[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started listening to sunn o))) for the first time it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Sunn_o_black_one.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sunn_o_black_one.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Just started listening to sunn o))) for the first time
it's absolutely beautiful. Started with black one, where should i go from here?
>>
Radiohead new album is today!
>>
>>64674029
Monoliths & Dimensions, then maybe Grimmrobe
>>
listen to kannon. its a 3 track album, 30 mins. kannon 3 is my favorite.
>>
>>64674159
>>64674310
Thanks! Any other bands I should check out that have the same soulcrushingness to them?
So far I've been digging on gris, deafheaven, and bohren
>>
>>64674370
Earth and Boris (absulotego to be exact)
evoken and funeral doom metal in general if you really want to dive head first into sad crushing hell
>>
>>64674550
Is there a flowchart anywhere for funeral doom and stuff like this, rather have that than another notepad w/ bands
>>
>>64674623
not that i know of but go through this list http://rateyourmusic.com/list/PsychoMantis/essential_funeral_dooom_bands_a_must_for_any_funeral_dooomster_/
the call of the wretched sea by ahab is a personal favorite but most of the bands are quality
>>
>>64674623
or just listen to straight up drone
>>
File: Borish.jpg (493 KB, 3235x1618) Image search: [Google]
Borish.jpg
493 KB, 3235x1618
>>64674623
idk but here's a good one for boris. Feedbacker and the entire right half is right up your alley
>>
File: Mucoredoommetal.jpg (425 KB, 907x1600) Image search: [Google]
Mucoredoommetal.jpg
425 KB, 907x1600
>>64674623
another
>>
>>64674029
You should've started with The Grimmrobe Demos you dummy.
Always start a new artist with their first work, unless you just want to hear that one album from them.
>>
>>64674370
Eleh, if it's the frequencies you like instead of the heaviness.
He basically does the same thing Sunn do but from an electronic standpoint, via manipulation of bare sine waves
>>
>>64674731
>>64674790
>>64674813
Sick as fuck! thanks
>>64674764
I don't know if I'm ready for full on drone, maybe after a couple months of this stuff
>>64674828
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>64674859
I'm more into the heaviness, but I'll keep this in mind if/when i start dipping into drone
>>
>>64674029
The Boris collab is so fucking good, try it
>>
>>64674370
Earth and Boris.

Deafheaven is shit
>>
>>64675246
Seconding this, in my opinion it's the best Boris and best Sunn album.
>>
White one.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.