempo music, almost slow core-esque. Really simple songwriting that was sort of appealing, but just not really my thing honestly.
5.5- Nyar BARELY moves on.

4. SDC
>The No-Neck Blues Band – Meets the Clear People With Mystery Gypped
I enjoyed the psych-y folk aspects of it, but felt it was much too long and repetitive for something claiming to be “free.”
5.0- Kevorkian moves on!

5. Kevorkian’s Brother
>Big Pun – Capital Punishment
Was expecting to hate this, but I have a soft spot for Hip Hop like this. Negatives include the poppier sound, the funny but un-replayable skits, and the length. Dude has a pretty sick flow even if he is a bit stagnant (but aren’t some of the greats like MF and Cannibal Ox?) plus the beats and production were pretty consistently on-point. If you like East Coast “Golden Era” Hip Hop, give this a shot.
6.5+ Erudity moves on!

6. Triangle
>Various – Paket Aranzman
Stop reccing me Post-Punk guys, it’s not fair to other people who want to win. Not only was this an infectiously dance-y comp, but the range of influences was pretty staggering. New Wave, Ska, Punk, this was fantastic. Thanks slavs.
8.0+ Triangle just destroyed GFR’s mom. Fucking did a Diamond Cutter right into the pavement. Fucking RKO’d that ho like no one even knows. He moved on. RIP GFR’s mum.
>>
File: 1458527321491.jpg (72 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
1458527321491.jpg
72 KB, 720x690
>>64707394

7. I’M FISH’s backlog
>Isaac Hayes – Shaft
Hey. It’s motherfucking Shaft. What’s up? I should probably get more into this guy. Everything I’ve heard by him has been spectacular. I actually impulse bought this on vinyl despite not caring for the movie, and it turned out to be great. The long-winded solos, catchy-ass singing, and orchestration are all killer.
7.5- My Backlog moves on. Please don’t let him win.

8. Random RYM
>Obituary – Cause of Death
lmao this sucks. Thanks for nothing RYM. Hard to see the “angry” emotions in here with practically every song being the same, maybe with one part slightly different in the middle.
3.5- Yamir moves on!

9. GFR
>Sunshower
Surprised by the variability of this album. Yeah, it’s all City Pop, but no two songs sound alike and it’s obvious a lot of effort was put in to achieve that. It’s very basic pop music occasionally, but the jazzy instrumentations and blues guitar stylings were all great.
7.5+

10. Moregwessor Movenglut
>Colin Stenton – New History Warfare Vol. 2: Judge
Pretty good shit. Felt like I was hearing a lot of saxophone here. Not just a super full sound, but also a lot of the clicks, breathings, and inner workings of the sax. Maybe that was just me, but these extra features are usually awesome, but sometimes a bit distracting an not always adding anything valuable to the songs. Some very welcome experimentation nonetheless.
7.5+ Moregwessor Movenglut moves on.

11. Nate (friend)
>Moulttrigger – Birds
Local band. “Experimental” music made only from bird sounds. Honestly, the bird sounds by themselves would’ve been fine without the shitty electronic production. All of these are just tuned to the same instrument and played oddly. Boring uninteresting shit.
1.5+ Torts moves on.
>>
File: 1459567406623.png (531 KB, 644x641) Image search: [Google]
1459567406623.png
531 KB, 644x641
>>64707421

12. >Ethy Boy
Blue Montain Eagle – s/t
I loved the psych aspect of this, but the heavy country influence just didn’t do it for me. A lot of beating around the bush and not enough heaviness. But when it does hit it hits real nice.
6.0- Green Lamp makes a sick comeback and moves on!

13. Anonymousé
>Bernhard Gunter – Un Peu de Neige Salie
Didn’t really “get” it until the second listen. Really interesting stuff, actually. I thought I would come out of this hating lowercase/microsound, but this is actually one of the most interesting from this field I have heard yet. First and second track were meh, but I enjoyed it more as the album went on.
6.5+ Anonymousé moves on!

14. Tripfriend ots
>Aesop Rock – The Impossible Kid
Can see now why this is the 2nd best 2016 album on RYM. Absolutely fantastic hip hop, best release in years. I always adored this dudes lyricism/flow (the best Hip Hop lyricist ever???) but his beats are 90% of the time really lacking. Impossible Kid features fantastic electronic beats and his expected introspective and witty lyricism. Doesn’t seem to follow any modern Hip Hop cliché, and some may slam it for being “old sounding” but that’s probably what I love most about this.
8.5+ AOTY so far for me. Tripfriend OTS moves on! Nyar’s Dad is pinned in the corner, and Tripfriend On The Spot fucking Swanton Bombs him from the top turnbuckle. Don’t think we’ll be seeing any more of him for a while.
>>
test
>>
>>64707445

15. Thomas
>Mark Hollis – s/t
The sparce, ambient pop feel, the peaceful atmosphere, the slightly out-of-place jazz instrumentals…anyone who is a fan of Talk Talk should absolutely hear this. Not as good as Laughing Stock, but fantastic nonetheless.
8.0-, despite an amazing rec, Filthy McRottenDude will move on and not Thomas :/

16. Dogwanderer
>Jun Togawa – Tamahime-Sama
The zany humorous tracks as well as the occasionally fast-passed instrumentals really reminded me of Zappa, plus the 2nd and last tracks were fantastic, but overall this was nothing special to me. Some parts were unnecessarily repetitive and unsatisfying. Mixed bag overall.
5.5- Dogwanderer moves on.

