[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are we supposed to hate this band again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: StrokesLogo600GbGb130812.jpg (77 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
StrokesLogo600GbGb130812.jpg
77 KB, 900x600
>>
File: me.jpg (11 KB, 255x191) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
11 KB, 255x191
>>64686688
You're not, they are bretty good 5/5.
>>
not sure desu. boredom, frustration, contrarianism, anti-rockism
>>
Is This It is the most overrated album of the last 20 years behind MBDTF
>>
>>64686688
/mu/ hates anything popular just because it is popular.
>>
>>64686762
Yup. So incredibly generic.
>>
>>64686762
nope. consistent af
>>
Everybody on /mu/ likes them, faggts like them secretly beacuse it's not "le obscure patrcician band xD"
>>
>>64686806
only by todays standards.. and prob because they spawned a million rip off bands, and influenced so much. at the time this shit was mega fresh
>>
>>64686853
Listen to Television and tell me this sound was "fresh" when The Strokes did it.
>>
>>64686900
Not that many people were up on Television back in 2001. The internet was still fairly primitive, finding out about obscure classic albums and bands like Television wasn't anywhere as easy as it is now. The Strokes obviously had access to that music at the time and had a vision and it worked.

Obviously they are a pretty big television rip off, but to 99% of people hearing them back when they broke, it was fresh
>>
>>64686900
Television doesn't have the same tightness as The Strokes
>>
>>64687045
I hadn't really considered that to be honest. Good point.
>>
>>64686688
The Strokes are underrated in the popular music lexicon. I think they should be a bigger name than almost any name in music now-a-days.
>>
they're on the essentials chart so this is completely invalid
>>
Only nerds don't like The Strokes. This is a FACT.
>>
>>64686688
Only recently heard their first album. Is there a reason the production is compressed to hell? My speakers aren't the greatest, but compared to other albums it sounds like it's being played through a tin can.
>>
>>64687712

Nothing wrong with your speakers, man. It's supposed to sound like that.
>>
>>64686900
Are they really like Television? I guess the vocals and the punky energy, but IIRC they don't have any of the melodic complexity.
>>
>>64687782
Why, though? Surely a bigger sound would be better.
>>
>>64688104
Because muh indie rock sound
>>
>>64688104

I personally think it fits the music better.
>>
>>64688316
Seems like the difference between the band being right there in front of you and listening to the band next door through the wall to me. Just a weird-ass thing to do.
>>
>>64686688
Generic indie pop rock that's melodically bland
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.