[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it really that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_mrw3hvTWbl1qmytm9o7_1280.jpg (263 KB, 1038x1567) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrw3hvTWbl1qmytm9o7_1280.jpg
263 KB, 1038x1567
Was it really that bad?
>>
>>64678910
it's oasis.
yes, it was.
>>
>>64678924
/thread
>>
>>64678910
Noel overlayered the guitars severely and wrote every song about 2 minutes too long, but it's actually not bad at all. It could easily be reworked into an album every bit as good as WTSMG
>>
No it wasnt
>>
>>64678924
oasis are the worst band of all time
>>
>>64678924
First post best post
>>
>>64678924
>>64678926
>>64678939
Now kids...
>>
I SAID MAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>64678910
Some songs are a bit too long, but I actually think this album's biggest flaw was that it was a bit too indie and aimed at mass market appeal. It's it's noisy as hell and even shoegazy at times. The average person didn't know how to respond and instead called it shit, while the music snob crowed had already written off Oasis as pleb music. I'm not saying it's without flaw (and it definitely is a flawed album) but I think it's
1. actually got a lot of stuff going for it,
2. far better than every Oasis album that came after it
>>
ALL MY PEOPLE RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW
>>
>>64678924
couldn't have said it better
>>
>>64678910
the first song is fucking godly one of the best songs of the 90s

the rest is mostly trash
>>
>>64679041
It was actually critically acclaimed upon release, because the reviewers panned WTSMG and it became a huge hit, so they didn't want to end up with egg on their face again. It wasn't until later that the critics turned on it. (Keep this example in mind the next time you ever consider giving music critics an ounce of credibility).

Also, Dig Out Your Soul is a superior album in every way.
>>
>>64678910
Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory were energetic, catchy as hell and to the point.

This one is a bloated, forced turd. It's enough to listen to this shit only once to understand why it killed britpop.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.