Yamir please rec a good album. The fact that “Backlog” has gotten this far is so dumb it hurts. Misha also needs to come up with something amazing to get rid of Triangle’s friend Sarah. I feel like it would be really dumb if a non-trip won. No pressure though.

>>64707457
you passed!
>>
>>64707421
even if I didn't rec it to ya, Sunshower is great so I'm glad you liked it
>>
>>64707479
:DDD
>>
>>64707394
>>64707421
>>64707445
>>64707471
BY THE FRICKING WAY

Recs are now open. I would prefer two at a time but that is now moot. You can rec just one if you'd like.

Rules here: >>64421587 and feel free to rec something from my "to do" tag. Anything with no star rating is free game.
>>
>>64707311
next

>>64707471
hey you liked mark hollis! great album.
>>
>>64707394
>2.0-
why do you say things that are wrong
>>64707421
well i got one spot to advance. good enough. rip my mom.

rec: Battles - B EP
>>
>>64707563
Of course I did I have good taste *audience laughs*

>>64707565
>why do you say things that are wrong
because I have bad taste why do people keep asking this?

Also, added!
>>
>>64707562
Robbie Basho- Visions of the Country
Godspeed- Peel Sessions
>>
>>64707723
added!!
>>
>>64707445
>Nyar’s Dad is pinned in the corner, and Tripfriend On The Spot fucking Swanton Bombs him from the top turnbuckle. Don’t think we’ll be seeing any more of him for a while.
you are almost as big a faggot as Jeff Hardy for posting that

BUT I MOVED ON AT LEAST!
Destroyer always wins.
want 2 recs again? and what's your RYM? I forgot
>>
>>64707776
>almost as big a faggot as Jeff Hardy
holy fuck you take that back

https://rateyourmusic.com/~papasmurph1
>>
>>64707471
>get rid of Triangle’s friend Sarah
good luck, her next rec is Robbie Basho - Visions of the Country
and here's her other one if she makes it Karen Dalton - In My Own Time

as for my rec, let's see how far I can get off comps
VA - Psychegaelic: French Freakbeat
>>
>>64707805
oh shit

Tripfriend On The Spot just took her rec! >>64707723 should I do Karen Dalton first then?

Also, added!
>>
>>64707723
>Robbie Basho- Visions of the Country
fuck ok gotta get new rec from her
>>
>>64707837
do Jack Rose - Kensington Blues for her next round
>>
>>64707799
please tell me you don't own those arm things he wears
he was cool back in the day desu, that tlc match at wrestlemania x-7 was bonkers as fuck
anyway i'mma stop being annoying as fuck to rec you some tunes I hope you enjoy.

man man- the man in a blue turban with a face
Jackie-O motherfucker- flags of the sacred harp
>>
>>64707951
added!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>64707961
No, I meant the fact that you think I'm as big of a faggot as Jeff Hardy really hurt my feelings.

He's a good wrestler and can pull of some sick moves, but yeah I've never really liked him.

also, added!
>>
File: chrysippus.png (117 KB, 238x351) Image search: [Google]
chrysippus.png
117 KB, 238x351
>>64707988
>No, I meant the fact that you think I'm as big of a faggot as Jeff Hardy really hurt my feelings.
>mfw
I was just teasin mate, we all friends here
I really think you'll like man man, they've always somewhat reminded me of zappa in the their arrangements
oh, what did you think of Genius in France?
>>
>>64708065
Ik we're kiddin' and all but no more bein' rude!

I heard that years ago, but knew next to nothing about Zappa then. Listening to it now made me laugh my ass off. Weird Al is a funny-ass dude. He has to be a huge Zappa fan too, as he references some pretty specific songs/albums in that track.
>>
>>64707951
yer friends got good taste
>>
>>64708126
she sure does
almost exclusively listens to american folk, blues, soul, psych rock and garage though
>>
>>64708109
>I heard that years ago, but knew next to nothing about Zappa then. Listening to it now made me laugh my ass off
Same thing here, the voice lifted from "I'm the slime" got me good
>>
>>64707562
Rec -

Baaba Maal & Mansour Seck - Djam Leelii
>>
Still need recs from

Misha
Kevorkian
Eruditey
Yamir
Moregwessor Movenglut
Green Lamp
Anonymousé
Dogwanderer

One or two recs is fine. Albums or EPs. From my "to do" or not, just not rated on my RYM yet: https://rateyourmusic.com/~papasmurph1

>>64708744
added!
>>
Why does Sheikh to the Future have its release date set to 2009 in RYM?
>>
File: cover.png (614 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
614 KB, 600x600
albums I bought in Japan #5:

Chet Baker - Chet Baker Sings [Relisten]

I still love this. It's just an absolutely wonderful collection of songs about love. Chet Baker has one of my favorite voices because I'm into the whole female sounding guy thing. The songs are wonderful standards too, though I guess that's why they're called standards. Wonderful stuff. 5/5.
>>
File: shit tourney 4.png (1009 KB, 2000x1272) Image search: [Google]
shit tourney 4.png
1009 KB, 2000x1272
Eugene Chadbourne - The President, He is Insane
It's pretty bad man
The samples come out of nowhere and make absolutely zero sense, which would be fine if they weren't annoying and this album didn't approach moments of genuine greatness, as such it's difficult to tell what is a joke and what isn't
The B side is the most interesting part of this, it's 25 minutes of brain melting no fi drug music

Deep Jew - Ugliest Man / Dog Blood
Dunno what i'm supposed to feel here, like do they want me to be impressed or what
It's powerviolence with all of the seriousness and lack of self awareness of a 14 year old.
removing it from this I guess the sounds are pretty good, the wall of static is great
>>
Radiohead is good
>>
File: socialism-will-work-or-not.jpg (15 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
socialism-will-work-or-not.jpg
15 KB, 251x201
>>64707562
Blues & Roots, by Charles Mingus
New Brigade, by Iceage

Putting one of my favorite Mingus records out there and putting Denmark on the map. Lets do this!

