[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you grow out of Radiohead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: radiohead3.jpg (67 KB, 462x463) Image search: [Google]
radiohead3.jpg
67 KB, 462x463
When did you grow out of Radiohead?
>>
I find myself growing in and out of bands. I listened to a lot of Radiohead when I was first getting into music, and now I find myself hyped for their next album despite not having listened to them much since the release of TKOL.
>>
I never did, they are my favorite band
>>
>>64681778
Came to post this
>>
>>64681688
I always come back to this band. One of my friends introduced me to HTTT when it was released, then I found OKC and Kid A and was spellbound. They were the band that pushed me deeper into music.

I was all in during IR's release, and it was one of the most satisfying release experiences of my lifetime so far. TKOL was good, but I've kinda grown away from the band in the last few years.

I don't know if they're my favorite band, but they're definitely the band that has been most important to my development as a music listener. I'll always respect them for that.

I'm hyped for the new album, Daydreaming is great.
>>
>>64681688

When /mu/ told me I had to because one Anon said so.
>>
File: musicbee.png (1 MB, 1599x855) Image search: [Google]
musicbee.png
1 MB, 1599x855
Apparently not yet since I'm listening to them right now
>>
>>64681688
I grew out of their Bends/OKC phase if that's what you'd call it.
>>
>>64681688
Never listened to them.
>>
>>64681688
You can grow out of many bands but I don't think you can grow out of Radiohead. I have long periods of not listening to their music, but then I somehow come back to it and discover something new and great. No matter how much you try to find similar music, there just isn't anything out there like Radiohead.
>>
>>64681906

Yeah, 90's Radiohead lost its appeal to me as well.
>>
>>64681957
coldplay tho
>radiohead fans will deny this
>>
>>64681987
Gr8 b8 m8. The d8 is May8. LP9 in 5 hours, don't be l8.
>>
>itt people who were fans to begin with
how does it feel to be an oaf?
>>
>>64681688
some time in the last few years

for me it became incredibly apparent that their ideas just aren't very well fleshed out. they treat their music as if it holds some incredible weight that it really doesn't.
>>
When OK Computer and Kid A were only a couple of years old, around the time I was 8, my dad introduced me to Radiohead and said "Son, this is the music that will define your generation." I was obsessed with the band up until In Rainbows came out, and then quickly grew out of them. I overplayed the shit out of those three albums and now can't listen to them because none of the sounds are new or interesting. This happened with most of Frank Zappa's famous albums, Talking Heads, and The Velvet Underground.
>>
>>64681688
Was never a huge fan to begin with. I liked OK Computer when I was 15. I pretty much can't stand it now. The Bends always sounded like garbage to me. I like In Rainbows and maybe a few select tracks from Kid A and Hail To The Thief. I'm still excited about LP9 though.
>>
>>64681867
This is exactly my experience except my brother introduced me to them with HTTT
>>
>>64683136
I grew out of them at age 17, but I still occasionally listen to stuff like Amnesiac, which I think is their magnum opus
>>
>>64681688
I never grew into them. Radio-head are for teenage girls
>>
The only iPod/phone I've had with Radiohead on it was my mini. So I guess around 12 or 13
>>
>>64683180
Interesting. I could never get into Amnesiac, except for Knives Out.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.