[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beatles thread! >most overrated song/album >most underrated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (507 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
507 KB, 1920x1080
Beatles thread!

>most overrated song/album
>most underrated song/album
>favorite band member and why
>favorite instrumental in a song
>favorite lyrics in a song
>have fun!
>>
>>64696945
is this were we post radiohead songs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTAU7lLDZYU
>>
glorified pop rock
>>
File: image.jpg (302 KB, 1035x1615) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
302 KB, 1035x1615
I loved their psychedelia phase fuck they were so on point!
Then they went back and appealed to the people.. The white album, abbey road and let it be might have have a few memorable songs, but they were unworldly when they were tripping.
>>
>>64696945
Let It Be, The White Album, and Help!
Yesterday
Magical Mystery Tour
Flying
Lennon. Paul is close, but those two are responsible for the majority of the songs that I enjoy from the band. Not that I hate Octopus' Garden or anything, but Ringo and Harrison just aren't on par, and Lennon held a greater role in my favorite Beatles songs.
>>
>>64696945
>Overrated
Sgt. Peppers
Abbey Road
>Underrated
Magical Mystery Tour
Beatles for Sale
>Favorite Band Member
Probably Lennon. Although I don't like him as a person I do think he was the most talented musician.
>>
>>64696945
here comes the sun / rubber soul

im so teird / majical mystery tour

paul cause he was the driving force of their golden years

sun king

the whole of strawberry fields t b h

>have fun!
how can i when radioheads new album is disapointing
>>
>>64698981
Forgot to add: "I'm Only Sleeping" is a hidden beauty.
>>
Revolver is their best album.
>>
She Came in Through the Bathroom Window/Golden Slumbers the best
>>
I'd say Hey Jude and Abbey Road or Sgt. Peppers even though I love both.
Martha My Dear and I feel White Album or Rubber Soul might be their most underrated.
Ringo because he's based.
Again Martha My Dear.
I'm Only Sleeping's or Here, There and Everywhere's.
>>
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.
>>
>hot onion incoming
The Beatles is v good. Extremely/really good rock band.
>>64699299
You know goddamn well I am checking those dubs, you son of a bitch.
>>
>>64699375
>You know goddamn well I am checking those dubs, you son of a bitch.
check this seventeen if you know what i mean
>>
>>64699418
holy shit i really got close without any preparation
>>
>>64699418
>18
Get fucked, shitmonger.
>>
>>64699443
what is wrong with me today
>>64699445
all i need is love
>>
Let It Be as song and album
Love You To as song, Rubber Soul as album
George, a compilation of George-led songs would probably my favorite Beatles album
Flying is pretty nice
In My Life is classic
>>
>>64699470
>>64699443
lol
>>
I love how unexpectedly disturbing some of their songs are. Rubber Soul isn't as consistently happy as earlier albums, but out of nowhere... Run For Your Life.
>>
>>64699299
Man, i love that b8, never gets old
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 637x638) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 637x638
>>64696945
>let's have a discussion!
>first question is most overrated
>>
>>64696945
Most overrated song is either Hey Jude or Tomorrow Never Knows, for different reasons. Album is definitely Sgt. Peppers.
Blue Jay Way and Rubber Soul.
Paul. He and John are just about equal in terms of talent, but I actually like Paul as a person.
The haprsichord solo in In My Life.
All of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.
>>have fun!
Don't tell me what to do!
>>
>>64699000
>>have fun!
>how can i when radioheads new album is disapointing
But it's not?
>>
>>64696945
Song: Hey Jude
Album: Sgt. Peppers
Song: Glass Onion
Album: Magical Mystery Tour (although that has become the go to underrated Beatles album)
Harrison... he seem to be into some weird shit (unlike Lennon who just pretends)
Blackbird
Mean Mr. Mustard
>>
>>64696945
come together
abbey road
it's all too much
a hard day's night
>favorite member
ringo
>>
>>64696945
Abbey Road / I want to Hold Your Hand
Rubber Soul / Lovely Rita
Paul, Lennon is darker but Paul has a very strong ear for lush songwriting
The horns in Goodmorning
Don't Let Me Down
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.