Also, good morning /daily/! I am going to have a busy day, reading up on Marx, social democracy and Habermas.

What are your plans for today, friends?
>>
>>64711518
I liked what I've heard from Iceage, but haven't heard that one yet. Added!

Gonna work and play more Civ + listen to chart recs.
>>
>>64711562
New Brigade is noisy post-punk. It is pretty good.

What Civ you playing?
>>
>>64711594
Looking forward to it!

Civ V probably, but I also got Civ Rev 2 on my Vita, so I might dig into that a bit too.
>>
Did Dogwander review the new Radiohead yet?
>>
>>64708799
https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S64580229#p64595671
I already recced tho
>>
>>64711518
Just woke up, still a bit jetlagged, but going to school now. Have to finish some group project and then prob stay at school to work on my thesis the whole evening. Cool off afterwards with a movie I guess.
>>
Finally got around to Bottomless Pit. Love it. Feels like they're slowly heading back to their Exmilitary days
>>
>>64712493
What movie you gonna watch? :-)
>>
>>64712883
Probably going to finish A Brighter Summer Day, as I fell asleep in the plane while watching it (it is nice tho, was just tired af).
>>
File: fat-face-dog-big.jpg (30 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
fat-face-dog-big.jpg
30 KB, 600x399
>>64707394
>be fish
>be cuck with SHIT taste
>>
File: chart may.png (2 MB, 1643x916) Image search: [Google]
chart may.png
2 MB, 1643x916
Drake - Views
This started really strong, the first 6 tracks are outstanding and really display Drake's ability as a producer and lyricist, with some genuinely feel worthy moments. Drake is really good at making relatable songs that make himself look really bad, and he does this really well for the first bit of the album
by the 7th track the gimmick gets old, and the production lazier, relying on Autotune and Trap too heavily to get his point across, by then it's less like you can see yourself acting through drake and more like this is a guy that needs to grow up and has serious issues with the way that he treats women and those around him.

Flipper - ALBUM -- Generic FLIPPER
this was pretty dank, especially for the time in which it was made, it's kind of like Black Sabbath meets the clash, not much to say because it's probably one of those template albums off of which numerous bands based their sounds, but yyeah man I don't have a problem at all with this album
>>
File: Freeform May.png (3 MB, 3500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Freeform May.png
3 MB, 3500x1500
Yo this is funky af.
Everything on here is great. From the singing, to the very tight instrumentation, to the little girl saying 'Mighty Mighty', to Baby's screams, to his stories.

This gets a !.
>>
File: class war now.png (85 KB, 330x66) Image search: [Google]
class war now.png
85 KB, 330x66
>>64711518
Revolution soon?
>>
>>64707471
>Yamir please rec a good album
I'll try...

Jim o'rourke - halfway to a threeway
Daniel bachman - orange co serenade
>>
>>64713257
Do Paul's Boutique next
>>
>>64713457
what's the album with the '!!!'?
can't quite make it out
>>
>>64715283
!!! (Chk Chk Chk) - Strange Weather Isn't It?
>>
>>64715283
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/baby_huey/the_baby_huey_story__the_living_legend/

>>64715297
I think he meant the score
>>
>>64715350
thanks boy, didn't realize it was the one you were talking about in yer post
>>
>>64715403
yeah I kinda forgot to mention that
no problem!
>>
>>64714583
Dead - Musical Abortions
>>
>>64703701
t-trigger is that you
>>
>>64716010
where's my invite ;^)
>>
File: opps.jpg (2 MB, 3870x3790) Image search: [Google]
opps.jpg
2 MB, 3870x3790
>>64716486
what have i done
>>
>>64716010
the only thing thats dead is capitalism we just havent planned its burial yet
>>
>>64707394
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dalek/negro_necro_nekros/
>>
File: 43883-torch-of-the-mystics-1.jpg (91 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
43883-torch-of-the-mystics-1.jpg
91 KB, 500x500
>Sun City Girls - Torch of The Mystics
Wow that was amazing! I still have to listen to it a lot more to come with a score but that was Really fucking cool. O didn't expect it to be like this tho, i guess i did but shamefully i couldn't recreate the panic Attack i almost had when i first tried listening to it.
For now, i feel like
>Best song
Soace Prophet Dogon
>Worst
Not sure yet, maybe Blue Mamba
>>
>>64708799
I recommend:
Song: Ohia - The Magnolia Electric Co.
and for dessert
The Angelic Process - Weighing Souls With Sand
>>
what to watch? (that's not synecdoche ny)
https://rateyourmusic.com/film_collection/herb_guy/wishlist
>>
>>64717295
Psycho's the only one I've seen there but it's good so do that
>>
>>64717295
Watch clue, that's a lovely movie
>>
>>64717295
Synecdoche, New York
>>
>>64717295
fallen angels if you wanna experience the 90s hong kong crime aesthetic in the most romantic and artsy way
>>
>>64717324
>>64717329
>>64717455
>>64717390
thanks!
>>
>>64717597
btw Eureka is absolutely fantastic so as soon as u have a lot of time on your hands watch it
>>
File: dog.jpg (62 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
62 KB, 615x410
>>64717633
it does look awesome indeed, i'll watch it when i'll have a free day
>>
>>64711788
>I had never even seen a shooting star before. 25 years of rotations, passes through comets' paths, and travel, and to my memory I had never witnessed burning debris scratch across the night sky.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (307 KB, 1000x899) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
307 KB, 1000x899
Hullo /daily/, what are you listening to?
I think I'll listen to the new Fire! Orchestra and other stuff. Got some catching up to do for 2016. What have you enjoyed from this year so far?
>>
>>64718012
Forgot my headphones today, so El Tren Fantasma
>>
>>64718076
wew lad
my phone has been broken for a while in the sense that it doesn't recognize any headphones so that's common for me
I should fix it or get a new one but since I usually carry an e-reader to fill the void I don't really mind
>>
>>64718012
>Hullo /daily/, what are you listening to?
Disfathom, one of the three new Sissy Spacek albums. It's 9 minutes, pretty good stuff.
>What have you enjoyed from this year so far?
David Bowie, Gerogerigegege, Dälek, Death Grips, Melt (the thing with Brian Chippendale & friends), xiu xiu, and Radiohead :^)))
>>
>>64718127
I've liked gero too. I also have to check out the new dälek, chippendale and xiu xiu. Also, new Haino/O'Rourke/Ambarchi. I suppose you've seen it. I'm hyped. Anything you're looking forward to from this year?
>>
>>64718012
Trondheim Jazz Orchestra / Jenny Hval / Kim Mhyr - In The End His Voice Will Be The Sound Of Paper
Saimtko Namtchylak - Like a Bird or Spirit, Not a Face

