[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you idiots think this is good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1236890.jpg (45 KB, 600x586) Image search: [Google]
1236890.jpg
45 KB, 600x586
Why do you idiots think this is good?
>>
the killa riffs
>>
I don't, but I can understand why people do like it.
>>
>>64670718
scaruffi
>>
Because I find it surreal, surprising and unpredictable. And I like surreal, surprising and unpredictable stuff.
>>
Because it is completely composed even though it sounds like chaos. a very difficult accomplishment.

I value the effort more than the results.
>>
>>64670718

it's alright

at least it held my attention long enough to listen to the whole thing by the second attempt to listen
>>
>>64670889
I had no idea it was composed. Huh.

Respect for Captain Beefheart
>>
>>64670718
Dachau Bluueees those poooooooor jeewsss.
>>
>>64671361
>composed
Eh, barely.
He started fucking around with a piano and told someone to transcribe everything.
>>
its a shit album but concepts of the album were taken by future artists and implemented successfully in terms of listenable songs
>>
>there's old grey with her dove-winged hat
>there's old green with her sowing machine
>>
>>64671802
who?
>>
cuz Tha trout mask replica is fukkin lit my lil nephew
>>
Let me start by saying you're a cunt.

just because it doesn't follow the traditional pop or rock or blues progression or sound doesnt mean its bed. This band made basically no moneu from their music and neer toured they only taged along with other bands rarely. these people were on drugs yes influencing the greatly as have many other great musician from the 40's to the present day spanning across all forms of art and genres of music.
>>
You're a gormless prole if you can't appreciate the artful richness of this. Sorry.

Back in my day one's reaction to this would be the deciding factor of whether or not you were worthy of critiquing music in the biz.
>>
>>64670718
because it'st literally art in musical form, and not in the mundane sense that 'every musical act is art'. The guys that made this album practiced for hours and hours every day, and were treated like shit by Captain Beefheart and even hit by him when they would screw up because he wanted the album to sound perfect. It's avant-gard in it's purest form. It's monumental. fuck. i hate explaining this over and over but here i am....
>>
>>64674060

I don't care how meticulously captain beefheart crafted this turd, it's still a turd.
>>
Sick beats
>>
it's more easier to understand if you're fucked in the head.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.