[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Metal Machine Music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
Thoughts on Metal Machine Music?
>>
Post-modern masterpiece. Better than [your favorite album] for sure.
>>
trash that's only considered cannon cause shit uneducated rock critics namedrop it EVERY TIME a band or artist uses guitar noise
>>
\m/
>>
>>64669934
Do you like it or not
>>
One of the worst albums every made by a popular artist. Period. "Metal Machine Music" is annoying feedback without any structure. When my dog howls it sounds more like music than this.

I can think of only one or two albums worse than this--the albums that John Lennon and Yoko Ono made (you know their "artistic", avant garde ones). This is more annoying and tunless than the Youtube video with the dog that barks but sounds like it is screaming--and that was at least amusing.

If I could give this release 0 stars I would.
>>
>>64670052
I bet you like Spiderland
Faggg
>>
>>64670052
yeah except john and yokos shit is actually good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCb0TsSIqI0
>>
>>64670068
Take an electric guitar or two, plug them into amps, turn it all on, and leave the room for an hour...with the tape rolling and recording the feedback. Apparently, Lou even left the building for some coffee during this time! This, according to Diana Clapton, is how MMM was 'created' (her book is Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground). In other words, Lou doesn't even play on it. So, for those raving about this album, you may want to ask yourselves how much you're reading into it (comparisons to Tangerine Dream -- gimme a break!). Lou was hardly trying to be avant garde or experimental...trying to get out of a contract is more like it.
>>
>>64670052
is this a meme
>>
>>64670052
Ever hear of noise?
>>
>>64670090
>>64670114
>>64670163
You know what's *really* annoying to me?

The fact that there must be several MUCH more deserving albums from the 70's that obviously require more in the way of creativity, songwriting and just overall talent that are rapidly fading away.

Meanwhile, a horrible piece of garbage like Metal Machine Music gets all kinds of totally undeserved attention these days, despite being one of the noisiest, crappiest and most obnoxious albums that ever came out of the entire decade. Guitar feedback absolutely *stinks*. All because of a contractual obligation?
REALLY? Enjoyable? THIS album?

I will never understand today's generation. I realize everything comes down to personal preference, but songwriting is significantly more important than straight up unbearable noise (at least, it most certainly *should* be) and Metal Machine Music simply doesn't deserve to be remembered (or praised) in the slightest.
>>
Better than Neutral Milk Hotel
>>
>>64670233
this is definitely some avant-teen ironically shitposting
thanks for the laffs 7.6/10

consider suicide
>>
>>64670233
>I will never understand today's generation
How old are you? or at least answer this: in wich decade did you born?
Also why do you think that older generations had a better understanding about music?
>>
>>64669874
It's funny how people act like this is the most abrasive album ever when it's pretty melodic compared to a lot of modern noise music
>>
>>64671345
Literally nobody thinks that.
>>
>>64671380
It seems this guy does>>64670233
I was exaggerating when I said the most abrasive album but a lot of people think its unbearably harsh
>>
>>64671490
Well shit.
I'm stupid.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.