That ECM thingy was nice enough as well but these were great
>>
>>64718247
Noted.
>That ECM thingy was nice enough as well
Which one? The bell? Into the silence? A cosmic rhythm?
>>
>>64718207
All the stuff with Oren Ambarchi seems appealing, I believe there will be a new Brainbombs sometime this year, Swans of course, new Gorguts (actually gonna see if I can listen to it today, it looks to be out), otherwise I don't recall much but surely there's plenty of other good stuff coming up.
>>
File: 1635200.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1635200.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
>>64718012
Good morning. Starting off with some Smog. I've dug some Bill Callahan albums and scattered earlier songs here and there. This one's good so far, similar to his more recent stuff.

Favorite albums so far have been Motorpsycho and Oranssi Pazuzu. David Bowie and Deakin both had some of the best songs this year but also some weak tracks. Don't have an opinion on Radiohead yet, but I love "Daydreaming."
>>
>>64709636
they don't like fun
>>
>>64718304
>I believe there will be a new Brainbombs sometime this year
Neat. I'm also really looking forward to the new Brad Mehldau and Robert Glasper records, and hoping more artists put stuff out this year. The Idris Ackamoor record was a nice surprise.
Haven't really dug into it for now but 2016 is turning okay.
>>64718308
At first I thought the Motorpsycho record was something to do with Blackstar, judging by the cover.
>>
>>64718012
What is the difference between Fire! orchestra and Fire! ? I liked She Sleeps, She Sleeps
>>
>>64718513
Lineup. Fire! is a trio consisting of drums, bass and a sax, Fire! Orchestra is an orchestra.
>>
23freeform.png
2 MB, 2400x1400
>the devil makes three- s/t
alt-country, old time

really superb performances, and some songwriting that is enjoyable and receptive to singing along, I was slightly let down by the stripped down quality of the instrumentation (only three players in the band, one reason I like old time string bands because they feel so vibrant and full), and the songs were a little too simplistic at times. regardless, a good record. not super wild about the depressive, boozehound-at-the-end-of-his-ropes kind of lyrics either.
favorite songs: old number 7, the bullet

anyone have any old time recs for me?
>>
>>64718297
Cosmic rhythm, haven't heard the others, tho the bell seems better reviewed?
>>
File: Hasture_may_2016.jpg (1 MB, 1300x1102) Image search: [Google]
Hasture_may_2016.jpg
1 MB, 1300x1102
>Boredoms - Super Roots 6
>noise rock

Wild and weird but not that good. Filled with the odd samples, voices, beeps, and boops end up feeling like a avant-garde project more than fun noise rock. Though it does have a great solo drum track that pretty fantastic halfway thru.

>Boredoms - Super Roots 7
>noise rock

All I got to say is that 7→(Boriginal) is perhaps one of my favorite track out of the super root series. It's so joyous, its incredible.
>>
>>64718710
Is there no 4?
>>
>>64718297
Oh btw that Trondheim Jazz Orchestra isn't jazz. It is good tho
>>
File: beathappening.png (150 KB, 416x561) Image search: [Google]
beathappening.png
150 KB, 416x561
Beat Happening - Music To Climb The Apple Tree By
[2003]

