[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
James Blake - The Colour in Everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: jamesblake.jpg (2 MB, 3543x3543) Image search: [Google]
jamesblake.jpg
2 MB, 3543x3543
Lemonade-tier "experimental" trash.
Overgrown was perfect but this is unlistenable to me.
>>
>>64683664

neither album is experimental, but they are both great. The Colour In Everything is the better one for sure though.
>>
I'm a bit dissapointed too. It seems I'm listening to the same album 3 year after.
Put that away is great though.

I wish we could see something of the caliber of cmyk
>>
He peaked with his first album, it's a shame.
>>
Anyone have a link to it? Don't want to keep listening on spotify...
>>
>>64683664

i like it quite a bit but it definitely feels like he's not going to become anything more than a trope machine at this point, maybe i expected too much from this guy
>>
Except Lemonade doesn't even try or claim to be experimental.
>>
yeah I expected more from this as well considering how long it took to come out, I think his first album is his best.
>>
>>64683664
James Blake > Glastonbury 2014 recording (on Vimeo) > Most of his EPs > The Colour in Everything >>> Overgrown
>>
>>64683664
The Colour in Everything was really good though. One of his best recordings.
Self Titled was superb, best in his discography by quite a large margin.
>>
This might sound really plebby, but it seems really long. I think I would enjoy it more if it was around the normal 45-60 min mark. It just kind of sounds like he plays the same type song multiple times
>>
>>64683664

The Colour in Everything>>>James Blake>>Overgrown
>>
I agree op, Overgrown was the perfect length and had many memorable songs and moments. I couldn't even get half way through the new one because of how monotonous all the tracks sounded. Its like instead of doing well crafted songs with a mix of electronic and rnb he decided to go the opposite direction and wank over boring piano and vocal melodies that never go anywhere.
>>
>>64686100
this
>>
You guys do know it's not called the color in everything, right?? Can't tell if you're all playing the same really bad joke, or if you're all just dumb
>>
>>64686308
the albums so bad no one cares about getting the name right
>>
>>64683664
overgrown was fucking horrible.
>>
daily reminder that Blake went to shit after CMYK
>>
File: James-Blake-200-Press.jpg (43 KB, 608x608) Image search: [Google]
James-Blake-200-Press.jpg
43 KB, 608x608
What did you guys think of the 200-press ep?
Thought it was quite good desu.
>>
I thought Overgrown was really fucking good, but my Spotify premium ran out on Thursday and I have $0.07 left. I am doing some human testing at a local neuroscience lab tomorrow, that's a solid $40. Will I enjoy it? I've heard it's not as sad as Overgrown, which is concerning.
>>
what does this have to do with radiohead
>>
>>64686842
>went to shit after CMYK
damn, aren't you just forgetting some awesome eps, singles and of course the self titled album?
>>
>>64685861
had never seen that concert in glastonbury, awesome stuff.
>>
>>64687480
I think it's even sadder desu.
>>
>>64683664
>>64685915
>>64686169
its "The Colour In Anything"
not Everything, fucking plebs
>>
>>64688143
The Measurements ending was Magical and the I Never Learnt Share moment was so powerful.
>>
>>64683664
Overgrown was boring trash.
>>
>>64685861
>>64688143
>>64689217
Link? I can't find the vimeo
>>
>>64683664
>>64687245
correct opinions
>>
8.8 Best New Music

Screenshot this
>>
>>64689982
Hm, apparently I watched a different concert, one in Paris. Might be the same set though. And really awesome nonetheless.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2BVk5tWciI
>>
>>64690698
>>64689982
Uploading for your nerds pleasure now.
Seems like it was taken off of Vimeo.

Will post here~
>>
>>64690698
>>64690890
Thanks m8s
>>
>>64690698
It's like p4k was trying to make it impossible to watch. Can't they just keep the camera on the stage rather than jumping around every 5 seconds?
>>
>>64690890
got it off soulseek already, thanks though

apart from a couple tracks (lindisfarne I & II), it's the same setlist as the pitchfork concert.
>>
>>64689426
Digital Lion was pretty amazing
>>
>>64687480
it's sad and beautiful and i think better than overgrown but still maintaining the aesthetic
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.