[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help. I recently started a band with some friends of mine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: simon ferocious.jpg (8 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
simon ferocious.jpg
8 KB, 183x275
I need help. I recently started a band with some friends of mine and not to sound like a dick, but my skill level is quite a bit higher than their's. I don't know any other musicians so if i did decide to ditch them there would be no where to go. And i also don't want my friends to hate my guts. If someone with some experience could give me some tips or help in general it would be much appreciated.
>>
Get some gigs with some other people. A lot of small band tend to lose members a lot, so if that happens, you could put yourself forwards as a replacement and get into their band instead, if that band is better than the one you are in.
>>
>>64670528
That sounds good but know of any places to meet some musicians, other than like a show.
>>
>>64670559
Just play with your mates, and ditch 'em when the time comes. They'll be a bit bitter about it, but tell them that you think you're holding them back, and they should do their own thing and they'll probably be alright about it.
>>
>>64670382
Sounds like you should do a solo project, mate
>>
Do your best to help them get better, give em books, be sort of a dick-perfectionist but dont go all in and tell them they fucking suck.

Get them into different types of music.

It shouldn't be forced but natural, they are ya mates after all. Eventually you will keep getting better and ur mates will catch up if its what their passion really is. Otherwise in time, they will go do whatever is they are doing and u'll still be jamming. No big deal. Everyone grows.
>>
Ok i think Im more comfortable with my situation now. I just needed some outside opinions. Thanks!
>>
>>64670908
You sound like you've never been in a band before.
>>
most people who say things like this are actually really average musicians, especially in a band context.
Have a few jam sessions and see what happens OP
>>
>>64670382
Tell them you feel creative differences and you'd like to focus on your endeavors instead of something you don't enjoy doing. I did it because my friends I played with were entry-tier "i know le riff to smoke on water xD" and I was already playing some intermediate-advanced stuff. We mutually parted ways as a band and I did me, learned more instruments so I could do all my music myself, and they just stopped being a band.

:^)

What instrument do you primarily play anon?
>>
>>64670908
This could work, depending on the friends of course, in my first band my drummer always got the majority of praise after shows so I practiced my ass off to try and catch up... We have continued to play together in different bands since...
>>
WHAT STATE!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.