>>
23freeform.png
2 MB, 2400x1400
deekin
sleep psychle
pretty underwhelming, what with the way people were talking about it. still very nice. I especially liked how it was just a few drawn-out songs. overall, it struck me as similar to sung tongs with the density of MPP. the closer, good house, felt a little out of place- but in a good way.
I really wish he had contributed to painting with.
favorite tracks: just am, footy
>>
greenland is right out
>>
File: alan vega martin rev club.png (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
alan vega martin rev club.png
21 KB, 500x500
Hello Kitty s/t Club > Teen s/t > s/t > s/tidal Tendencies > s/t Silence
>>
File: japon.jpg (37 KB, 368x373) Image search: [Google]
japon.jpg
37 KB, 368x373
>>64707445
I am surprised that I got through with a lowercase album
my next rec is Kinshi Tsuruta / Katsuya Yokoyama - Japon - Musique Millénaire
https://mega.nz/#!TMwBAbCB!DS_aasjIoMH7CEhV0YuBSh_3kJ_BOGbVBL0aXoXfUZQ
>>
23freeform.png
2 MB, 2400x1400
destroyer- my mystery (single)
a track recorded at the same time as his 2015 album Poison Season, My Mystery is unremarkable. slightly better than some of the other songs on poison season, this song would have been just filler in the context of PS. on it's own, it doesn't have much of a leg to stand on. it's not BAD, but it's far from single material. on side B there is a remix of my mystery by a "DJ [email protected]", whose name is stupid.
my mystery also has one of those really loud mixed, weird sounding snare drums that can be found in some 80s stuff like Prince.
I mean, Dan Bejar can and should do whatever he wants- Your Blues is a fucking killer album and it's all done with very cheap sounding synthesizers. Because the songwriting is so stellar, it doesn't even matter much. but here on My Mystery, we have a weird mix of garish sounds and an average song by Destroyer standards. it doesn't sit well.

sad and disappointed/10
I have such admiration and high hopes for destroyer, but what Dan wants to do recently is getting farther from my dreams. oh well, at least he has a large back catalog.
>>
File: selftitled.jpg (42 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
selftitled.jpg
42 KB, 200x200
>>64719941
what about the turkish s/t?
>>
File: cover.jpg (96 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
96 KB, 600x600
so i've been in the process of getting aquainted with jazz essentials of genres i've not yet, to any greater extent, listened to and today i've been listening to pic related
however i got to thinking, what's the best instrumental version of blue moon. im not to sold on the vocal performances and have rarely heard any instrumental version of it, haven't really been looking, though.
any rec?
>>
>>64703957
I've also been listening to this, pretty good album 7.5/10
>>
>>64720115
>osdm worship
nothx
>>
File: MI0000150704.jpg (30 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
MI0000150704.jpg
30 KB, 400x399
>>64720184
god, I love that record. that might be my favorite jazz record ever.
I can't rec you anything for blue moon, but i'd love to recommend you pic related. it's cool jazz with a latin (jazz) accent. also a live recording. I hope you like it.
>>
Don't kill yourselves tripfriends
>>
>>64720328
thanks for the tip
>>
>>64709899
thanks for sharing this <3
>>
>>64720328
Why not?
>>
>>64720328
thank you caring anon
>>
File: tumblr_nxy3624wpJ1ujlf8so1_500.jpg (24 KB, 480x453) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxy3624wpJ1ujlf8so1_500.jpg
24 KB, 480x453
>>64720328
>>
>>64720407
hey ho, did you know it's your turn with the listenalong next week?
because it is!
>>
>>64720442
o shit
How do i work this
>>
>>64720442
hey man
can I get on there?
I missed the signup for the second round.
I picked the album last july, if that timeframe means anything
>>
>>64720474
just think of an album until friday that you want everyone to hear! or at least the few people who participate
you signed up to this didn't you?
>>
>>64707562
Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third
You Am I - Hifiway
>>
>>64720513
I don't remember signing up but I'm okay with it
>>
>>64720507
hmm, if no one protests I'll add you to the queue
but make sure to participate more often in the next round
>>64720525
maybe I just fucked that up then, whatever
>>
File: Cover.jpg (191 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
191 KB, 1000x1000
Fire! Orchestra was okay I guess. Too many riffs and vocals for my taste and songs a bit too long, but probably something fans of their previous records will enjoy.
Also listened to some Andrew Hill which was of course good.
>>64718670
tho the bell seems better reviewed?
What do you mean? I haven't looked anything on it save the rym score which was below 3.00 (don't know why) last time I checked.
>>64720108
>Ryo Fukui just ok
Sad and disappointed/10 [2].
>>64720184
Only heard Art Tatum.
https://youtu.be/8Fj7Ny6lx5w
>>
File: 6038362.png (651 KB, 678x679) Image search: [Google]
6038362.png
651 KB, 678x679
>>64720699
oh maybe it was just karenin then, I don't know
currently listening to this from 2016, which is listed as "Electroacoustic, Glitch, Minimal Techno, Dub Techno" on RYM and that seems accurate so far. It's good but I'm only halfway through.
>>
>>64720507
http://pitchfork.com/news/65342-hear-new-music-from-edgar-the-beatmaker-aka-king-krule-in-boiler-room-set/?mbid=social_facebook
>>
>>64718127
hey I have no idea if you're still interested in labels that have a unifying aesthetic but here's another one http://hubromusic.com
>>
>>64720752
I am currently listening to Maple Leaf Rag from somewhere in my neighborhood. I don't know if it's a person playing or a record. But it plays it on loop a lot from time to time. I wish I knew who did it.
>>
>>64720859
cool, a friend of mine always used to play that on piano, it's a cool song.
Is that also the one where you use you're whole arm or am I confusing stuff?
>>
>>64720617
yey thank you
>>64720699
I felt that the parts of it that connected most with me are done much better by Vince Guaraldi
>>64720776
BLESS YOU LAD
>>
File: dancing robot.gif (27 KB, 60x60) Image search: [Google]
dancing robot.gif
27 KB, 60x60
>>64720892
your turn is already on May No. 21, so be prepared
>>
>>64720957
Is the schedule finished after that?
>>
>>64720980
yes, new round afterwards \o/
>>
>>64720957
I will be! :3
>>
>>64721020
Cool, maybe we could try something different? Like restrictions or sth
>>
>>64721071
something different sounds nice, could attract some more people too
>restrictions
how would that work?
>>
>>64720884
I wouldn't know. I know the song by heart at this point though.
>>64720892
Different styles I guess. Scenery isn't cool jazz either. I personally prefer Fukui by far myself, he can be merry and mellow at the same time. And Early Summer is a killer track, incredible playing there.
What attracts you more anyway on those records? Coolness?
>>64721102
Restricting people to good music only.
>>
>>64721156
>Restricting people to good music only.
eh, good music sucks
>>
>>64721102
Uh it was just an idea, the main thing was changing stuff up. But I guess people would enter with a restriction which would be randomized over the people?
>>
>>64721186
nice idea, could be fun
>>
hey /daily/, about to listen to the new radiohead today, hopefully i can enjoy it.

