[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, this was fucking disappointing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 620x620
Well, this was fucking disappointing
>>
File: amsp.jpg (124 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
amsp.jpg
124 KB, 620x620
>>64698135
>>
>>64698135
I agree. Can't wait till' the hype dies in less than a week and everyone realizes it
>>
>>64698135
no, it wasn't
>>
File: 1462685650340.jpg (23 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
1462685650340.jpg
23 KB, 601x508
>tfw Burn the Witch might have already been the best track on the album
>>
Aaaaaand here come the contrarians. -_-
>>
Burn the Witch is the best song on AMSP and thats not good thing
>>
>>64698230
Spoiler: it is
Everything afterwards is a flat line
And I don't even like BtW
>>
>>64698244
just give it a few more listens
>>
>>64698135
tfw I wanted it to be good
tfw 3rd worst Radiohead album
>>
all posts i've seen so far not liking it haven't even said any reason why.
>>
>>64698456
on Identikit atm and haven't heard a single interesting chord progression save for maybe Decks Dark
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 342x231) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 342x231
>>64698338
post yfw you realize this
>>
>>64698456
I felt they tried to create an atmosphere similar to Kid A/Amnesiac but it just couldn't catch that same feel. So in the end turned out to be a bland snoozefest
>>
>>64698509
get some good headphones you poor progfag
>>
File: AMSP_Wojak.jpg (217 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
AMSP_Wojak.jpg
217 KB, 512x512
>>64698163
>>
>>64698135
learn how to listen to music without such a short attention span and maybe save criticism until at least the 4th listen.
>>
>>64698700
Progfag?
>>
>>64698135
>LOOK AT ME EVERYONE, LOOK AT MY OPINION, LOOK I HAVE TO MAKE MY OWN THREAD JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS HOW IMPORTANT MY OPINION IS
>>
>>64698244
>contrarians
you redditors love using this word whenever someone dislikes something you like

this is exactly how /mu/ reacted when TKOl dropped but everyone started hating it when the reviews came out
>>
>>64698135
Cool, thanks for the blog post senpai
>>
>>64698244
> -_-
>>
File: york.jpg (341 KB, 894x700) Image search: [Google]
york.jpg
341 KB, 894x700
>>64698540
mfw i realize this
>>
I liked Burn the Witch and though Daydreaming was a huge fucking snooze

Worth it for me to go through the trouble of listening to the rest?
>>
>>64699169
Listen to Decks Dark and then drop it
>>
I'm listening to Kid A again now and it shits all over AMSP
>>
>>64699248
that's what i was saying on >>64698569

really feel like this is getting way too much love
>>
>>64699169
>and though Daydreaming was a huge fucking snooze

The rest is even more of a snooze than Daydreaming.
>>
>put the singles on spotify
>not the album

fuck you thom
>>
I'll give it another listen but the first time literally put me to sleep. Glad the fans seem to love it though.
>>
>>64699291
Well that sucks, I thought Burn the Witch showed some promise. The strings contrasted against that bass synth line was cool
>>
A Moon Shaped Pool has the now noticeably 30 year old band, Radiohead, starved for ideas and doing things by "The Numbers." In a return closer to 2007's In Rainbows than their last record The King of Limbs, Radiohead return to poppier formulas and more tangible grooves with a distinctly lacking energy. There's no song on AMSP with the crispness of "15 Step," yet simultaneously very few moments of true intimacy as they mastered last album in songs like "Codex" and "Give Up the Ghost." The songs are in a vague halfway-point where the band is not really sure where they want to go, other than away from the lackluster reception to their last record. It's unclear if the inclusion of one or more filler tracks ("Desert Island Disk" in particular) and Thom's rather frail and unmoved vocal delivery is representative of artistic choices or aging rockers near the end of their careers. Ultimately, I paid $20 for the 24 bit WAV download and do not regret buying the record: it's more enjoyable music from Radiohead that I did not hear yesterday and, for the first time in a while, is music I can actually talk about with my friends. But I am left with a feeling that after years of waiting, little to nothing of substance came.
>>
>>64699331
>spotify
>>
>>64699342
Listen to the album and form your own opinion.
>>
For a Radiohead album this did not sound nearly as inspired as I hoped it would. It's still quality though.

I actually wish they continued on the electronic path that they had on TKOL even further.
>>
>>64699369
I will at some point, I just don't feel the need to drop what I'm listening to right now to do so.
>>
Burn the witch was pretty great, shot my expectations right up. I'm sure with time I will like the rest of it, but not at this moment.
>>
>>64698876
Wait, so...you guys will listen to an album and not know whether or not you liked it until you listen a few more times? That's so weird. Does that carry over into every aspect of your daily life? I can't imagine how hard it must be for people like you to form opinions on things. Like someone asks you if you like the food you're eating and you go, "Gee I dunno, I need to eat it three more times." If you got punched in the face would the experience be completely neutral for you until you got punched some more? Jesus, what blank slates of men you are. To think that your cognitive ability, not to mention your faith thereof, is so pathetically nonexistent that you hesitate to determine whether or not you enjoy something for fear of being incorrect in your judgment. It baffles the mind. I'm getting dumber just thinking of it. Fuck. Please tell me you're not serious. I don't think I can share a board--nay, a planet--with the likes of such spineless, cowardly weaklings.
golly gee, timmy york's cord porgressions are so unfathomably complex 0_o ...gonna take a few more listens t o complete my extensive theoretical analysis (all internalized and unrecorded, of course :P ))! maybe mommy will give me good boy points for comprehending the great intricacies underlying yorky dork and the radheads!!
I hate you. I hate everything you stand for. I hate the way you have infiltrated the once good nature of this board, and I hate the opinions you have yet to form. For my sake, for everyone's sake, please never post again. I realize you'll have to read this at least six more times to fully grasp the meaning behind these words, but once you do I sincerely hope you leave. Permanently.
>>
>>64699971
hehe pasta
>>
>>64698509
>unusual chord progressions is the only thing that makes a song good
>>
>>64699364
>Desert Island Disk
>filler
Delete this post.
>>
>>64699971
>one thing is one way so everything else is the same way
>>
>>64699018
>this is exactly how /mu/ reacted when TKOl dropped
Why do you lie you liar
>>
>>64699364
agreed
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10164839

Initial thoughts /mu/?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.