[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To musicfags out there: how did you git gud at note identification/sound
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1458253198938.jpg (15 KB, 210x222) Image search: [Google]
1458253198938.jpg
15 KB, 210x222
To musicfags out there: how did you git gud at note identification/sound recognition? I want to learn to play an instrument but feel like it would be pointless to start with chords and stuff if i don't even recognize sounds. When you close your eyes, what do you associate notes to? Colours, depth of sound or something else entirely? Anything you wish you knew before you started learning?
>>
>>64682493
just start practicing you faggot, you don't need a degree in music to play an instrument
>>
>>64682515
ok sempai, never said i needed it
j-just looking for some protips that's all
>>
>>64682493
Just fuck around, learn some chords, get some tabs, and play some songs. The rest will come to you in time, bitch.
>>
>>64682493
you sound like too much of a faggot to play an instrument
>>
>>64682493
After a while it comes naturally. At first it might help to associate them with their alphabetical equivalent, but eventually you'll be able to work it out on it's own. Also, the thing I wish I'd known was persistence. You're not gonna git gud in a day, unless you're some autist savant. Don't give up.
>>
>>64682722
You forgot to call him a faggot, faggot
>>
Don't think too much about it. It just comes naturally. Nobody can recognize chords or notes at first, but after playing a lot you just start to recognize certain sounds.

The way i recognize them is when im listening to a song i just recognize that note/chord as something i've played before.
>>
you dont need this skill
>>
>>64682722
>>64682728
EDIT: Don't give up, faggot
>>
First you ask about note recognition which you get by actually playing an instrumen and training your ear and it's not even necessary for playing desu, the second thing as about synesthesia which is even less remotely related to playing an instrument and not everyone has it, but if you want to listen to textures and specific sounds I would recommend for you to work with samples and electronic devices because playing an instrument is hard work until you sound decent
>>
It blows my mind when people give tips like "just keep practicing faggot" in these threads. Just sitting down and playing guitar every day is not going to make you a better guitarist. You have to deliberately practice certain things.

For starters, you need to get good at playing scales. Major, Minor, Blues, Melodic Minor, Harmonic Minor etc etc. Play them up and down, to the 9th, in thirds, in fourths, in sixths, in the circle of fourths, in the circle of fifths. This is the only thing that will help your ear start to recognize the relationships between notes, which you can then build almost anything on top of.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.