also, do you guys know any place where i can watch the hart of london? been looking around for it for a while.

>>64721182
>good music sucks
all music sucks
>>
>>64721705
>tfw The Hart of London will be /musicalabortions/ core and I'll start to resent it because you nerds will spam it so much
Please don't.
https://mega.nz/#!4Z8H2Rxb!1jhCx2YZCCLsxMYJXmmTaxByH4oRZjQWjPPPwbay5xo
https://mega.nz/#!kJMTTTqK!aNhkfNLWgD-nAWFDTJkQLCi653-ZOVUbP_PxkZWzqO0
>>
>>64721750
dont worry, im a film newbie so i most likely won't "get" the hart of london. it won't be the next musical abortions for sure, it's not meme enough.
>>
>>64721856
How about this "get" right here tho?
>>
>>64721750
keep the somedumbcunt trip bro

i think my gf is asleep or mad at me, i overslept, my arm hurts a lot and ive gotta wait like 3 hours for the drugs to start working to make my arm feel better. music for these feels? otherwise i might be giving out some relistens.
>>
>>64721922
>keep the somedumbcunt trip bro
you're not keeping up with the memes!
better stick to your drugs you fkin junkie!
>>
>>64721890
where is this "get" ?
>>
>>64718769
I looked it up, there is a rumor that its either because of some sort of copyright dispute or of a Japanese superstition involving the number four.
>>
>>64721978
oh yeah cunt left them here, watch dis
>>
>>64721970
This.

>>64722010
You gave the digits back to me last week, remember? Here they are.
>>
>>64721970
the irony is i dont want drugs right now but im in so much pain i need them lol now give me music ya fag
(tfw even anons call you a junky wat.gif)
>>
>>64722071
just take the drugs
it's cool to do drugs
>>
>>64722071
try jeromes dream - presents
good music for pain
it's also short
>>
File: gay hack haven.png (3 MB, 999x672) Image search: [Google]
gay hack haven.png
3 MB, 999x672
"haha"
>>
>>64722372
incredibool
>>
>HOEK - Hydra
dark, throbbing techno-ish stuff with a few noisy moments. It was an intense and engaging listen and it told a better story than most techno albums. Check it out if you enjoy the music of Andy Stott.
>NKC - Hague Basement
Actually quite similar to the previous album in terms of vibe, but it was a lot more repetitive and i didn't enjoy the tempo. This music is better suited to dance to.
>De Nachtdienst - s/t
Dutch hiphop mixed with live jazz instrumentation. I've heard some good singles from this group. The lyrics are a bit too train-of-thought for my tastes and the MC's attempts at rapping in English are horrendous, but overall the vibe his words give works well with the jazz . The instrumentation is not the best technically, but it's not bad at all. At moments the music goes more free-form than i would've expected from a group like this and at other moments it's similar to what BadBadNotGood did with that Ghostface album. Cool stuff.
>King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Nonagon Something
Not my type of music. Interesting attempts, but it faded to the background quickly and stayed there doing nothing for me. They're very good live though.
>Chambers - Sigma Flare 1
Ambient glitchy stuff. It was pretty good. A lot of "zjjjjj zjjjjj" sounds on the first two tracks. The last track was slower and more soundscape-ish. I liked that one the most.
>>
>>64722470
hey man what's up
>>
>>64722071
>give me music ya fag
this if ya havent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGhbiXwgYBw

