[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What concerts you seeing /mu/? I'm seeing Gojira later this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: HillarieJason-Gojira-1-8.jpg (2 MB, 4256x2832) Image search: [Google]
HillarieJason-Gojira-1-8.jpg
2 MB, 4256x2832
What concerts you seeing /mu/?
I'm seeing Gojira later this year I heard they put on one of the best metal shows
Is that true or just fans wanking?
>>
Literally just came back from seeing Behemoth
>>
>>64677488
How was Behemoth? a friend of mine saw them but never gave me details
>>
File: 1461467220425.png (54 KB, 826x479) Image search: [Google]
1461467220425.png
54 KB, 826x479
>>64677131
idk i seen gojira like 6 times
But i fucking love them as a band and their music so im little biased. Go talk to them after gigs, they always come out to speak to their fans and discuss all kinds of shit. Especially if you go to first line and bang your fucking head off like i do.

going to see them in poland again in may june 2 club concerts back to back.

Also
Small concerts in clubs >>>> festivals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B99yVpSv80
scroll to 2:10

Other shows ?
This year i have seen Ghost which was great laid back fun. For now i wait for 2 slayer gigs, 2 gojira gigs and Ghost in summer, then probably something in netherlands by end of the year after they release new album.
>>
File: 20150920_235318.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20150920_235318.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
I saw Gojira back in 2008 and unfortunately they are skipping my city this time around.

This year so far I'm going to see Amon Amarth, Baroness and Revenge

Pic is of Travis Ryan I took at Cattle Decapitation last year
>>
>>64677770
They were great. Played 15 songs, including all the ones off of The Satanist. Crowd was going crazy and there was a lot of interaction. They even played a song from their pure black metal days (pre Satanica) which was cool. I think it was Surrender in Pain.

Myrkur opened for them. They were okay. Might check them out in the future. I've seen far worse openers.
>>
SikTh, CHON and periphery in SF \m/
>>
>>64678090
Also, half the people there were chicks. I guess girls like Behemoth. Last two shows I saw were Iron Maiden and Machine Head, and I saw almost no women.
>>
Last concert I saw was Melt Banana / Melvins / Napalm Death

Considering going to Grimes / Florence + The Machine next month, but idk
>>
>>64678090
Saw Myrkur and found them extremely boring and uninspired.

Girl should just do folk, nice voice.
>>
>>64678165
I agree. If she just did folk it would be terrific. I know she gets a lot of hate but that's black metal manchildren being who they are.
>>
>>64678155
I'm so sad I missed that Napalm Death / Melvins / Melt Banana show. Hell what a lineup.

What was I thinking? kms
>>
>>64678466
I know me too

and Jello Biafra joined them
>>
Going to see anco for a second time this year in September
>>
File: 1455401969545.jpg (103 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1455401969545.jpg
103 KB, 500x500
All within this next week I'm seeing Animal Collective, Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith, Dead Meadow, Wild Nothing, STRFKR, and Com Truise. Shit's gonna be lit
>>
Nothing soon. Gonna see Katatonia in October.

Saw Amorphis and Textures a month ago. Textures are probably the tightest live band I've ever seen, and I dont even like them much.
>>
>>64677131
I saw Gojira open for In Flames quite a long time ago. Didn't even know them before. They blew me away. Incredible Energy they have. I wish I could see them again.
>>
I'm going to see Manic Street Preachers at the end of the month, and Teenage Fanclub at the end of the year. Hoping to get tickets to some more on top of that, but that's all I've got planned at the minute.
>>
>>64678730
i love this album cover so much
>>
>>64677131
I've got a number of concerts I'm seeing this year that I don't feel like listing, but I saw Gojira back on the Way of All Flesh tour and they were absolutely outstanding. Seriously the second best metal show I've ever seen and that's saying a lot for me.

Granted though this was when they were playing mostly stuff from that and FMTS. If the rest of this new album sounds like that single however it might be a bit of a weaker tour if you know what I'm saying.
>>
>Nothing and PWR BTTM in June
>Swans in September

egg
>>
File: 1440294873202.jpg (733 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1440294873202.jpg
733 KB, 1920x1080
Cat Power on the 13th, should be cool.
>>
>>64680421
woops 14th actually
>>
Do you guys think Death Grips will tour outside of the US?

I want to see them live here in Melbourne.
>>
>>64677131
I'm going on a psytrance festival in July. Not a huge fan of goa, but I am going there for the atmosphere and the drugs.
>>
Death Index
>>
File: SoFloAntonio.jpg (27 KB, 401x401) Image search: [Google]
SoFloAntonio.jpg
27 KB, 401x401
>brian wilson
>animal collective
>into it/over it
> travis scott
>julien baker
>skepta

>>64680113
fuckin love pwr bttm, wish they would come over to the UK soon
>>
>>64678155
I saw them just a couple days ago on Friday.
Were you at the SF show?
>>
Elder, Earthless
Abbath, High on Fire
Chelsea Wolfe
Discharge, eyehategod
>>
>>64678155
>>64680787
FUCK
I wish I got tickets to that before it sold out.
>>
I'm going to see them this July in Italy, only heard one of their albums but I've got time to listen to the rest, anybody wanna come?
>>
Only have King Crimson and Opeth left this year, but the last 12 months have been amazing for music as I've been able to see most of my favourite artists that I previously hadn't seen (Chelsea Wolfe, GY!BE and At the Drive-In amongst others). I will be getting Black Sabbath and NIN tickets if/when they come to the UK.
>>
Going to go see blink-182 in June. So excited!

I'm glad Tom is gone and Matt Skiba has taken his place. It's like two of my favorite bands meeting.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459967979755.jpg (61 KB, 960x910) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459967979755.jpg
61 KB, 960x910
>>64677131
>What concerts you seeing /mu/
Black Sabbath, God is an Astronaut, Iron Maiden, Explosions in the Sky and maybe Swans.

Wish I could see Gojira live, have fun, OP.
>>
>>64677131
Saw Steven Wilson like a week ago.
>>
>>64682295
How was it?
I wanted to go on tue show in Trieste but had no money for the ticket or the bus.
Really wanted to go, tho
>>
>>64682357
I saw him in Sofia, Bulgaria. It wasn't a huge venue, but their sound was definitely the best live sound I've ever heard. They played the Hand. Cannot. Erase album, some Porcupine Tree (Sleep together, Lazarus) era songs and a couple of covers. His band members are really talented. Bass player played guitar, a Chapman stick and sang that night. Here's a video from the concert:
https://youtu.be/T1OWY0z6hlc
>>
File: The-Magic-Band-website-image[1].jpg (126 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
The-Magic-Band-website-image[1].jpg
126 KB, 400x400
Going to see The Magic Band in July.

Might go see The Human League in November if I can be bothered to travel.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.