[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Death of Music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
Has music died? Nothing interests me anymore. Almost every popular artist is a gold-digging pretentious whore. The public has become so blind and deaf these past years, they don't stand up for what they believe in anymore. They wait for those special 'track-by-track' reviews from their favorite YouTubers so that they can formulate an opinion. It's all very sad really. I'm not saying there aren't any real artists out there, I'm sure they are. But they'll never be as big as Bieber or Selena. What we need is a new artist with big fucking brass balls who will stand for nothing else but music. And he/she will need our support.
>>
you're just too depressed to care
>>
>>64681203
>What we need is a new artist with big fucking brass balls who will stand for nothing else but music.
go download ableton and make something
>>
>>64681203
Stop being a rockist fuckwad and you're problems will disappear.
>>
Fuck off the getinline, and getinline the fuck offd.
>>
>>64681203
Music hasn't died, people that aren't musicians have largely stopped caring.
>>
>>64681285
Why do youare think he's a rockist?
>>
>>64681344
The picture and the title. I didn't read the post because I'm a busy high achiever.
>>
>>64681203
>The Death of Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnDfqYlSzNs
>>
>>64681203
As far as quality MUSIC goes, things are very, very bad.
>>
File: 1371251178563.jpg (97 KB, 625x689) Image search: [Google]
1371251178563.jpg
97 KB, 625x689
>>64681256
>>64681344
Oh, i don't know. Is it that we collectively thought Justin Bieber was a great man, when when we knew he made billions off the backs of children? Or maybe it's that it feels like all our heroes are counterfeit. the world itself's just a big hoax. Spamming with our running commentary of bullshit masquerading as insight, our social media faking as intimacy. Or is it that we voted for this? Not with our rigged elections, but with our things, our property, our money. I'm not saying anything new. We all know why we do this, not because "Lemonade" album make us happy but because we wanna be sedated. Because it's painful not to pretend, because we're cowards. F*ck society.
>>
>>64681449
Why do you give anime posters the worst name
this is something a "woke" 13 year old writes when he finds out the lady at the restaurant was being nice to him because she wanted a big tip
>>
>>64681203
music is definitely objectively worse right now, thats not to say i dont enjoy any of it, but because we live in a time where everything can be spoon fed and injected right into your brain with a click or two, theres no real reason to put effort into trying to make great music, but i reckon someone will come along and turn it around, a new band will come and get people hyped again
>>
>>64681449
My man, you need to stop thinking like this. Being able to think critically is great but this shit you're coming up with is just bad for your psyche. Get yourself out of the rut.
>>
>>64681203

You sound like such an embarrassing, clueless adolescent.

Like fucking hell, I almost feel bad for you but nah you're a cunt.
>>
And the mongs indulging OP in this thread are equally, interminably juvenile. Lmao, this board
>>
>>64681612
I'm not going to insult a stranger over the internet, you have every right to turn a blind on this.
>>
>>64681203

>Has music died?

nah u kill mane
>>
>>64681285
your a dorable
>>
>>64681203
>Has music died?
>Nothing interests me anymore.

Now that is a surefire sign that music is as dead as it gets.
>>
File: 1452179095806.jpg (21 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1452179095806.jpg
21 KB, 321x322
>>64681723

I'm diagnosed with clinical depression but this made me lol

Thanks bro
>>
>>64681449
this is definitely a copypasta inspired from Mr. Robot.
>>
OP here, I don't even know what's happening anymore
>>
>>64681815
Yes it is, but it's definitely not wrong.
>>
>>64681203
If you're trying to listen only ''popular artists'' in this day and age - I think you're doing it wrong. Don't get me wrong, there are still great musicians and true artists now and either they don't desire to become ''popular'' or their music is too good for the masses. You should explore the 70s all the way, discover new genres from various time periods, try listening to something that is good, but you never thought you would've liked, etc. Don't give up - there's still quality music being made, but only if you're willing to discover it.
>>
Popular music may be shitter but underground music is solid as fuck at the moment
I think one reason for this is that people, as in the general public, dont really care about music as much as they used to.
>>
>>64681203
Since when does having an objectively superior taste in music equate to pretension? Enjoy standing in a literal field surrounded by people who probably have oral herpes (90% of people do) jumping up and down in the rain to a band that only cares about asserting a hip image and scoring PTP. Meanwhile I'll be in my bathrobe at home taking a long warm bath and dipping cookies into a glass of semi-skimmed milk while listening to an album you will go to your grave without either hearing about or possessing the capacity to appreciate, while the rain patters against the window. While you trudge around in a dark bog in search of your damp and tiny tent as people with superior social skills and charisma giggle and chase each other to their shared sleeping bag, I will curl into a foetal position beneath my duvet, tucking it up to my chin and inhaling the subtle scent of a candle flickering nearby. While you wake up crying from the tinnitus inflicted by a band who doesn't comprehend the notion that loud noise isn't necessarily music, I will be dreaming of holding hands with my oneitis in a field of waist-length wheat, laughing and running to a small stream where we will bathe and picnic.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.