[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I "get" Death Grips? I just don't understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
How can I "get" Death Grips? I just don't understand what I should be listening for and am frustrated.
>>
>>64682854
I remember as a kid fapping to the janet jackson bikini scene
>>
>>64682854
Just nofap for a while.
>>
>>64682854
They're just so catchy. Enjoy the energy
>>
There's nothing to get. It's a 5 year old meme that was never good, much like Lil B, Odd Future, and hip hop as a genre in general. It had its time and place but most should have grown out of pretending to like it by now.
>>
you don't. they're gimmicky meme rap
>>
>>64682868
Do you remember when that video debuted during the superbowl halftime show? That shit was crazy.
>>
>>64682884
That's the thing...I don't feel any energy from it. It just feels like I'm walking to Qdoba and the dude out front is screaming at me for money and I tell him I don't have any and he doesn't believe me. Then I come out of Qdoba and he screams at me again, so I run.
>>
>>64682854
There's no music that sounds quite like it, most people don't like them at first but you'll get them eventually unless you just don't like them. Its just so enerjetic and you can get so encapsulated in the music
>>
>>64683083
A great way to describe it is like joining a gang where they have to beat the shit out of you for you. to join, it's hard at first but after that it's fine
>>
I just feel like I'm missing out. Maybe it just scares me or something.

I just wish I could get into them like everyone else so I could participate here.

Is there something else I should listen to to work my way up to listening to Death Grips?
>>
>>64683171
What have you already listened to by them?
>>
>>64683202
Exmilitary and Bottomless Pits
>>
>>64683083
kek
>>
>>64683318
ExMilitary is good but has some good songs and bad songs, Bottomless Pit is good but it's not got the same feel as all od their other stuff, it feels really shallow. if you want something experimental and something more rock inspired listen to The Powers that B (it's a double album) if you want what it considered by most to be their best and is the closest to hiphop then listen to The Money Store, I'd recommend The Money Store first though
>>
Just listen to their discography in order, it's on Third Worlds.
If you end up not liking it, well, maybe you just dislike it?
>>
>download their albums
>listen to them
if you don't like it delete their shit and move on.
why worry yourself so much over not enjoying something when there's so much more out there to check out
>>
>>64683618
I don't download albums. I only buy vinyl.

So far, I've purchased two albums that scare me to death to listen to and I'm not sure if I want to buy any more.
>>
plebe boss
>>
>>64682854
Death grips' music kind of reminds me of the jsrf soundtrack so it's nostalgic to me.
>>
>>64683672
then don't buy more just check them out on youtube or something
>>
>>64683424
Sorry, I didn't mean Bottomless Pits, I meant No Love Deep Web. Thanks for the suggestion though
>>
>>64683083
>so I run
>no energy
>>
>>64683672
you have an original exmilitary on vinyl? i'm pretty jelly

just listen to tracks like Takyon until you feel like you could run straight through a brick wall unscathed

a healthy indicator of enjoyment is when you reach the point where you want to make a new thread and shitpost the track lyrics on /mu/ in all caps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibNzjncOTm8
>>
>>64683893
Don't be too jealous. I bought it a week ago and think i paid wayyyy too much. Thought I would like it. Shame I can't get into it.

I'll take your suggestion. Thanks.
>>
>>64682854

Get off your ass and do some exercise while listening to them and maybe you'll understand. I honestly don't think I ever listen to them outside of running/lifting and they're one of my favorite bands.
>>
>>64683893
TRIPLE SIX, FIVE, FORKED TONGUE
Takyon is one of my favorite dg tracks
>>
smoke weed

it makes more sense ride sounds a whole lot clearer.
>>
get drunk first and dance around like a moron, it's very visceral music
>>
>>64682854
If your frustrated, then Death Grips is what you should be listening to, my friend. The music is a release; you don't listen to it for anything other than to relive tension.
>>
>>64683883
this. Kid is dumb af.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.