[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
he's really gone bros fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (292 KB, 630x428) Image search: [Google]
file.png
292 KB, 630x428
he's really gone bros

fuck
>>
painkillers are a helluva drug
>>
We need to hear what's in that vault.
>>
File: Prince-CTC.jpg (127 KB, 1600x1204) Image search: [Google]
Prince-CTC.jpg
127 KB, 1600x1204
there was a showing of Purple Rain at my local theater
brought the feels out
>>
>>64676917
he didn't make a good album for 2 decades. you actually think he has a whole bunch of great music just sitting there unreleased?
>>
>>64676939
From the sheer amount of stuff that's in there? Of course.
>>
>>64676939
He's said in interviews that his best work hasn't been released
>>
Is he a stand user?
>>
>>64676939
name a pop artist that's sound defined his generation that made consistent work for 30 years
>>
You never listened to him when he was alive
>>
>>64676978
Neil Young
>>
>>64677007
he wasn't pop
name another
>>
>>64676978
you can't because pop has a very short attention span. Especially today. Case in point. How quickly Lady Gaga went from being the pinnacle of Pop Music to utter obscurity. And lord help any artist that actually packs on a few pounds or starts to show age.
>>
>>64677160
well, are there any soul singer/artists who were as prolific as Prince?
he did more for modern soul/neo-soul/R&B than anyone I can think of.
I just don't understand mu/'s obsession with old artists remaining consistent with their old age, he's obviously not Bob Dylan or Neil Young or some super artistic type, even though his ego tells him he is. But, what he did in the past was good enough to give him some kind of credit.
>>
>>64677285
I'm not disagreeing with you. I have liked Madonnas new albums as much as the most successful ones. But. She got old and the current generations can't have anyone who is past 50 or they get ridiculed for their age. men can get a pass. Woman, if any of them have I'm not aware of it.
>>
>>64677007
I'm a huge Neil fan, but his 80's/early 90's output was anything but consistent
>>
>>64677989
>harvest moon
>ragged glory

nigga those are some of his best albums
>>
I hope all you children just latching on to Prince's music get shot down in your favorite faggot coffee house.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.