[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is "Vaporwave" just another shallow aesthetic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: all in ur head.jpg (30 KB, 402x599) Image search: [Google]
all in ur head.jpg
30 KB, 402x599
Aside from all the memes that gather around it, do you think there's a legit meaning behind most of the songs that Vaporwave artists shit out?
>>
>>64684547
> The meaning that exists in art is intentionally put there by artists and not just found by the people who experience it.

pls
>>
>>64684578
my slits have been opened
>>
Anyone who isn't meming on a high frequency knows that vaporwave is legitimate.

Hardvapour is the new genre, tho

dreamcatalogue.bandcamp.com
>>
>>64684547
>needing meaning in art
lol
>>
Vaporwave like a lot of genres (black metal probably being the best comparison) started off with meaning only to become so co-opted to the point that the aesthetic was the only thing left. That aside the 2010's sense of irony that first manifested itself in vaporwave is can still be seen just like how the punk mentality survived even after punk's arguable death in the 80's.

>>64684578
This too
>>
>>64684679
dont mind my ignorance, but what's hardvapour???
>>
try this, OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpDhSlD_7WA
>>
>>64684547
i'm sure we're going to get to the bottom of this in the thousandth thread that's been made about the topic
>>
can someone explain vaporwave to me?
>>
>>64686060
chopped, slowed and filtered retro samples that sometimes sound good
>>
I just thought it sounds comfy to listen to except for the 2deep4me borderline pretentious ones
>>
they just think its cool to not write music but instead sample old shit and then leave it unmixed so its ''raw'' when its just shit.
>>
>>64686060
V I B E S
I
B
E
S
>>
File: 1459120385675.jpg (101 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
1459120385675.jpg
101 KB, 1024x904
>when you hear a """"""""""sample""""""""""
>>
>>64686060
white hipsters make chopped and screwed music and lazy ambient that relies on retroism
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.