[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have people already started to look back on this fondly like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: kanye-west-yeezus.jpg (46 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west-yeezus.jpg
46 KB, 500x449
Have people already started to look back on this fondly like they did with 808's? Has your opinion of it changed in the past 3 years?
>>
>>64675348
No, its shit and always will be
>>
>>64675359
great argument
>>
Nope. Thought it was tripe when it was new and still found it to be tripe when revisiting it before TLOP released.
>>
File: descartes.jpg (95 KB, 1031x860) Image search: [Google]
descartes.jpg
95 KB, 1031x860
>>64675859
>. Thought it was tripe
>tripe
>britbong
opinion descarted

>>64675348
yeezus is a grower, not a shower. same with 808s. it will be hailed as kanye's masterpiece along with CD.
>>
>>64675890

I'm American. I also adored 808's on first listen and continue to find it to be a great album to this day.
>>
>>64675348
>>64675859

I thought it was awesome and hard as fuck then, it hasn't really gotten less so in time. It was great timing, too.
>>
>>64675391
great counter argument
>>
I wasnt crazy about Yeezus at first but about 4 months ago I reheard that song Hold my Liquor and I think it is really really good. I think I was too quick to judge it when it came out.

I love 808s and I loved it when it came out.
>>
>64675391
pls kill urself
>>
I loved Yeezus when it came out, I hated it for a few years, and after readjusting expectations and letting it stand on its own, I love it again.

It's not perfect but I really like some of the production and layering on the album and I enjoy the cohesive track list and energy the whole album has.
>>
Nah I still think it's shit, not a fan of the beats and the lyrics are straight up trash
>>
>>64675982

I find Hold My Liquor to be rather middling. The guitar bit's pretty good but the rest of it leaves little impression on me. Same with I Am A God - its first verse is among the album's few great moments but I JUST TALKED TO JESUS, HE SAID WHAT UP YEEZUS loses the momentum that gained for me and the rest is just kind of whatever. I feel that way about a lot of Yeezus - glimmers of greatness brought down by largely substanceless aggression and experimentation. The album's so busy trying to sound abrasive that the good ideas it does have rarely come across as fully realized to me. The one moment on the album where the harsh aesthetic truly works for me is On Sight. That track opens the album like a monster.
>>
File: yeezus dennys.jpg (60 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
yeezus dennys.jpg
60 KB, 500x492
>>64675348
i still remember the day i bought it and listened to it driving home
first listen i already liked the album
but after about 1000 listens i still grow to love it more and more
>>
>>64676245
really? you don't feel the emotion when kanye says "late night organ donor. after daddy disowned you. after that it's just hopeless. soul mates become soulless and bitch i'm back out my coma"? the trumpets on blood on the leaves + that dirty percussion. the strings fading away. every track on yeezus has a brilliant moment like that. the opening on on sight is noe such moment, i would also put the "i'm tired. you tired. jesus wept" bit from bound 2 in that category. new slaves has one of kanye's best verses. guilt trip has probably the funniest use of orgasm sounds i've ever heard, but it WORKS. don't know why but it does. i love yeezus. i want everyone to love yeezus.
>>
>>64676307
meant "i'm in it", not guilt trip. guilt trip has a great chorus though.
>>
>>64676307

I actually like Blood On The Leaves UNTIL the brass kicks in, then it gets too corny for me. I can't stand anything about Bound 2 that isn't the synth section, though I do think it's interesting that its the inverse of On Sight by being mostly soul-oriented with a synth interruption. I think On Sight was way better about it though - its soul sample is an album highlight IMO. New Slaves is fine as is Black Skinhead, and I really only like Guilt Trip's instrumental, but to its merit I REALLY like it.

>>64676343

Oh, I tend to forget that song even exists. I mean, it's got an unorthodox structure and that's cool I guess but I've heard it a handful of times now and beyond that intro I can't remember a damn thing about it. I mean, at least Send It Up had that stupid airhorn synth thing that just cracks me up more than anything - I can at least laugh at that song. I'm In It doesn't even do that for me.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.