[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it mean when you find a $100 guitar that satisfies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: xaiembpmoxfplasc0lwi.jpg (22 KB, 620x309) Image search: [Google]
xaiembpmoxfplasc0lwi.jpg
22 KB, 620x309
What does it mean when you find a $100 guitar that satisfies your every tonal desire, /mu/? Am i pleb, blessed, or a blessed pleb?

I get sick to muh stomach thinking of all the dollars ive spent chasing an elusive tone that was ultimately available in this turd? Bananas.
>>
>>64694676
Mfw you pawn your PRS but keep that thing.
>>
Yeah beginner guitars allow for you to find your "sound". After that find a real fucking guitar that makes the wah wah not the weh weh noises you like
>>
File: 001919.jpg (562 KB, 900x747) Image search: [Google]
001919.jpg
562 KB, 900x747
>>64694869
Anon, why spend any further when you've arrived? Please say "frets" cuz thats the only thing that would make sense.
>>
>>64694676
It means you just discovered P90s
>>
>>64695472
Omg, why arent p90s on like everything? They are a real workhorse. I know i know, "muh noisey hum"... but everyone lets strats and teles slide even though theyre noisy.
>>
>>64695715
Yeah they're probably my favorite pickups too, but I do wish they were silent. I've been using low output humbuckers as a decent alternative lately.
>>
>>64695863
The humbuckers in the Gibson Faded SG Special have the tonal range of p90s without the hum, seems to me. Also priced to move at $750. Expect to upgrade to that in the winter myself. Try one out.
>>
>>64694869
Why shouldn't i just customize this beginner model with better tuners and electronics, maybe some strap locks?
>>
>tone chasing
>not pleb
>>
>>64696683
Well it can be if you do it to compensate for not being creative or skilled. Like guys who lean to hard on effects.

Bottom line is guitar players are meant to evolve into composers and performers.
>>
>>64694676

A guitar is essentially a plank of wood and pickups are essentially magnets. I have played tons of great Epi's like yours. I have a similar Gibson Melody Maker that cost me 300 dollars, I went to every shop in my city with 1200 in my pocket looking to get a solid number one. Literally played every Les Paul in Indianapolis that was under 1200 bucks and the 300 dollar beginner guitar blew them out of the water
>>
>>64694676
You must find your ideal sound on entry level guitar and practice amp and then upgrade it all to guitars and amps that cost 2k each, anon... Or else you'll never be good or famous.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.