also this since you like genghis tron and unicorns:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKHFhYup3LQ
>>
>>64721156
They are definitely different styles, fukui seems a bit more refined
>What attracts you more anyway on those records? Coolness?
I'm not sure how to describe it. Guaraldi is very playful, while very accomplished. It reads to me like he's having a whole lot of fun as he plays, but he's never goofing off. Stoic contemplation in the midst of joyous expressionism? Something like that. I like night lights so much because it's very cool, very reserved. It's paced really well, uses negative space well.
I've heard some really good miles Davis recordings that I thought were paced so bad it hindered the song.
>>
>>64722600
bubblegum sounds like HORSE the band a bit, and ive heard a brave little abascus album before though not this one, thanks? idk it's pretty and the guy's voice reminds me a bit of my own. i can already tell im gonna love it and im only 2 mins in
>>64722251
i'll check it after this abascus album
>>
>>64723162
nah don't check it out i don't think youll like it actually
>>
File: Cover.jpg (831 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
831 KB, 1000x1000
>>64722815
I think I kinda get what you mean. Lowkey intensity? Something like players with a lot of emotion that reflect it in a "formal" way? Cool jazz is probably what you should be looking for anyway (especially considering your two favorite jazz albums fall under that category). So maybe check out Bill Evans, it's like Fukui in a way but like you said, less goofing off I suppose. Other artists that might interest you are Dave Brubeck, Oscar Peterson, or Ben Webster (I think Ben has an album with Gerry Mulligan -and one with Oscar for that matter-), and Stan Getz (if you're interested in some more bossa nova/samba-jazz).
>I've heard some really good miles Davis recordings that I thought were paced so bad it hindered the song.
I'm just guessing, did you hear birth of the cool? I know that one has Mulligan on it. Either way if you still want to try to get into him, you can give a chance to his first great quintet (cookin'/steamin'/workin'/relaxin' with the Miles David quintet, either works), though they also include a fair deal of hard bop.
Anyway I personally am not very familiarized with Mulligan or Vince's styles of playing so I'm not the best to ask for similar stuff.
>>
>>64723162
>he guy's voice reminds me a bit of my own.
true haha

i love him, he's a great performer
everyone here who can't into adam's voice can into sucking my butt. you'll know who you are
>>
>>64723608
>you'll know who you are
hello you called?
>>
>>64723608
But his voice sucks ass and I don't like it, clearly I can't into sucking your butt.
>>
File: mizutani.jpg (12 KB, 207x300) Image search: [Google]
mizutani.jpg
12 KB, 207x300
>On a very dark night, it is as though I’ve killed someone
>What will satisfy your hunger?
>Someone dreams of you, yet you dream of no one
>What will satisfy your hunger?
>The birds of silence scattered–words of the night melted away
>No one wishes for you to halt
>Dark lovers reach the shore where all has died out
>We have already been branded with the black mark
>I cross a river of blood in your hands and when I’ve drained to a drop of nothingness,
>I believe you will give me my very first name
>You are my wound, and I wish to kill someone
>On this very dark night of the gentle assassins

What did he mean by this?
>>
Good night friends :3
<3
:*
xoxoxo
^__^
>>
>>64724078
sleep tight anon
>>
>>64723467
>Lowkey intensity?
Yes. That's a good way to put it. Listen to Guaraldi's take on "on green dolphin street" from in person. Way slower version, and Guaraldi fills the space with his playful, constructive 'voice'. That track is specifically what I like to get from jazz. Not that I don't enjoy things that aren't similar, of course.
I know of brubeck, take 5 is perfect. I think I heard Evans once but wasn't impressed. Will look into him again(?). I'll check out the others as well. Getz (with Gilberto) also wasn't impressive, but I heard that a long time ago. The rest of the record couldn't contend with Girl from Ipanema.
The Davis I heard was some live album my dad has, I think it was a posthumous release from a show in Berlin. Davis is so all over the place throughout his discog. I liked kind of blue, disliked on the corner. His amount of work is too daunting, I don't want to explore it now haha. Have heard workin' (or was is steamin'?) and thought it was ok.

Thanks so much for the suggestions. It's so wildly appreciated. This kind of thing is why I come back to daily every day.
>>
I just need Dogwanderer recs and to decide what I'm gonna do for my "backlog" rec. hmm...

>>64712465
added!

>>64713201
unfunny, even ironically boyo

>>64714694
>>64714694
>Daniel bachman - orange co serenade
added! I've already heard the Jim O'Rourke EP so is it okay to do Bachman first?

>>64716746
added!

>>64717243
I'm just gonna Listen to Magnolia Electric Co. s/t if that's cool.

>>64718710
>7→(Boriginal) is perhaps one of my favorite track out of the super root series
same

>>64720041
added!

>>64720524
added!
>>
>>64724580
>I've already heard the Jim O'Rourke EP so is it okay to do Bachman first?
of course. hope you enjoy american primitivism
>>
>>64724580
lov u
>>
>>64723173
lol ok
>>64723608
i agree, same goes for anyone who can't into little kingdoms or my voice

imma try to finish this little abascus album before my gf comes over and i'm forced to give her the cock for the rest of the day. i just relistened to givingbear's album, if you're an indiefag like i am i highly recommend it, favorite tracks are prolly cherubim, kaiah's, and luma
>>
>>64724522
Np friend. I don't like Gilberto either, maybe try some of his more standard stuff then anyway. And if you like Brubeck, Paul Desmond should be up your alley.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
24 KB, 500x500
Gonna listen to some more oldies and then I'm off to bed. Goodnight fellas.
>>64724905
>don't like Gilberto either, maybe try some of his more standard stuff then
As in, I don't like Getz/Gilberto, try some other stuff of Getz. I haven't heard any other Gilberto than the one with Getz I think.
>>
>>64724666
I do! Sick devil's trips!!!

>>64724790
:3
>>
>>64724905
Thanks man, now I got to reevaluate my whole backlog haha
>>
>>64717243
nvm that's what you recced in the first place I'm a dumbhead yo.
>>
http://exclaim.ca/music/article/boris_announce_pink_deluxe_edition_and_anniversary_tour
>>
>>64716506
>up against insignificance
fuck

>>64718012
top 5:

1. Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool
2. Anna Högberg Attack - Anna Högberg Attack
3. The Savage Young Taterbug - Shadow of Marlboro Man
4. Death Grips - Bottomless Pit
5. The Gerogerigegege - 燃えない灰 (Moenai Hai)

bottom 5:

5. Ulrika Spacek - The Album Paranoia
4. Crater - Talk to Me So I Can Fall Asleep
3. Field Music - Commontime
2. ZelooperZ - Bothic
1. Chairlift - Moth
>>
>>64727081
>fuck
yep, looks like its going to be me and misha

>>64718012
boris with merzbow - gensho
mats gustaffson - this is from the mouth
even oxen - arrayed above the seraphim lights

im hyped for the new haino/rourke/ambarchi collab thats coming out on the 27th
>>
>>64718012
top 10:
/f - The Fourth Bully
Lipgloss Twins - Doodle
David Bowie - Blackstar
Ytamo - Mi Wo
Even Oxen - Arrayed Above the Seraphim Lights
VAPERROR - Acid Arcadia
Chippendale - Gustafsson - Pupillo - Melt
Djwwww - Arigato
NV - Binasu
Itea - The Cold Hands of Sisyphus
>>
File: Tourney.jpg (126 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Tourney.jpg
126 KB, 900x600
hello /daily/

which pair do I do first?
>>
File: Sine Wave Solo.jpg (31 KB, 295x300) Image search: [Google]
Sine Wave Solo.jpg
31 KB, 295x300
im listening to pic related and its actually alright, i was kind of scared because i thought it was going to be ear piercingly painful based on everything that I've read about it but I guess those were just people that have never listened to onkyo before.

>>64728705
gfr and orz
>>
>>64725031
Is it bad that I really do not like Benny Goodman at all? Charlie Christian and Lionel Hampton are great but they barely get to shine on his records :(
>>
>>64728849
alright

will do today or maybe tomorrow if I don't feel like doing it today
>>
File: chart.jpg (138 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
chart.jpg
138 KB, 680x680
>Yes - Fragile
I have mixed opinions on this album. The three longer tracks on the album are really good and the last one especially really feels like it takes you on a journey, but the other 6 feel half baked and aren't very good imo. If they had just released the album with those three long ones like they did on close to the edge then this would have been an 8 for me. 6/10
Favorite Track: Heart of the Sunrise

>Massive Attack - Mezzanine
I really loved the dark vibes this album had throughout and how the beats focused on low and super bassy notes. The lyrical performances were varied which was nice, but some of them fell a little flat for me. Also i thought the album was a bit too long and kindof dragged at the end. 7/10
Favorite Track: Dissolved Girl
>>
Is Divine Memes From a Jail actually good?
>>
File: DMFAJ.png (702 KB, 1157x435) Image search: [Google]
DMFAJ.png
702 KB, 1157x435
>>64729388
awful taste. you might like glow pt. 2.
>>64729456
yes but it's lacking in the overtone singing department. as in there is little or no overtone singing. but eventually you accept that and take in the album for what it is.
>>
>>64729456
it's good but is too long and gets repetitive
>>
>>64729570
read: i haven't listened to enough trad to just take this for granted
>>
>>64729524
Sorry, I'll try and do better next time.
>>
File: molam.jpg (36 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
molam.jpg
36 KB, 300x300
Why is this so good?
>>
File: dohoho.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
dohoho.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>64729804
soz brah, there *is* no next time
>>64729870
in before hampus.
it's plain and simple a groovefest that goes on longer than any other groovefest of its kind
>>
>>64729870

>You will never hear the other 7+ volumes
>>
Who are your top 5 female artists?
>>
>>64730179
Kate Bush
Prince
Joanna Newsom
Fiona Apple
Joni Mitchell
>>
>>64730179
all these miscellaneous anon questions, i'm growing suspicious
1) Joanna Newsom
2) Tanya Tagaq
3) Eleanor Friedberger
4) Bulgarian State Radio & Television Female Vocal Choir
5) Amelia Fletcher
>>
>>64730260

>Tanya Tagaq

my man
>>
It's time to open a new daily! Please let it be that the next dai edition is "Nevermind the bollocks here's daily!"
>>
>>64730179
>Meredith Monk
>Áine O'Dwyer
>Nico
>Lydia Lunch
>Sofia Jernberg

>>64730260
I'm always unnecessarily suspicious when anons ask random questions here
>>
>>64730578
>It's time to open a new daily!
no it's not.
>>
>>64730578
Nah, and I've got the Tallis Scholars one saved atm.
>>64730646
I would have said Nico if it weren't for the fact the only album of hers I really love is Desertshore
>>
>>64730876
I also like the Marble Index and The End enough, and of course her singing on TVU&N is fantastic
>>
File: a4097828897_10.jpg (293 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a4097828897_10.jpg
293 KB, 1200x1200
This is pretty good
>>
>>64730951

The End is underrated desu senpai. Never understood why nobody talked about it.
>>
>>64731112
me neither, I think it's her best, I find desertshore inconsistent
>>
>>64731055
been meaning to get into these guys. is this a good starting place?
>>
>>64730232
you thought we wouldn't notice :^)
>>
>>64731173
no, I'd start with Ladybird
>>
>>64731245
thnx.
>>
>>64730951
I honestly prefer Chelsea Girl to those two. Think I just don't like the songs as much on MI or the guitar on End.
>>
>>64731055
Oh I think this was on the Quietus' Top 100 albums list for 2015. Guess I should check it out.

>>64731112
Eh, it's good, but imo her rendition of The End isn't nearly as amazing as The Doors'. It's good for sure, but the original makes for stiff competition, to say the least.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.